what's a reasonable price when buying?

Coma_White

Post by Coma_White »

Thank you :)

Over the past couple of weeks I've seen Lala with her hand sprite sell for $70 and without the sprite for $35... but if she can sell MIB for $75, I'd hate to bid $70 for her loose. I guess it really just is that unpredictable.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Coma_White wrote:Thank you :)

Over the past couple of weeks I've seen Lala with her hand sprite sell for $70 and without the sprite for $35... but if she can sell MIB for $75, I'd hate to bid $70 for her loose. I guess it really just is that unpredictable.

You're right. What one sells for today has no bearing on what the next one will go for or what the previous one went for.. On the other hand, you can use the 'completed auctions' feature to get an average price over time.

Good Luck!
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

cherrymartini

Post by cherrymartini »

I think a big thing about it too is how bad someone wants it right at that moment. Even just having watched a lot of dolls the past week or two proves that they do show up, that the one you might be looking for *will* show up again eventually. And sometimes a lot sooner than you were expecting! I found a BIN Shy Violet out of box for $20, so yes it does happen!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Yes, patience is very important. So is looking at off-Evil Empire (ebay) sites. Amazon and Buy Now are good choices in the USA and there's one in Europe that I also use.

It's taken me nearly two years to find all 46 Regina Regenbogen (Rainbow Brite) comic books in Germany. I'm now waiting for the last two to arrive. I also am waiting for a full set of five loose 3D Erasers to come from France that are being mailed today. I was missing two of them loose and four of them new on card. Sooner or later they will show up and I'll get them. The same with the last poseable figurine. I have it loose but not carded like the other five in that series.

After several years of intense RB collecting, there are only five Gen 1 Mattel items that I do not have at least loose. I'll probabally be getting a loose example of one of them in the next few days. Sooner or later, everything shows up...

Just after the first of the year I'll be posting a new Want List. Several people on here have helped me to find things, one of which was quite rare.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!