Mess Destruction

Major Ursa

Mess Destruction

Post by Major Ursa »

For some of our newer fan-fic writers here, I now present to you my specialty fan-fic. A slapstick story of disaster involving Murky Dismal.

It was another wonderful morning in Rainbowland as the sun began to rise. Already a new day was begnning to take place as all did various activities. In Rainbowland Forest, the ever loyal Ranger Sprites stood in attention as thier boss Head Ranger Major Ursa arrived. And with the proper fanfare, Pondarosa and Yellowstone would put a flag on the flagpole. Glacier would to revele on the bugle as Major and Shenedoaha saluted the flag. Yellowstone would raise the flag as Pondarosa jioned in the salute. Once the flag that had a tree with star and rainbow (just like Rainbow Brite's Color Belt) was raised, Major began to speak. "Well troops, looks like we have another wonderful day ahead of us." he said with a smile. But after a brief pause, he said witha giggle "I hope." "Well as long as Murky Dismal dose not plan anything." said Glacier. "And if he dose, I'll make sure it fails." said Major.

In Rainbowland, Buddy Blue was already out for his morning jog. He got back to the Color Castle where the other Color Kids and Rainbow were waking up. Once inside, he saw Canary Yellow doing some warm-up exercises in the console room. "Uh Canary, should you wait till you get to the studio to do those?" asked Buddy. "I'm just doing some short streches' I'll be going there later." replied Canary. But soon Stormy came out of her room. She had on a different outfit on than her usuall dress and boots. She had on a leotard that looked like Canary's leotard but was done up more like Stormy's dress. But she did had boots on. "Do I look like I can do some skydancing today?" she asked. Tickled Pink, who was already in the room replied "I thought your horse was Skydancer." Then she finished with a giggle. Stormy just smiled and said "I'm the one who will be dancing." "I thought you hated dancing Stormy." said Buddy. "Well I'm alot braver that some people here." replied Stromy. Then Buddy relized that she refered to him. "And you do have Major as a partner." said Canary. "Well he's dose enjoy it." said Stormy.

Then Red Butler came into the room only to run out. "I wonder what his problem?" asked Stromy. But he came back with one of his capes. "What are you going to do with that?" asked Stormy. "Well since you have on the leotard and boots, I thought you can use one of my capes to look like a super hero." Stormy thought over what Red said. Then she said "I can call myself Thunder Girl." as she put on the cape. Then Rainbow Brite herself came down. "What are you all doing?" she asked when she saw Stormy. "Oh just pretending to be a super hereo." said Stormy. "What super hero are you?" asked Rainbow. "Thunder Girl!" Stromy said with glee. "I wonder if Major can be your sidekick?" asked Tickled. "I'll have to ask him." said Stormy.

OK folks. Enough with the cute stuff. It's on to the Pits.

Morning was breaking in the Pits as well. But it was cloudy instead of sunny like in Rainbowland. Murky (some times called Murkwell) was waking up from another restless night. he looked around and moaned "Looks like it's going to be one of those days." Then he fell out of bed and landed face down on the floor witha loud thud. "It's one of those days." he mumbled. The he heard gargling from downstairs. It was Lurky gargling with some mint flavored mouthwash. Once Murky lifted his head, he yelled "WILL YOU STOP THAT INFERNAL GARGLING?!". Lurky went to a megaphone like system and yelled "OK BOSS!" That bellow trew Murky clear across the room and had him slam the wall. "Why me?" he groaned as he laid there flat on the wall.

Once he got himself off the wall, he got dressed and went downstairs. But when he got to tha first step, it would be a lulu. He began to fall down the stairs banging against the walls and tumbling down to the bottom with a big thud. Lurky stood there and said "Good Morning boss." Murky quickly recoverd and yelld with a mad rage "WE HATE GOOD MORNINGS BANANA BRAIN!" Lurky began to look scared when Murky yelled at him. Then he demaneded "And why is your breath minty fresh?" "Well you did call me Pastrami breath yesterday" replied Lurky. Murky clamed down and said "Oh yeah. I should do the same too." But for now, it was off th the lab where he began to work on what he hopes would be the ultimate gloom cloud. He took some chemicals and mixed them together. Then he put the mixture in a caldron to boil it. Once he saw the mixture boil he took some in a flask and held it up. "SUCESSS!" he shouted with glee. But then came a loud explosion. Once the smoke cleared, Murky was a chated silloette of himself. The smile became a look of shock.

And this is just only the beginning.

