RB Doujinshi (fancomic) Storyline

FanChan

RB Doujinshi (fancomic) Storyline

Post by FanChan »

Alright, so, being the writer that I am, I can't do a comic without first writing out the story. I started that with my RB doujinshi a good four or five years ago. Three years ago, I started posting it on a blog, just so I could type through it, and for the sake of those people that came across it and became interested.

Looking back at it, it's pretty awful writing for me, which is why I intend to rewrite it - change around the beginning, try to edit the dialogue (chop it down a good bit if I can, that sort of thing) make it more interesting rather than have it be plans spoken out every five pages. Man this thing is bad. It was going to look better drawn, but still. Eeyah.

Well. Since it may be some time before I get to it, I thought I'd link the blog for everyone in case anyone wants to give it a read. There's a lot there, 38 entries, and it's not even finished (I never actually finished writing the first draft; this is what happens when you work on about thirteen projects at once), so don't feel obligated to read the whole thing. Just have a glance, that's all I ask.

At least you should be able to have a peek at what I intend out of the story, and you'll get a look at the couple of original characters I've got. None of the huge twists have been revealed in this, so no worries about that.

http://rainbowbritedoujinshi.blogspot.com/2006/11/so-it-begins.html

Ooooh, the spelling mistakes. Someone kill me now. Really.

Edit: Forgive me for the "Starlight"s T-T
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Re: RB Doujinshi (fancomic) Storyline

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I read through it all last night. It definitely sounds very promising, and should look great when it's illustrated. I love Stormy too :) Can't wait to see it finished, that's for certain!

:rbstormy:
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Thank-you! Yay! Someone read it! It actually doesn't take as long as I thought it would to read it. I'll definitely have to flesh it out when I do the re-write. I think. Maybe in comic-form, it'd seem longer. Ah well. And I'm glad you liked Stormy. I tried to play on the personalities of all of them. It was fun coming up with big words for Violet. Anyway, hope more people read it. I've gotten back to redesigning the characters, so I might get started at some point this spring.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

lol no it was a very quick read as far as things go, but I'm sure it'll be much more drawn out in the comic. I'm eager to see it, and the rest of the redraws you come up with too!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

~Rainbow~

Post by ~Rainbow~ »

Wow! That was amazing! It's only a bit, but it really captured the personalities of the characters, especially how much they care about Rainbow! [IMG]http://forums.rainbowbrite.co.uk/images/smilies/rbrainbow.gif[/IMG]Rock on! (The excerpt from your story is REALLY cool!)

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Awww! Someone else read it *-* That makes me happee!

I'm so glad you like it, and hearing that I captured the kids' personalities is the best compliment one can get in the realm of fan-fiction, so thank-you!

How much they care about Rainbow is something that's always been stuck in my mind. You really only get a chance to see it during the Monstro Murk episode, but there's also that scene at the beginning of the movie where they sing her awake that really shows off the sort of relationship they all share.

Neee, I'm still so happy someone else read it ^__^

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Okay, so, I got this huge unbearable urge to work on the comic this morning, and immediately started drawing and writing. I can't show you the drawing, since it'd be a bit of a spoiler, but I'll just say this - I've, for the first time, drawn the villain. And I'm very excited.

As for writing, I've finally written the opening monologue to the story, and I'm going to be illustrating it throughout the rest of the week. I should get a handful of the drawings done today, even if they're not coloured. Here's how it reads so far:

The Earth. It's my home, and is home to billions of people just like me. Lots of people look after the Earth. There are people that plant trees, people that pick up trash or clean up the messes other people make. Some people help animals, and some take care of other people. But there are some things that we citizens of Earth can't do. We can't make the stars twinkle, or the rain fall; we can't make a frog green or a rose red. But I know who can.

Rainbow Brite and her friends do the things that we can't. We plant the trees, and Rainbow makes them green in the spring. Between us, we keep the Earth beautiful.

At least, that's how it used to be. Something is happening to the Earth. What it is, I don't know; no one does. I only hope that Rainbow knows. We need you, Rainbow. More than ever.

What d'ya think?

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

It's great that you're starting work on this again. Is the villain you drew the one you couldn't get to look right before?

As for your monologue, it's great. Flows well, and hooks the reader in too. Can't wait to see more!

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Nope! That guy's not so much a villain as just a monster. The one I drew today is the actual villain for the entire story. I'm so excited to get into that, but it's gonna be a while @_@

Thanks about the writing ^_^ I'm glad you think it hooks the reader. That's what I was hoping. A little prologue before sliding into the story I've already written.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Nope! That guy's not so much a villain as just a monster. The one I drew today is the actual villain for the entire story. I'm so excited to get into that, but it's gonna be a while @_@

Thanks about the writing ^_^ I'm glad you think it hooks the reader. That's what I was hoping. A little prologue before sliding into the story I've already written.
Gotcha. I'm sure he'll turn out interesting. I can't wait to read more of your storyline. And yes, hooking is key, which yours does. Even though I know how the story goes so far, part of me keeps wondering where's Rainbow? XD