What's the original condition of Moonglow's hair?

wonderland

Post by wonderland »

I know all the ads show her hair as half up, half down, but is it possible that it was originally in a full ponytail, similar to the Dress Up Rainbow Brite doll? It's really hard to tell from the few, low quality images of MIB Moonglow dolls how it came. I ask because I have a doll with really pristine hair that doesn't look like it was ever played with, that's in a full ponytail. It's got 2 strands from the middle that are wrapped around the back of the head and tied in the front. Is that how the other dolls with ponytails had their hair held up? I know the ribbon isn't original, but the rest of the hair is in such good condition (not dirty or faded) that it's got me wondering...

Also, the dress was taken from the other moonglow doll...the one with the good hair only came with a jump suit, but the doll looked so good I couldn't pass it up.

jazzycreations

Post by jazzycreations »

As far as I know all original vintage dolls hair was held up with what looks like a thread like elastic. Most have lost their elasticity. All with their original hairdo's that I've come across have had them.

As far as moonglo, the only ones I've come in contact with had their hair down, but I have to wonder if the originals had it in a pony too. Their hair doesn't seem to be rooted to go half up, you can see the scalp.

Hopefully someone with a MIB can tell us, but I know everyone does her hair half up

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Well, based on the Moonglow MIB pics I've seen floating around- and all of the dolls that I have seen-

the hair is in a half ponytail, with a minty green ribbon (not white). The hair of all of the RBB dolls were bound with white elastic (as far as I can tell).

I used to have a pic of MIB moonie- I will have to search it up...

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Oh yeah! Now that you mention it, my Moonglow has a mint green ribbon too.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Leonardo Mystic

Post by Leonardo Mystic »

So which is the correct ribbon color then, mint or white? All the Moonglows I've ever seen have only white ribbons in her hair, including mine.
Love is love no matter what the form
Trust takes years to build and seconds to shatter

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Mine all have mint ribbons.