Rarity in Books

Chibi Rachy

Rarity in Books

Post by Chibi Rachy »

So I've started to see that some books from the original run are a bit more rare than others. Watercolor mentioned to me that the Happy Birthday Buddy Blue book is harder to find than the others. I also know that the UK Treasury book is hard to get ahold of, and certainly not in pristine condition.

What other books from the original launch are hard to find? Are the books with cassette tapes harder to get than their record counterparts? That's my guess from ebay searches.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Aquarius

Re: Rarity in Books

Post by Aquarius »

I know that all of the large golden books seem to be the most sought after on ebay. I'm not so sure about the books w/ cassettes or records and whats harder to find, I always managed to see them all quite a bit on ebay. I guess it depends on if they come with all their "packaging" or not.

Also, pm'ing you about the large golden books :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Well I do know the most common books are the Brook Meadow and Saves Spring ones. I'm only missing the Color Mix-up. If anything, I'd love a better copy of the Treasury book. I love the one I have since the pages are clean and not beat up or marked on; the cover has seen much better days.

I got your PM. I'm really not interested in getting the books right now. Rainbow Brite is only one of quite a few collections that I take care of after I buy other things I want XD
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

I was about to ask this same question about the Starlight Saves The Day book I got from a thrift store who had employees almost throw it away. Thanks! (now that store knows not to throw away RB stuff, but to give it to me ASAP :P )