I need some price checks....

KittyBrite

I need some price checks....

Post by KittyBrite »

I'm helping my friend, Linda, and her daughter, Tammy, sell some of Tammy's toys from the '80s. Tammy lost her job and REALLY needs the money. She has a large box of the 10 in dolls and sprites. I found prices for them, but I'm having trouble finding prices for the vehicles. She has the Sail Mobil, Spritecycle with box, and Color Buggy with box. Can you tell me what would be a good price to sell them at?

You can see pictures of everything here. http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/s ... s/?start=0

Also, I'm new here. Is it ok to sell items here? Linda and Tammy are trying to avoid Ebay fees.

KittyBrite

Rainbow Brite UK

Re: I need some price checks....

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

KittyBrite wrote:I'm helping my friend, Linda, and her daughter, Tammy, sell some of Tammy's toys from the '80s. Tammy lost her job and REALLY needs the money. She has a large box of the 10 in dolls and sprites. I found prices for them, but I'm having trouble finding prices for the vehicles. She has the Sail Mobil, Spritecycle with box, and Color Buggy with box. Can you tell me what would be a good price to sell them at?

You can see pictures of everything here. http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/s ... s/?start=0

Also, I'm new here. Is it ok to sell items here? Linda and Tammy are trying to avoid Ebay fees.

KittyBrite

I'm sorry to hear your friend is in such trouble with money, but it's not uncommon these days.
You are welcome to sell the items here if you like, as we do this often.

How to properly price an item: Well, it takes research. Go to Ebay, type in the title of the item you are wanting to sell. You will find exsisting auctions for these same items, but they are what is currently selling.

Price changes, going up and down based on time, and even day of the week. Best way to see this is to click the box on the left hand side for "completed" auctions. This will show you all the items that have sold in the last 30 - 60 days. Take those prices and average them out.

Also, consider shipping. You can set "Exact" shipping for each item based on the person buying's zip, or you can set a cost based on the furthest zip from your location. Also, keep in mind international buyers who may want things shipped overseas (depending on where you are located)
You're listing will get more exposure on Ebay, or even mailing lists/Groups. Feel free to have your friend join these groups which will email out your listings to all those on that list. I know RainbowBrite.Net has a list. There are also groups on FaceBook, and other social sites. It's all dependent on how you want to sell.

In the future I hope to be able to have a pricing guide, but do not at this time.
Hope this helps!
Have a Rainbow Day

KittyBrite

Post by KittyBrite »

I tried looking on Ebay for the vehicles, but didn't find anything. I was hoping somebody on here could tell me what they normally sell for.

KittyBrite

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

KittyBrite wrote:I tried looking on Ebay for the vehicles, but didn't find anything. I was hoping somebody on here could tell me what they normally sell for.

KittyBrite
Unfortunately, the vehicles aren't something that is common on ebay, and they are certainly harder to come by with the box. All I can give you is that this site is selling the Color Buggy for $66 USD mint in box/never used. I'd say you could go for at least $30, but if it looks brand new and the box is as well, you may be able to go higher. Not sure though, especially with the economy.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

KittyBrite

Post by KittyBrite »

So $30 for the Buggy? That sounds good. What about the other two?

KittyBrite