A Rainy Day in Rainbowland

PrincessLadyRaine

A Rainy Day in Rainbowland

Post by PrincessLadyRaine »

Casting
Just so you we don't end up with two Rainbows or what have you. Here's a list of current characters...

Rainbow Brite-
Chibi Rachy
Princess Lady Raine Stormy
- Princess Lady Raine
Stormy-
Princess Lady Raine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once upon a time, there was a wondrous place where every Rainbow starts & all color's are born. That place is called: "Rainbowland". Rainbow Brite is the ruler of this wondrous place. Her, along with the sprites & Color Kids. Make sure the world is full of beautiful colors. Day & night, rain or shine, Rainbowland is always the most beautiful place ever...

There are many places in Rainbowland including the Castle, the Color Caves, but there is one place few of the residents of Rainbowland know about. Right on the outskirts of Rainbowland, before you reach "The Pitts" there is a talle blue mountain covered in clouds that rumble with thunder and lighting almost all the time. Constantly it seems to rain, making it impossible to see what might be hiding behind those clouds. Though many have wondered. None have ever tried to venture into the Raine Mountains, named for their rainy weather, to find out what is there.

Little did Rainbow or anyone else know, but behind those clouds there is a castle filled with gardens of ponds, waterfalls and all sorts of water based wonders. Living in this castle is a girl named Princess Lady Raine Stormy, a lovely girl with dark blue eyes, dark brown hair and a very special power. Like Rainbow controls all the colors and Murky all the gloom. Raine controls the rain, and serves as a helper with her cousin Stormy. Whenever it's raining in Rainbowland, on earth or anywhere else it's her will that makes it so.

However being up in the mountains alone, Raine sometimes feels very lonely and when she feels lonely her powers can cause it to rain in unexpected places. This is what happened one day when thick dark rain clouds came over Rainbowland only to open up and pour rain for several days. Rainbow notices this unusal rain, but senses it is not the work of Murky. Something about the cloud makes her wonder if it's someone trying to reach out to her. Little does Rainbow know how right she is...

*Raine Castle, Raine Mountains*

Raine sat looking out one of the tower windows of the Raine Palace, her long dark brown hair hair was swayed gently in the damp winds. Her long sleeved blue dress clung to her arms as the falling rain drenched her sleeves. As the young princess looked up into the blue grey clouds that always srrounded her castle she wondered if she would ever feel happy again and the rain, for once in her life didn't seem to soothe her lonliness.
If only... If only she could find the courage to leave the mountains and venture into the distant colorful land beyond them. Raine knew that if she could find the courage, she would meet the friends she always had longed for.

However today was not that day, for as Raine pulled back her wet sleeves to expose her wet arms a large silver horse with a sky blue mane trotted over to her. It nuzzled her cheek as it stopped at her side, sad to see it's friend so blue. Starchaser let out a loud and echoing whinny that seemed to be amplified within the clouds anc carry over into the rainy plains of Rainbowland...
Last edited by PrincessLadyRaine on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Chibi Rachy

Re: A Rainy Day in Rainbowland

Post by Chibi Rachy »

[I'ma give this a crack...It's been a few years since I've tried something like this. Feel free to crit or shoot me an IM scolding me! XD]

~ Color Castle ~

Rainbow stared out the window from her room. It had been pouring rain for days. Very little work had been done as a result, and the supplies of star sprinkles used to power the Color Console were running low. They'd need to began the mining process again soon. It wasn't as though they couldn't work in the rain. Rather, the rain weighted down the mine carts and loads had to be lighter. Creating star sprinkles took longer, as the color crystal didn't shape very well when it was sent through the processing factory wet. Dreary weather also made for dreary workers and not even the sprites could stay in a carefree mood for very long. There was something about rain that just made it depressing weather for anyone involved. Anyone, that is, except Stormy, who relished the wet and wind and flair that came with any storm.

The cause of the storm was yet unknown and Rainbow wanted to blame Murky and Lurky for this dismal weather, as it so suited their namesakes. Rain wasn't part of their agenda, though. Their specialty was gloom and gloom variants. This rain would only be theirs if it were raining gloom clouds, but it wasn't. There was something more to it and Rainbow tapped her chin, trying to figure it out. I need to figure out why it's raining so much... Rainbow Land can always use the rains, but never this much. If I don't do something, there'll be too much water to do anything!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

PrincessLadyRaine

Chibi Rachy wrote:[I'ma give this a crack...It's been a few years since I've tried something like this. Feel free to crit or shoot me an IM scolding me! XD]

~ Color Castle ~

Rainbow stared out the window from her room. It had been pouring rain for days. Very little work had been done as a result, and the supplies of star sprinkles used to power the Color Console were running low. They'd need to began the mining process again soon. It wasn't as though they couldn't work in the rain. Rather, the rain weighted down the mine carts and loads had to be lighter. Creating star sprinkles took longer, as the color crystal didn't shape very well when it was sent through the processing factory wet. Dreary weather also made for dreary workers and not even the sprites could stay in a carefree mood for very long. There was something about rain that just made it depressing weather for anyone involved. Anyone, that is, except Stormy, who relished the wet and wind and flair that came with any storm.

