Questions on some RB merchandise

Aquarius

Questions on some RB merchandise

Post by Aquarius »

I have some questions to ask about some of the stuff sold in the 80's.

Does anyone know when Kitty Brite was produced? There are A LOT of puppy brites out there, and Kitty Brite is more rare, sells for more & shows up less frequently. Was it produced around the time the dress up dolls were?

Were the baby sprites sold in the US? These are almost more common than Kitty Brite.

What countries were the Hard bodied Starlite and Sunriser made in? Were they ever sold in the US? I've only seen 1 of these Starlites for sale ever on Ebay and it was in bad shape and it still sold for over $40.00.

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Re: Questions on some RB merchandise

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I'm really not sure about Kitty Brite. The Baby Sprites mostly show up on German Ebay, so I have a feeling they were mostly (maybe only) released in the European countries that Moonglow was released in.

I have both hard-bodied Starlite and Sunriser MIB and none of the text on the boxes are in a foreign language, so I would tend to think they were only sold in the US, but I'm not certain.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Aquarius :

I know that Kitty Brite is really rare and quite expensive ... thank god I am puppy-fan ! :-)

The baby sprites are also quite rare ... the other sprites(big ones and hatfull sprites) can be found much more often ... I really dont know whether they were only produced for the european market !

The hard-bodied horses were not sold in Germany to my knowledge ... they almost never emerge on german ebay !

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

An add-on to the notes about the baby sprites: They are sold for higher prices if they come with the ball they came in. That's what makes them pretty rare. Sold loose...they don't go as high.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Thats true Chibi ... but for all people out there interested in the complete version with ball ...
Beware of cheaters who put loose baby sprites into cheap acrylicglassballs !
I often noticed such trickery on ebay !!! :angry: