Fowl Play

Major Ursa

Fowl Play

Post by Major Ursa »

This fan-fic was inspired by the current prescribtion sleep aid "Silence your rooster" ad campain as well as a Tex Avery cartoon. Once again, it's one of my imfamous Murky Dismal slapstick stories. :evilgrin:

As the sun rises over Rainbowland, everyone arises to yet another wonderful day. But in The Pits, Murky Dismal and Lurky awake to another day of plotting evil deeds. But once again, disaster will rule the day. For it all began with one pesky rooster. It all began when a rooster went inside Murky's house. Murky was fast asleep as well as Lurky. The rooster went up to Murky's room and perched himself on the footboard. Then he did his morning crow that rattled Murky. He would see the rooster and got very angry. "LURKY!" he yelled as the rooster began to crow again. Then Murky stared at the rooster. The rooster saw the anger in his eyes. "One more peep and you'll become dinner!" he demanded. But the rooster crowed again. "OK! You asked for it!" said Murky in an angry tone.

Then he trew a pillow at the rooster as it crowed again for a fourth time. The pillow hit the the rooster mid crow. Murky felt a sence of relief. But soon the pillow came back at him and made a direct hit. "OH A WISE GUY!" he yelled as the rooster crowed again for a fifth time. "WHERE ARE YOU YOU NINCOMPOOP!" yelled Murky wondering why Lurky was not here. "I'm here boss!" said Lurky as he barged in the room. "GET RID OF THIS ROOSTER!" yelled Murky. "OK BOSS!" Lurky yelled back in a happy tone. So Lurky went to get the rooster but the rooster managed to escape from the window. Lurky looed down and said "Uh boss, he escaped." "Well at least he won't be bothering us!" griped Murky.

But soon the rooster came back ans crowed again. "I GOT IT BOSS!" yelled Lurky before Murky can yell a command to him. But the attempt to capture the noisy bird would end in disaster when Lurky triped and landed on Murky while he was in bed. The bed made a noisy crash sound as the rooster looked back for a few seconds. Then Lurky got up to see a flattened Murky. Looking ashamed, he said "I made a boo-boo." "You got that right peanut brain!" moaned Murky. This would only be the beginning of a new battle between Murky and the smarter than he is rooster.

To be continued.
Last edited by Major Ursa on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Major Ursa

Re: Fowl Play

Post by Major Ursa »

Part 2

Once Murky recovered from the bedroom disaster, he got down to business by going to his lab. There he went to work making another gloom cloud to get Rainbow Brite and Rainbowland. But the rooster made sure that he would not get any peace while working. Murky looked up in is notebook of working gloom clouds. Lurky tried to gather the ingredients for the latest batch. But soon Lurky would do a clumsy act that was not of his own doing. Once again, the rooster made a loud crow that caused Lurky to drop all the bottles and cans of items for the cloud. It left a big mess. "LURKY! THIS PLACE IS A MESS!" yelled an angry Murky. "but boss, that rooster startled me!" said an upset Lurky. "I KNOW! I KNOW! THAT BIRD IS THE BAIN OF OUR EXISTANCE!" yelled Murky.

The in anger, Murky took another notebook and threw it at the rooster. The book did hit the rooster off the atea where it was perched. Soon Murky's anger turned into a smile. But as he turend to help Lurky clean up the mess, the book came back and hit him. The force of the hit knocked him down. Now Murky went back to anger as he got up. When he did get up all he saw was that rooster. Then he tried to figure out how a roosterwould trow a book back at him. But all he could figure out is that that bird was up to no good. Once the mess was cleaned up, he went back to work making the gloom cloud. Meanwhile, the rooster stayed silent as he ploted his next strategic crow.

Lurky came back with more of the items needed for the cloud. But this time, not a single item was dropped. But when Murky picked up a flask to put in the first ingredient, the rooster made another loud crow. That crow caused Murky to drop the flask. The flask fell to the ground and broke. Murky began to show a steamed look at the rooster. "I GOT IT!" yelled Lukry as he went to pursue the pesky noisemaker. Murky sudenly smiled knowing that Lurky got on the pursuit without having to ask. But in a crafty move, the rooster got Lurky to head on over to a wall. Then Lurky would crash into the wall. The thud would rattle Murky. "That bird is making him look stupider that he is now." he thought.

But Lurky would shake off the head on slam. he soon found out that the rooster was nowhere in site. "I'm sure that birdie'e here somewhere." he said. "Well don't just stand there. FIND HIM!" belloed Murky. And Lurky continued the hunt for the rooster. Once Murky went back to work, the rooster came out of hiding and reperched himself on the window. Then as Murky tired to carefully put a drop of one chemical into another, the rooster crowed again to cause Murky to put in too much of the one chemical. The rooster jumped off the window sill when the reaction caused an explosion. Onece he reperched again, he saw a chared Murky and a wrecked lab. The rooster would soon crow again.

