Please tell me more about this doll?

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

mlp4me wrote:Something like this shows up in WI? At a thrift shop? I'm absolutely baffled! Beyond baffled if she is prototype! (I will wait for a full-on celebratory dance after the experts take a look at her.) If additional pics are needed LMK and I'll take some. Oh, yeah I bow to you guys and your expertise. :bg:
Sample or Proto, you have a very rare item.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

The hong kong doll is soooo cute! I wish I could get one without the fact that she'd be so rare and expensive :(
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:The Hong Kong version may have only been intended for the Hot Topic 25th Anniversary doll and not the entire Gen 3 line. Also, I've got that doll boxed and it doesn't have a barcode or manufacturer's name or catalog number printed on the box. It may not have been made by Toy Play.There was a small sticker with a bar code on it, but that's not the same as having it printed on at the factory. I'll look to see what's on the tag when I get home.

The China doll (I know, I know) looks a little different to the other Toy Play Gen 3 dolls, especially the red star in her hair. I don't remember seeing that before but my exposure to Gen 3 is limited.

The only thing on the tag of my 25th Anni doll was 'Made in China'. There was nothing to say who made it, unlike the Toy Play dolls that came out at the same time. Also, the only tag was the white one just mentioned. There was no orange tag as was normally found on the Toy Play dolls.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

mlp4me

Post by mlp4me »

I guess another question that I have would be how many 25th anniversary dolls are out there to compare tags to? It almost sounds like there weren't many produced.
I would love to get an idea of her value! ;)
Thanks everyone! :lol:
Don't be fooled by the giraffe...

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Wow how awesome! I don't think it is a prototype (there is a tag- prototypes dont have tags)
but she is still very special and cool, and clearly not a mass produced item. Maybe a limted give-away of some kind? I am very curious about her !!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

mlp4me wrote:I guess another question that I have would be how many 25th anniversary dolls are out there to compare tags to? It almost sounds like there weren't many produced.
I would love to get an idea of her value! ;)
Thanks everyone! :lol:

There are a fair number of the 25th Anni dolls out there. You don't see them on ebay US every day or even every week, but you'll normally find around two each month. Some sellers find these and they think they are very valuable so they ask high prices. Don't bid on/buy them. These dolls are very cheaply made and if you ever held one in your hands you would be disappointed. Remember that Hot Topic was heavily involved with Gen 3 (they're still selling RB t-shirts today) and they may have contracted out for those dolls themselves to whoever was willing to make them