To be continued.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Major Ursa

Re: Mess Destruction

Post by Major Ursa »

Part 2

Even as the first chain of disasterous events began, Major was in his truck on his way to the Color Castle to meet up with Rainbow. As he stopped infront of the castle, he grabed his binoculars and took a quick look at the Pits. "I wonder what Murkwell is up to?" he thought aloud. But when he saw the flames and smoke of the explosion come out, he thought aloud again "I had to ask." Once he was done with his observations, he went to the door and knocked. Twink answer the door. "Hi Major." he answered. "HI Twink, may I come in?" said Major. Twink let major in and gave a report from the Color Cave. "We should have a plentiful supply of Color Crystals for the forests Major. He said. "That's great Twink." said Major. Then Major saw a surprise when eh entered the console room.

When he saw Stormy in her super hero outfit, he said "Looks like we have Super Stormy here." Stormy just giggled at what he said. "No Major, Stormy is Thunder Girl." said Canary. "Yeah, Super Stormy would be too much of a dead giveaway in the identification department." Then Stormy came over and said "Would you like to be my sidekick?" Major then thought it over. "Sidekick. Now what would be a good name?" he thought aloud for a third time. "How about Karate Bear." said Stormy. "That dose sound good. I'll have to remember my robe top and slippers." said Major. "We thought you just need your belt and slippers." said Canary. Major liked the ideal of a cute Teddy Bear in only his own furry skin with his belt and slippers that can foll enemies.

And speaking of enemies...........

Back at the Pits, Lurky came in and saw the chared Murky. "MURKY! Are you ok?" he asked in fear. Murky uttered "I made a boo boo." "Your allright! siad Lurky withb joy as he began to hug Murky. "Why didn't the explosion finish me off?" groaned Murky. Once Lurky let go of Murky, Murky fell to the ground again with another thud. Lurky looked at Murky and said "Sorry boss." Murky got mad and said "Now clean up this lab while I recover from this!" And Lurky cleaned up the lab while Mruky went back to his room so he can recover.

A few hours later, Murky came back to the lab to conduct another gloom cloud formula. This one had no problems unlike the first try. Once he loaded it in his mega gloom rifle, he said "Now lets go to Rainbowland and get rid of those disusting colors!"he siad in an evil tone. Lurky faithfull ran over to the Grudge Buggy and went over to pick him up. But Murky was right in his way and ran right over him. "Sunday driver!" he said in a loud groan. Lurky backed the buggy up so Murky can get up and board the buggy. Once all was loaded, they raced off to Rainbowland. But it turned out the steering failed once the got to a fork in the road. The missed the path to Rainbowland and headed to a long cliff. "You missed the path dumbbell!" yelled Murky. "The steering is shot!" yelled Lurky in return. But soon the cliff was rapidly approaching. "BRAKES LURKY! BRAKES!" yelled Murky in fear. Lurky mashed the brake pedal only to have it break. "No brakes boss." said Lurky. Murky began to panic as the edge appeared. The buggy flew off the edge and into the air.

But there was another cliff coming up. Murky felt some relief as the cliff appeared. But the buggy made a downward angle and smashed right into the cliff face. Once the parts of the buggy fell off, all that remained were a flatend Murky and Lurky. But soon they made a slow peal that would have them take a long fall down to the ground below. Murky hit the ground first with a loud thud. He slowly picked himself up only to see that Lurky was about to land on him. Once Lurky landed on him, a louder thud echoed through out the Pits. But unlike Murky's fall, Lurky landed rear end first.

Meanwhile, back in Rainbowland.........

Major was checking out his new costume. He felt a little shy about having to be only in his furry skin, but he felt confident. There was a black belt Major put across his waist and brown slippers that Canary let him use. "You look so cute, yet it doseent bother you." said Stormy. "Mental camaflage." Major simply replied. Tickled gave Major a kiss that left him blushing. But soon Rainbow down in her leotard that looked like her dress and boots. Red was about to get another one of his capes. But Rainbow said "I don't need one. I'm fine as is." "So what super hero are you going to be?" asked Stormy. "Wonder Wisp sounds nice." said Rainbow. Then Twink came our witha mask on his face and said "I'm sure you could use the Masked Sprite as you sidekick." Rainbow giggled and said yes. But soon Major looked ou the window that faced the Pits. "What is it Major?" asked Rainbow with concern. "Before I came in, I took a quick look at the Pits and saw that Murky had another gloom cloud experiment blow up on him." Major explained. "So you think this moron is up to no good." said Stormy. "Yep. Murphy's Law is being enforced in the Pits." said Major.

And once again, Major would be right about it.

To be continued.