Now Murky became furrious after that last crow. "Ok then, if you want to play dirty." he said in anger to the rooster. Then he grabed a gloom gun and angerly said "Then crow this!" Murky pointed the gun at the annoying rooster. The rooster just stood there as if nothing happened. Then Murky fired the gun to produce a gloom cloud. He had an evil laugh as the cloud headed over to the rooster. Once the cloud disbursted, Murky was in for the shock of his life. Somehow, the rooster had a gas mask on. There was no gloomed feeling at all. Just a muffled crow. Murky dropped the gun and his lips began to tremble. The he gave a very loud yell that could be heard in Rainbowland.

In Rainbowland, Head Ranger Major Ursa was coming to the Color Castle to do some work with Rainbow. He saw Twink coming from the Color Cave. "How do you do Major?" he asked. "Just doing fine." replied Major. "The Sprites are working hard so you can have some Star Sprinkles for the forset run you, Rainbow, and Stormy have planed." said Twink. But before Major could answer, there was that loud yell coming from The Pits. "What was that?" asked a puzzled Twink. "Sounds like Murky is having a very hard time making another attempt at Rainbowland." said Major.

Little did Major realize that soon the chaos caused by the rooster in The Pits would soon come to Rainbowland.

To be continued.
Last edited by Major Ursa on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Radiant Bridge

Post by Radiant Bridge »

This has an amusing beginning. I'm eager to see what else the rooster has in store for Murky. Congratulations on writing the board's first story!

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

Part 3

Once Murky recovered from his brief nervous breakdown, he would go find some more items to make up another gloom cloud. hew also used the same gun he tried to get the rooster with. Then he would yell for Lurky. Lurky came up and said "You rang Lurky?" "I did Lurky." replied Murky. "What are we going to do?" asked Lurky. "We're going to Rainbowland so we canget away from that rooster." said an agrivated Murky. But unknowing to both of them, the rooster heard thier plan. "Oh I get to ride the horsey!' said an excited Lurky. "And get Rainbow Brite." said a now happy Murky. But soon Lurky asked "And what about that bear of hers?" Murky thought it over and said "Hopefully, we'll get him before he Karate chops me."

So they got the gun loaded with the substance and got into the Grudge Buggy. Before they took off, the rooster got in and played stowaway. The rooster found a nice area where it he can hide. But this time, he stayed silent so he won't give himself away. As the bugg belched and hic-cuped its way into Rainbowland, the two would find waht they thought was the perfect area to hide. And not a moment too soon, Murky would find his prey. For at the moment, Rainbow, Stormy and Major were outside the castle taking a nice walk. They were also discussing the plans for the forest run.

But soon, a visitor form Spectra would come by. It was Krys and Orin on the robo-steed On-X. Back at the hiding place of Murky and Lurky. Murky looked up and saw the flying horse. "We better stay low." he said. "Why boss?" asked Lurky. "It's that boy and that nosey robot of his." said Murky. "I hope that ride that horsey too." said Lurky. But it would not be On-X that would rat out the two. The rooster found the right time to come out of his hiding place in the buggy and find a place to perch. Meanwhile, the three looked up to see On-X come in. "Rainbow, I belive your boyfried is here." said Major. "Oh Major!" giggle Rainbow. The she said "I think your a good friend too." The she gave him a kiss that got him into his cute shy blush. All Stormy could do was giggle.

Krys came over after they landed and said "Hi there. What's up?" "oh nothing much. Just Major, Stormy and I discussing forest plans." said a smitten Rainbow. Krys would feel like that Rainbow was up to something. "Uh Rainbow, I think Krys is getting his uneasy look again." said Stormy. "Oh sorry Krys. I just had that look." said Rainbow. Krys beagn to relax a little. Back at the hiding place, Murky would see what was going on. "Perfect! Those brats, that old guy, and that slap happy bear are right where I want them. Rainbowland will be mine!" said a happy Murky. "Lets not forget the horsey." said Lurky. "You have to have horses on your mind." said Murky.

But soon chaos would soon erupt. The rooster would come over to where thw two were hiding. Then once again, he made a loud crow. Major would look away to see where the crowing was coming from. Murky came out from hidding to see that the rooster was here tormenting him some more. But soon he would get a torment of a different kind as well.

To be continued.

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

Part 4

Back at where the rooster was, Murky was felling anger again. "That bird is going to ruin our plans." he griped. But he would see Major coming over. "I bet you that bird is on the bear's side.'" he mumbled. But soon he saw Major looking at the rooster. "I never saw this bird before." thought Major. Back in the hiding area, Murky would sight relief. The Major would go back to where Rainbow and her friends were. But soon, the rooster crowed again. This time Murky made a strategic mistake by coming out of his hiding place. By then Major turned around and saw Murky next to the rooster. Major saw his oh-to-familar look of displeasure to Murky.

