Physically possible?

Clinozoisite

Physically possible?

Post by Clinozoisite »

Is it even remotely possible to collect ALL vintage Rainbow Brite items? Did Hallmark even have a list of what was produced? I see seriously random products show up all the time on eBay and have often wondered how large of a warehouse you would need if your goal was to collect one of everything...

Example of weirdness: http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-RAINBOW-BRI ... 25592c97ad

Aquarius

Re: Physically possible?

Post by Aquarius »

Good question! I thought of the same thing. I don't think there is an official list of RB stuff, never seen one. Would Hallmark have a list of everything? Because other "brands" made RB stuff too such as thermos, deka, all sorts of stuff. I could be wrong though on this statement, if I am, please clarify it :)

I've been collecting for years and years, and still see new things pop up every so often. It would be possible if your filthy rich and your on Ebay 24/7 I suppose?

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Aquarius wrote:Would Hallmark have a list of everything? Because other "brands" made RB stuff too such as thermos, deka, all sorts of stuff.
I would hope that someone at Hallmark would have kept track of who they sold licensing agreements to and either that company (or possibly Hallmark) would then have a list of individual products produced with that copyrighted image. How else would they be able to keep track of copyright infringement allegations?

Of course, it doesn't help that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of illegally produced items bearing Rainbow's likeness.

:rb:
Last edited by Clinozoisite on Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

I think Katy from this site has a pretty good list going-

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Interesting find though on ebay! I likes the inner tube.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

That inner-tube looks like something I would have had when I was a kid. Did I...?

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:I think Katy from this site has a pretty good list going-
Thanks Galacticatt :) I've been trying to stay on top of it and add new items to my site as soon as I see them show up on Ebay. But even after all these years, I still get surprised by new items on a regular basis. It would be monumentally difficult to collect everything RB ever produced. I gave up on that task long ago :lol: I just try my best to document them so we can know as much as possible about what was produced and then I concentrate on a few specific categories for my own collection...such as dolls, figures, books, and puzzles.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Is it possible?

Probabaly not.

There was too much of it made during the lifetime of the Gen 1 dolls.

Some of those things were made in very small quantities and no more of them still exist today.

Some were made for overseas markets and are more-or-less unobtainable wherever you happen to live. I have three different Gen 1 RB dolls that were made in France for the French market. Try finding one in the USA. Or try finding all of the German RB comic books in Canada Or try finding...well, you get the idea.

And then again, if you actually did have all of this stuff, where would you put it?
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:Is it possible?

Probabaly not.

There was too much of it made during the lifetime of the Gen 1 dolls.

Some of those things were made in very small quantities and no more of them still exist today.

Some were made for overseas markets and are more-or-less unobtainable wherever you happen to live. I have three different Gen 1 RB dolls that were made in France for the French market. Try finding one in the USA. Or try finding all of the German RB comic books in Canada Or try finding...well, you get the idea.

And then again, if you actually did have all of this stuff, where would you put it?
Could be like that person who owns a house where the entire upper floor (or is it attic?) is decorated in Simpsons merch. From ceiling to floor, it's covered. It was amazing. I've never seen such a large collection of anything television related like it.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

I just try my best to document them so we can know as much as possible about what was produced and then I concentrate on a few specific categories for my own collection...such as dolls, figures, books, and puzzles
I appreciate your documentation just because it's interesting :D But I too have not even tried to collect everything- I have concentrated on every doll/plush/pet/figure and playset... (prototypes and concept work I collect as a seperate interest not limited to RBB)

I am sure Hallmark does not have a list of what all is out there- it would be a major research project for them to track it all down...