I have Pic Official Rainbow Brite Costume! Can someone help?

rainbowbritehawkins

I have Pic Official Rainbow Brite Costume! Can someone help?

Post by rainbowbritehawkins »

Hello, I am totally new to this so please bear with me. I don't have a clue what I am doing. I love rainbow brite and bought this costume off ebay years ago and would love any info anyone had. I was told that it traveled around from store to store at toys r us to promote the doll back in 1983 and 1984. They thought it was a one of a kind. I don't know about that. The head is huge and fiberglass and the costume is thick and well made. I just wondered if anyone knew anything about it. I would really appreciate it!

Picture of it!
Attachments
rbb1.jpg
rbb1.jpg (54.3 KiB) Viewed 414 times
Last edited by rainbowbritehawkins on Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chibi Rachy

Re: Official Rainbow Brite Costume! Can someone help?

Post by Chibi Rachy »

You've linked us to your editor layout instead of the page...but a picture doesn't show up... try using a simple photo uploader?
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbow Brite UK

Re: Official Rainbow Brite Costume! Can someone help?

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Lucky find, I remember that costume on Ebay about 5 years ago! Sold for nearly $400 USD!

I would said it was around via 1985-86, and was a replica of the costume used in the live action movies.
https://www.rainbowbrite.co.uk/tvshow/s ... action.htm

There is also a member here who saw the costume and posted a picture of it.

Yes it was a promotional costume. And I am not sure how many there were, the credits says the videos costumes were created by: Shafton, Inc.
I don't know if they made the tour costumes, but it seems very likly that they did. The costumes look identical, but for the "head" which was "Animatronic" in the videos but not "Live"

Hope this helps!