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

Part 3

After a few days to recover and rebuild the Gudge Buggy, Murky was back at it again. In the lab, he was busy making his ultimate gloom cloud formula. But this time, he tried some new ingredients so it will not explode before it can become a gas. But like last time, his joy would be short lived when he raised the flask. This explosion would turn Murky in to human cannonball as he got blasted right thought the wall. When Lurky peeked inside to see that the lab was a mess again. But there was also a hole in the wall that made a prefect image of the outline of Murky. So Lurky went into the next room to see Murky flat on the wall with a shattered flaskin his hand. "Uh boss, you made another boo boo." he said. "No kidding mushhead." mumbled Murky.

A few moments later, Murky came back with a regular gloom gun and said "Let roll. I want that brat's belt!" "OK BOSS!" Lurky shouted as he ran to the buggy. "WAIT A MINUET PEABRAIN!" yelled Murky. Lurky stoped dead in his tracks. "I need to change my clothes." said Murky. A few minuets later, he came out dressed like Rainbow Brite. "Hi Rainbow!" said Lurky not realizing that it was Murky. "I'M NOT RAINBOW JELLBRAIN!" yelled Murky. Lurky began to be scared. "But you lok like Rainbow." he said in a scared tone. "I do look like her. But I don't have the belt." said Murky. "Ok boss." replied Lurky as both of them calmed down. But soon Murky had a look that puzzled Lurky. "Now what is it?" demaned Murky. "Nothing boss. Nothing." said Lurky trying not to coment. "Well I do look rediculous." said Murky knowing that it may not work. "Well I anything nice could not be said." said Lurky. But before Lurky could finish, Murky said "Ok then, lets go." So they would head off to Rainbowland.

In Rainbowland, Major was at the Color Castle doing observations. "Now why would Murky try to be Rainbow Brite?" he thought as he saw the buggy heading towards Rainbowland. Stromy came up and said "What you see there Major?" Major just handed tha binoculars over to Stormy so she can see what was going on. "Oh boy! Murky must be desparate. He thinks he's Rainbow." said Stormy. "Well I'm not buying it." said Major. "Maybe I better get into my costume." said Stormy. "I'm already ready." said Major as he took off his boots and replaced them with his dancing slippers. And as Stormy went to change, Major just removed his shirt and hat and put on his black belt. In side Rainbow saw Stormy run to her room. "What's the hurry?' asked Rainbow. "Murky's coming. And he's dressed like you." said Stormy. "I better get into my leotard to counter him." said Rainbow. "That's what I'm Thinking. Thunder Girl and Wonder Wisp incounters the imposter Rainbow Brite." said Stormy "What about our sidekicks?" asked Rainbow. "Karate Bear Major is out there." said Stromy. So they went into there romm and turned themselves into thier pretend super heros. Major was ready to go even as the two from the Pits took thier good old time getting to Rainbowland.

But the chaos is about to begin.

To be continued.

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

If you want to know, the part of Murky Dismal dreesing up as Rainbow brite was inspired from the fan art ideals.

In the meantime:

Part 3

As Murky and Lurky charged thier way to the castle, many of the Sprite were shocked that thier nemesis was dressed like Rainbow. Back at the castle Rainbow and Stormy were read in thier super hero costumes. Major was standing there watching the buggy come up. The two girls were wondering what Major was up to. Then Patty O'Green came up at a frantic pace. "Rainbow Murky's comming and ..." she said before she stopped mid sentance. Major responded with "Yes, we know. And he's poorly disguiesed as Rainbow." Then Patty saw Major and starterd to speak. "Yes Patty. I'm in my bear skin and this time the jokes on Murky." said Major. "Ok then. But why are Stormy and Rainbow wearing leotards and boots?" asked Patty. "We're being super heroes." said Stormy. Then Twink came running up to warn Rainbow. "We know Twink." said Rainbow. But when Twink saw that the three were in thier super hero outfits, Twink grabed his mask and pu it on. "Nice place for yor mask." said Major. "You never know when I may become the Masked Sprite." said Twink.

The duo from The Pits finaly arrived at the Castle after a few backfires. Once Lurky slamed on the brakes, Murky hurled out of the side car and landed right infront of Major. Lurky ran as fast as he could to aid Murky. But Murky got up on his own only to see the feet of his ultimate nemesis. he then got up only to have the wig slide off. Murky now knew that his cover was blown. But Lurky came up to Murky and saw Major was not in his usuall uniform. "Uh boss, why is Teddy Bear naked?" asked Lurky. But Major was more focused on Murky. "My, my, my. What a lousy disguise you have and what poor timing too." said Major in a sarcastic tone. "You mean." said Murky briefly. "Well Rainbow is right here beside me." said Major as he pointed to Rainbow. "Major did see trough your plan." said Major. "Uh what's Rainbow doing in a leotard with boots and no pantyhose?" asked Lurky again. "SHUT UP!" yelled Murky.