The cause of the storm was yet unknown and Rainbow wanted to blame Murky and Lurky for this dismal weather, as it so suited their namesakes. Rain wasn't part of their agenda, though. Their specialty was gloom and gloom variants. This rain would only be theirs if it were raining gloom clouds, but it wasn't. There was something more to it and Rainbow tapped her chin, trying to figure it out. I need to figure out why it's raining so much... Rainbow Land can always use the rains, but never this much. If I don't do something, there'll be too much water to do anything!
In the rainy skies above Rainbowland, Stormy and her horse Skydancer were having a blast up in the clouds. They jumped from cloud to cloud, throwing in some thunder and lighting sending frightened sprites running away from the windows as they had gazed out the windows. Stormy giggled as she urged Skydancer downwards, through the clouds and onto the muddy streets. They then slowly trotted towards the Color Castle where she was let inside by a random Sprite. Standing with her muddy boots on the clean white floor of the castle Stormy placed her hands on her hips and announced,"Okay! I'm here what does Rainbow want?"

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

PrincessLadyRaine wrote:In the rainy skies above Rainbowland, Stormy and her horse Skydancer were having a blast up in the clouds. They jumped from cloud to cloud, throwing in some thunder and lighting sending frightened sprites running away from the windows as they had gazed out the windows. Stormy giggled as she urged Skydancer downwards, through the clouds and onto the muddy streets. They then slowly trotted towards the Color Castle where she was let inside by a random Sprite. Standing with her muddy boots on the clean white floor of the castle Stormy placed her hands on her hips and announced,"Okay! I'm here what does Rainbow want?"
~ Rainbow, Color Castle ~

Rainbow was shaken from her daytime reverie as she heard Stormy calling for her. She rose from her spot at the window and made her way downstairs to the main hall. She easily spotted Stormy, standing there soaking wet and with muddy boots. She noted that the floor had just been cleaned. She recalled a few sprites having taken care of that particular duty. The floor could never stay clean very long with this downpour. She decided not to bring up the muddy floor bit, choosing her battles wisely.

"I need you to help me figure out who's causing this rain," she began. "It needs to be stopped soon or Rainbow Land will be covered in water. Not to mention, we still need to be able to mine color crystals and monitor the Earth."
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

PrincessLadyRaine

Chibi Rachy wrote:~ Rainbow, Color Castle ~

Rainbow was shaken from her daytime reverie as she heard Stormy calling for her. She rose from her spot at the window and made her way downstairs to the main hall. She easily spotted Stormy, standing there soaking wet and with muddy boots. She noted that the floor had just been cleaned. She recalled a few sprites having taken care of that particular duty. The floor could never stay clean very long with this downpour. She decided not to bring up the muddy floor bit, choosing her battles wisely.

"I need you to help me figure out who's causing this rain," she began. "It needs to be stopped soon or Rainbow Land will be covered in water. Not to mention, we still need to be able to mine color crystals and monitor the Earth."
Stormy squinted a bit, but then straightened things out before she spoke again. "I'm not exactly sure what you would need my help for. Did you think to check on Murky & Lurky in the pits? This sort of seems they're style doesn't it?" She then shook back her long ponytail, producing more water and making it splatter on the door behind her and a bit on Skydancer, though he didn't seem to mind as his long mane dripped onto the floor making it a further muddy and soupy mess. He whinnied lightly, shivering a bit as the air now began to cause him to feel cold.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

PrincessLadyRaine wrote:Stormy squinted a bit, but then straightened things out before she spoke again. "I'm not exactly sure what you would need my help for. Did you think to check on Murky & Lurky in the pits? This sort of seems they're style doesn't it?" She then shook back her long ponytail, producing more water and making it splatter on the door behind her and a bit on Skydancer, though he didn't seem to mind as his long mane dripped onto the floor making it a further muddy and soupy mess. He whinnied lightly, shivering a bit as the air now began to cause him to feel cold.
Rainbow smiled softly. "I wanted your help because you're an expert when it comes to storms. I thought you might be able to help me. I'm not sure how." She paused, letting it sink in. "I did think of Murky and Lurky, but storms aren't their specialty. They prefer gloom and gloom variants. The only way this could be their fault is if they meant to ruin moods by this storm. I don't think that would be their entire goal though."