Murky looked at the rooster and said "Stool pigeon!" Major loked at Murky and said to him in a displeased tone "It's a rooster, not a pigeon." Murky looked at Major and moaned "Why must you come over and ruin my plans?" "What are you doing here any way besides chasing roosters?" replied Major. Rainbow, Stormy, Krys, and Stormy ran over. "Murky! I knew you would be here." Rainbow said in accusing tone. "What are you doing here anyway?' asked a displeased Stormy. Murky was getting nervious. Lurky came out of the hiding place yelling "HEY BOSS! RAINBOW'S HERE!". "I KNOW PEAHEAD! I KNOW! AS WELL AS THAT BEAR AND ROOSTER!" Murky yelled back. "You still need to explian why your here." said an angry Krys. Murky then went silent. "Well?" asked Major as he stared at Murky. Murky would then cook up a lie. He said "Oh the colors need fixing. I thought I give them a primer gray coat before Rainbow spreads the colors around." Rainbow turned her head keeping one eye on Murky saying in a mad tone "A likely story!"

Bur soo the rooster came out with a tape recorder. "I wonder how a rooster can come out with a tape recorder?" thought Major as he looke puzzled. Then the rooster turned on the recorder and played back the whole conversation of Murky's real plans." SOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" said Major loudly like a lawyer about to point to the accused. Murky began to speak jiberish. "At a loss for word Murkwell?" said Stormy with a sarcastic smile. But Murky would soon give up and walk over to an area and tied a blindfold around his eyes. "You may fire when ready bear!" he moaned. "I must be dreaming. I never thought he be ready to take his lumps." said Stormy. Major just shrugged at his friends and took his pre matial arts stance. "We better stand back while Major dose his thing." said Krys. "Starlite and Skydancer came over to see what the comotion was.

Whenn they got there, they saw Major ready to commit his attack. Starlite looked to Skydancer and said "I think we better man our battle stations. Looks like Major is about to pounce on Murky again." Skydancer agreed with what Starlite said. The would then take thier positions to be ready to give Murky a good kick if needed. They would also alert Sunriser as well. Then with a hardy "AAAAIAIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!", Major would commence his form of Crouching Tiger, hidden dragon on Murky. With every punch, chop, kick, and throw he could muster, Major gave Murky one serious pounding. And just like alot of the other times, Major threw Murky towards the horses. Then all three would give Murky one painful series of kicks taht would hurl him back to the buggy. Once there, Murky landed in the sidecar head first. All that was left was for Lurky to run to the buggy and retreat back to the pits.

But the rooster still had a few more crowing tricks up his wing.

to be continued.
Last edited by Major Ursa on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

Part 5

Once the comotion was over, Canary Yellow and Tickled Pink ran over. "What's going on here?' asked Tickled. "Is everyone OK?" asked Canary. Major looked at them with a smile and said "just another run of the mill Murky plan ending in disaster." Then the rooster came up and crowed. "This rooster here was the hero this time. He was able to anoy those two pest." said Major. "Lets not forget that you gave Murky his just deserts Major." said Stormy. Major thought it over and said "Well it was a team effort." "You can say that again." said Rainbow.

The next day in the Pits, Murky was in bed wraped up with bandaged and casts. He was still in pain from the Kung Fu fight Major gave him. Oh why did I let that bear beat me up again?" he moaned. Then Lurky came in with some food."Here you go boss. Some nice fodd to make you feel better." he said in a happy tone. Murky, on the other hand, felt as if he was about to take a turn for the worst. "Now lets get you all nice an comfy!" said Lurky as he got Murky to sit up. "WATCH IT LISTERENEBREATH!" yelled Murky as Lurky rough him up. Lurky said "Sorry boss." in an ashamed tone. "You'er almost as bad as Rainbow's bear!" exclaimed Murky. "Teddy Bear did beat you up." said Lurky. "No kidding puddingbrain." moaned Murky.

But soon the rooster would come to do the final skirmish on Murky. He would switch Murky's favorite CD with another CD. "Now can you go over and get my favoite CD and put it in the player?' asked Murky. "Oh sure boss!" said a delightful Lurky. "AND DON'T MESS IT UP!" yelled Murky angerly. Lurky went over and picke up the switched CD and put it into the player. "OK boss! Gloomy music coming up!' said Lurky. Murky got into a relaxed state by saying "Ah yes! Gloom music. Music to my ears!" But it would not last long. The player began to play "Willing to take a chance again" by Barry Manalow.

"WHAT IS THAT INFERNAL RACKET!" yelled Murky. "Uh Barry Manalow." replied Lurky. "BARRY MANALOW?!" yelled Murky again. Then at the window sill, the rooster did another crow. "I"M GOING TO KILL THAT ROOSTER!" yelled Murky. And as if a miricle happened, MUrky got out of bed despite having a cast on his foot. and went over to get the rooster. "You've crowed your last crow rooster!' said a detremined Murky. Then he made a running leap towared the window. But the rooster jumped down off the window. Now Murky was flying towareds the window. With a look of panic, Murky flew through the window and into the pit that surounded the house. There was a loud crashing sound as Murky hit the ground. But Lurky would add more injury to insult by doing the same thing.

"I'M COMING BOSS!" he yelled as he jumped trough the window. He would land on Murky rear first. But before Lurky landed, Murky panicked even more knowing that there was no escape. The rooster got back up on the window ans crowed once more. It pretty much ended this misadventure of fowl play.

The end.