But soon Major got ready to do what he dose best with Murky. He started by saying "I should be a gentleman and not do what I'm about to do. But since you did a lousy job of being a girl and I being a bear. I can do what I need to do to defend rainbowland no matter what gender the evil person is." "In other words Major." said Stromy. Major just smiled to Stormy and said "To all evil beings, I'm an equal opportunity but kicker." Then Major followed through on what he said by positioning himself and giving a high pitched "WHHHHOOOOOOOWHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!" But Murky began to smile thinking "I feel he's lost his touch." But Major looked at Rainbow and Stormy and said "I think he likes my other yell better. The the peace of Rainbowland would soon be shattered with a mighty "WHHHHHAAAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEEEEHHHHAAAYYYYYHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Then the fur began to fly as Major's paws of fury went to work on Murky.

Many Sprite and all of the Color Kids that wern't there ran over to see what the comotion was. But when they got there, they saw that it was just Major giving the ol' Kung Fu to Murky. And multiple chops, kicks, punches, and throws, Murky looked as if he had enough. But Major would pull off one final throw that sent him flying to the horses. Starlite saw the flying Murky and said "Incoming!" Sunrised was up to the task as Murky hurled toward her. And with a mighty neigh and a powerful kick, Murky was sent flying back toward the Grudge Buggy. Murky would land in the buggy sidecar head first. For Major, all he could do was smile and say a gleeful "Boom shacka lacka!" "Well Major saved Rainbowland again." said Patty. "It's nice to have Major be our first defence when I'm not around." said Rainbow. Major just smiled and said "First, last, and best defence anytime, even when you are around." "You do have a point there Major." said Rainbow. "It tends to be that I'm there when paths cross." said Major.

But as for Lurky, all he could do was take a beaten Murky back to The Pits to only plan another disaster.

To be continued.

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

And now the grand (slam) finale.

Part 4

It was moments later when the two arrived back to thier home in The Pits. Lurky would grab Murky by the feet and carry him up to his room. But Murky would get more beatings to add to the ones he already had. "Why must anything brown be violent?" he moaned as Lurky draged him to his bed. Once he laid down, he felt some relief. "Naked Teddy Bear beat you up boss." said Lurky. "Yeah! Teddy Bear beats me up no matter whet he has on." grumbled Murky. It would take a couple of day to heal from all the beating and banging he went through.

Once he recovered, Murky went back to his lab. He locked the door so Lurky would not interfere with his next creation. Once again, he was making his ultimate gloom cloud. But he was now desparite to succeed. He too every ingedient he could find and tried to figure out what to use. He also had a sheet of paper so he could write the sucessful formula. But once again, disater would strike starting with the cauldron. He turned on the gas but the heat souce would not light up. So he struck a match so he could ignite the pilot lite. But this time, it lit up with no explosion. With the satisfaction of no explosion, he went to work putting every chemical and element he could muster into his new gloom cloud formula.

"I'll show that brat, her friends, and that chopsocky bear that they don't mess with me!" he said with determination. Back in Rainbowland, Major arrived for another routine visit to the Color Castle. But before he went in, he too a look up and wondered "What is Murkwell up to this time?" Back at Murky's house, he continued to add items to make the cloud a sucess. He stired and mixed and threw everyting but the kitchen sink into the cauldron. But some how, when he put on the lid so he can capture the gas, it began to rumble. Outside, Lurky was asking through the door "Murky. What's that rumbling sound." And much to the dismay of Murky, this new formula was going to end in disaster. Now Murky was desparate to escape the lab. But even as he ran yelling "IT"S GOING TO BLOW!", the whole thing created an atomic bomblike explosion that destroied the house and the foundation.

Back in Rainbowland at the Color Castle, Rainbow, and some of the Color Kids including Stormy and Moonglo were unaware that Murky made another gloom cloud disaster. But Major went over to the window after he heard the faint sounds of the explosion and saw the mushroom cloud engulfing the Pits. Then Major beagn to think "Murkwell has done it again. One powerful explosion." Then Stromy came over and said "What is it Major?" But Major said "I think we better brace ourselves. Murky blew up his house big time." "You mean...." said Stormy. But he sentance was cut short by powerful jolt that felt more like a strong bump. For when Murky's house exploded, there was a shockwave that resulted from the epicenter of the explosion. By the time it came to Rainbowland, it gave a powerful rattling. In the castle, everyone was knocked down. "Is everone ok?" asked Major once he got up. "We're fine Major." said Rainbow. "I'll have to see what it measued on my Ricter scale." said Shy Violet as she went to her lab. Still thought, the powerful jolt did no serious damage to Rainbowland.

As for the Pits, all that was left of Murky's house was a pile of rubble. A victim of mess destruction.

Untill the next time it happens again (he he).

The End.