Rainbow moved closer to the door. "Why don't you get Skydancer settled in the stables and then change into some dry clothing. We can figure out something with the other Color Kids. All I know is that this rain is going to cause a lot of trouble if we don't figure out how to stop it."

PrincessLadyRaine

Chibi Rachy wrote: Rainbow smiled softly. "I wanted your help because you're an expert when it comes to storms. I thought you might be able to help me. I'm not sure how." She paused, letting it sink in. "I did think of Murky and Lurky, but storms aren't their specialty. They prefer gloom and gloom variants. The only way this could be their fault is if they meant to ruin moods by this storm. I don't think that would be their entire goal though."

Rainbow moved closer to the door. "Why don't you get Skydancer settled in the stables and then change into some dry clothing. We can figure out something with the other Color Kids. All I know is that this rain is going to cause a lot of trouble if we don't figure out how to stop it."
Stormy then looked down, not having realized the puddle at her feet just yet,"Oh right.. Sorry about that Rainbow. I'll go and do that." She then turned and as she walked with Skydancer towards the door she said something,"Yoyu might want to try over in those bluish mountains, I ride over them sometimes and that's where the eye of the storms seem to be. So you might want to check there, though I have no idea what's there." She then shrugged before opening the door and riding Skydancer out and around the castle to where the stables

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

PrincessLadyRaine wrote:Stormy then looked down, not having realized the puddle at her feet just yet,"Oh right.. Sorry about that Rainbow. I'll go and do that." She then turned and as she walked with Skydancer towards the door she said something,"Yoyu might want to try over in those bluish mountains, I ride over them sometimes and that's where the eye of the storms seem to be. So you might want to check there, though I have no idea what's there." She then shrugged before opening the door and riding Skydancer out and around the castle to where the stables
[Rainbow, Color Castle - Main Hall]

Rainbow watched as Stormy left the Color Castle and then looked at the muddy, wet mess on the once clean floor. It was pointless to keep cleaning it, but she hated the look of the mess. Plus, she realized that someone could slip and fall in it. It was this latter realization that urged her to fetch the bucket near the door and begin mopping.

[I'ma take on Moonglo for now]

[Moonglo, Color Castle]

Moonglo climbed the steps, covering her mouth to hide another yawn. Her body seemed to always wake in the afternoon, and she had a few hours before it was time to decorate the skies. She came upon the main hall and saw Rainbow mopping up mud and water near the front door. "Another mess?" she asked, rubbing the last bits of sleep from her eyes.

[Rainbow, Color Castle]

Rainbow jumped when she heard Moonglo's question. She hadn't expected anyone else to enter the main hall. She mopped up the last of the mud and replaced the mop in the bucket before turning to face Moonglo. "Stormy, actually. It's so hard not to make a mess these days. I'm glad you're up; you can join the rest of the Color Kids if you want. We're going to discuss this rain. I really don't think it's normal and it needs to be stopped."

PrincessLadyRaine

Stormy came back inside after a while, a quick change of clothes and soon all of the color kids and assorted friends were gathered around the large circular room that contained the color control panels. With the kids sitting at their respective terminals, Stormy waited in the back standing next to Krys. Kyrs was a tall young boy with a helmet covering his hair and he wore his spacesuit almost all the time. Around his waist was the prism, a powerful crystal that he wore much in the way Rainbow wore her belt. Normally he wouldn't be at these sorts of meetings, however Rainbow had sent him a message asking for his help to solve the mystery of the unending rain.

Thus he stood, arms crossed and leaning comfortably against the wall, listening to the idle chatter of the Color Kids and waiting for the meeting to start. He had removed his goggles, but kept his helmet which was still wet with the rain from outside. He had been nearly drenched when he and Ony-x had flown in earlier that morning. He gave a friendly nod to Stormy as she entered, though right afterwards his attentions were drawn to Rainbow's seat where Twink the White Sprite was calling the Kids to order. "Quiet, quiet everyone! it's time for the meeting to start. We have to find a way to start this rain. *squeaks*" Twink exclaimed as he jumped up in down in order to draw everyone's attention since he was rather short.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rainbow walked up behind Twink. "Thank you, Twink. I'll take it from here." Rainbow turned to the gathered group, who had been chattering amongst themselves. She waited until the noise died down, which happened quickly, thanks to Twink's shouting. She chuckled at the thought. Her sprite always did like to be loud when he needed to get everyone's attention. A more serious look crossed her face. "We've all noticed how long this rain has gone on. It's time we figured out what we can do to put an end to it."