Cradle and Highchair?

chantelle1107

Cradle and Highchair?

Post by chantelle1107 »

I was at a yardsale today, and someone was selling the 1983 Rainbow Brite cradle and highchair. I picked them up but Im not sure what they are worth. I cant find anything online. Anyone know? Or what would you have paid for them?
I figured if anyone would know it would most likely be you guys.

Thanks!

Chantelle

Rainbowbrite84

Re: Cradle and Highchair?

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Awww you're so lucky to have found those! I've been looking for them both! I remember the high chair was ebay about a year ago, I don't know exactly how much it went for, but it was too much for me to afford.

chantelle1107

Post by chantelle1107 »

I only paid $2 for them both! There was a lady selling all sorts of 70s and 80s toys, many still in the packages. I saw these and couldnt pass up the deal! But once I got them home I was told they have to go LoL. Plus my 2 year old has takin a liking to them, and she will end up breaking them. I plan on putting them on ebay so someone who will truely enjoy them can have them, any suggestions on starting or reserve price? and would you sell them as a set or seperate?

And also while looking online I realized its not the cradle, but the drop side crib. Many sites had it described as cradle until I saw an old add for it with the cradle, crib, and highchair.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

First off, congrats on the nice find, even if it does have to go.

I'm not sure what to start it out. You really don't see those items on ebay so it's hard to tell. Shipping will take a good bit as well. I think I'd sell them separately though.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Okay I don't have a baby nor do I think I ever will but this is very pretty furniture!
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Your big problem if you put them on eBay is going to be the shipping because they are big and awkward and heavy, and you're going to have to pad them well. Really, your best bet would be to sell them locally or put them on eBay under local pickup only.

I once had picked up the little RB stove/fridge/dishwasher set at an antiques store. I sold them online to a woman who had promised me $43. It took me $60 to ship them (not counting another $23 for the shipping box which I didn't even ask to be paid for) and that was disassembled. Oh, and to add insult to injury, she never sent me one penny.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

PrincessLadyRaine

Post by PrincessLadyRaine »

I wish I could get something like that. I love you to have this for the kids I might have one day.