The Color Kid Diaries

Chibi Rachy

The Color Kid Diaries

Post by Chibi Rachy »

So I'm gonna explain why this is a separate thread. This is the thread where I'll post my actual diary entries. The other one was just for feedback on the concept, and will be used as a place to submit ideas for any Color Kid that hasn't been done for this first round and who I didn't have any ideas for. The following Kids are done as of this post: Rainbow, Stormy, Moonglo, and Patty O'Green. Buddy Blue is currently a work in progress. Use the other thread to submit any ideas. I do try to incorporate reader suggestions into my story, even if I have to twist it a bit, so don't be shy.

This first set to be posted will be Rainbow's and Stormy's. Posting Rainbow's again only so the entire set goes together, and Rainbow's is always meant to be the first. The next set I post will be Moonglo and Patty O'Green. None of these are available on fanfiction.net yet, though I will post a link when I do. I don't want to post them there until I have an entry done for each Kid for the first event. Enjoy!

Rainbow
Spring XXXX, #1

Today I gave the Color Kids the day off. We’ve been so busy since Spring began that no one’s had a chance to just go out and have fun. After we made sure that the Color Console would have enough star sprinkles to run on its own, we all went our own ways.

I took Starlite to Rainbow Falls since it was such a beautiful day. Twink and I packed a lunch and had a nice picnic by the river. We sat close enough so that we could feel the mist coming off the water. We had lettuce and tomato sandwiches, made from the vegetables that Red Butler and Patty O’Green had worked together growing. Starlite ate some too, only he had a salad made just for him.

After we ate, I laid back in the grass and felt the warm yellow sun on my face and legs. It felt so good that I took off my boots so I could warm my feet too. Twink lay down too, but he soon fell asleep. That’s what usually happens when he eats well and then goes outside. It happens to the other sprites as well. I closed my eyes and thought of all the places I’d been in the past few days. Spring is always so busy on Earth. I bring the beginnings of growth, but sometimes Stormy likes to bring back snow for a few days, just to make it seem like winter a little longer. She knows things have to happen when it’s time, but she likes to have fun too. She also knows that once I place the star sprinkles on the snow the winter season is over and new growth begins, even if she makes snow fall again.

She made a small snow storm where Brian lives yesterday. It wasn’t much, just enough to cover the ground. She only grinned when I told her to stop and mentioned how much fun the children were having. That was true. They had gone out to play in the snow and sled down the hills, even though there wasn’t much. I let her have her fun because I know she wouldn’t let it last too long.

When I opened my eyes again, I knew that I’d fallen asleep in the sun, just as Twink had. I sat up and yawned, looking around for Twink and Starlite. Twink was still asleep. At first I couldn’t see Starlite, but then I saw him in the distance, galloping around a large clearing. I called for him and he came back to our picnic spot. I laughed as he talked of being the fastest horse in the universe and asked him if he wanted to race around the meadow again. He did, and I climbed onto his back, holding on to his mane.

Starlite ran for the open space and then he really took off. I laughed as the wind blew my hair behind me and Starlite tried his hardest to run as fast as he could. I kept encouraging him to go faster, and each time he did. Everything seemed to be a blur around me. Finally, Starlite stopped, and slowly galloped around the field. I asked him if he was tired and he told me that horses like him are never tired. I could tell that he was, even if he tried to hide it.

We went back to the picnic spot and Twink was just starting to wake up. Twink talked happily of how good he felt, and how nice of a nap he’d had. I sat down and put my boots back on before packing up the rest of our picnic. As soon as I’d finished, I climbed on Starlite and pulled Twink up after me. We headed back toward the Color Castle slowly, enjoying the sun as it began to move lower in the sky.

I thought of how pretty the night sky would be after Moonglo finished decorating it. Spring skies were fun to watch, especially since it wasn’t cold anymore. I could sit at my window for hours just watching the stars. There’s just something magical about them. Twink talked of checking on the sprites in the Color Mines and I thought about what tomorrow would bring. It would be back to work as always, but I love my work. Today was nice, but I’m ready to work on spreading more color on Earth.

Stormy
Spring XXXX, #1

Spring is not my favorite season, that’s for sure. It makes the winter end, which ruins my fun. I know things have to happen when it’s time, but still. No one like a good thing to end. Of course, there is the fun I get to have by doing random early spring snowstorms. It’s fun to have Rainbow discover these surprises. She knows it’s all in fun and doesn’t mind, but she does remind me that things have to grow.

