Red Butler Costume Design Concept Sheet

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Hey Clinozoisite! I need your help :) I know you own a bunch of these costume design concept sheets:

http://stemcels.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... esID=36363

I just acquired one, but it's different from yours. It has one drawing on top and two below instead of the other way around. Red has freckles on his face, his mouth is slightly different and his face is drawn in on the side view. Do you think it's official? It's glued into a matte, so I can't tell if there is other writing on it or what kind of paper it's drawn on :(
Attachments
RedButlerDressUpModel5.jpg
RedButlerDressUpModel5.jpg (40.41 KiB) Viewed 917 times
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Yep, yours is the odd-man out. Here is a link for the original auction.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/3707115

You can see the sheet you just acquired in the bottom-left corner of the 1st image.

Was this from the She-Ra + Rainbow Brite auction on eBay?

Of the 12 original sheets, I've acquired 7. You've got the 8th sheet. I wonder where the rest ended up...? They were all resold on eBay about 3 years back, this much I know.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Thanks for the link!! Yes, it was from the She-Ra auction. I emailed the seller to see if they'd sell me just the RB piece, since I didn't need the She-Ra cel. I'll have to shoot 'em another message to see if they have any of the others. It's good to know that there are others out there, but now I'm really curious as to where they ended up! Also interesting that mine wasn't originally glued into a matte...wonder if the seller I got it from did that. Things that make you go hmmmm...
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Oh man, I missed you saying it was glued into a matte! OUCH. Hopefully, with some TLC, you can remove it. Check library websites for tips on how to remove adhesive; larger libraries usually have restoration tips. I've heard eucalyptus oil works well, but I've never tried it.

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

cute designs! I wonder if they made prototype outfits for all of them (I seem to have collected the gown one)

Would love to have seen Red's outfit (or that super cute sleeper outfit)

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Galacticatt wrote:cute designs! I wonder if they made prototype outfits for all of them (I seem to have collected the gown one)

Would love to have seen Red's outfit (or that super cute sleeper outfit)
It is an interesting supposition. I wonder if they were originally going to release a clothing line for the dolls, rather like how Barbie does? There are certainly some cute designs in the paper doll book! :)