Like yesterday. I went down to Earth on Skydancer to create a few storms here and there. I went past Brian’s house, Rainbow’s Earth friend. He’s okay I guess. Nothing special. The ground was brown and muddy and kids were going to school. I stood hidden behind a tree and heard one boy say that he wished there was snow to play in. His friend agreed. They continued walking to catch a bus and that’s when I had a great idea. I hurried back to Skydancer, who was hidden behind a clump of trees. We went back to the clouds and I set to work. Skydancer was happy to prance about, snorting cold air that instantly turned to icicles.

I concentrated on drawing the clouds closer to me. I had to focus. I could feel my fingers pulling the clouds to them, drawing together large groups. I could tell that these clouds had a lot of moisture stored inside. In the spring and summer, these clouds are good for big rainstorms. Today, they would make a nice snow storm. I could have made it a near blizzard, but I didn’t want to anger Rainbow. I may be stubborn about winter, but I also know that my favorite season has its place too. I would only make enough snow fall to give the boys what they wanted.

Soon I had enough clouds for my storm. Again, I concentrated on the snow fall, manipulating the snow to be light and fluffy, not the messy wet stuff. That’s always the more fun snow, but not what I needed this time. Once I had the storm going, I moved through the clouds, making sure that the snow fell lightly. I looked over the edge of the cloud, grinning at my work. There was Rainbow Brite, looking unhappy with me. She asked what I was doing and I told her what the boys had wanted, grinning. She asked me to stop and I showed her how much fun the kids were having. She said I could continue, as long as it didn’t last too long. I grinned triumphantly as she left and jumped all over the cloud, making just a little more snow fall. Sometimes I just couldn’t help but live up to my name.

I returned to Rainbow Land by night and was met by Moonglo heading off with Nite Sprite. Nite Sprite carried his bag of nite sprinkles with him. I’ve always wondered how he could. That bag is pretty heavy for a sprite. Moonglo smiled and mentioned something about having a beautiful night sky. We sometimes worked together in the winter. Snow fall and night time make for a beautiful picture. Don’t look at me like that. I know when things are beautiful, especially when I take part in making them. And storms are my specialty. I wave as Moonglo disappears into the night sky. As I walk into the Color Castle, I see the beginnings of stars popping out. Soon I’ll be able to work on some spring rains. That will be great fun. I love when I can work on my storms and practice. I can already picture a thunderstorm rolling in over Rainbow Land….the temperatures would drop slightly and the rain would fall gently at first, before becoming a steady hard rain. I’d add in some thunder and lightning for effect… perfect spring storms are my favorites.

I decided to head to bed early, after eating a quick dinner of Rainbow Salad. It’s such a strange name for the fruits and vegetables salad, but that’s what everyone calls it. The thing is, each Color Kid tends to eat their own color of the salad more than anything. There’s always plenty to go around and I tend to skewer my salad before eating it. Stabbing things can be fun after a long day. I was late to dinner, but Rainbow was still in the dining room and asked about my snow storm and how things were on Earth. I told her that things were fine and that my storm was finished, so she could have her spring fun. It may be spring time, but winter’s still tops in my book.

Lemme know what you think, especially with characterization and such. I've tried my best, but sometimes I can get off track.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Re: The Color Kid Diaries

Post by TheWendybird »

Chibi Rachy wrote: Don’t look at me like that. I know when things are beautiful, especially when I take part in making them.

Stabbing things can be fun after a long day.

Lemme know what you think, especially with characterization and such. I've tried my best, but sometimes I can get off track.

I like it but these two lines made me laugh...that's good tho haha Especially the second one lol As long as stabbing things and not people is what she likes it's all good huh! haha
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

haha I know. Sometimes I try things that would seem to fit the Kid in particular... Stormy seemed like the person who would enjoy skewering things to eat!

:rbstormy:
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

And how haha
*~*~Krista~*~*

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Glad you liked :)

Keep an eye out for Moonglo's and Patty O'Green's...I think you'll like Patty's...it was a lot of fun to write

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

*anticipation* hehe these are cute I like them alot! Keep em coming hehe
*~*~Krista~*~*

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I decided to go ahead and post Moonglo's for everyone. I have such a terrible headache tonight and I can't get rid of it. I'm not even sure how much more ibuprofen I can take...anyway, I love the feedback I've gotten so far. I think for the forums I'll try posting one entry at a time, but when they do get posted to fanfiction.net, 2 entries will be placed in a chapter. I think...

Moonglo
Spring XXXX, #1

I woke up sometime in the afternoon. Spring is always a beautiful time of year. I always love how the weather starts to warm up and things come back to life. I’ve never been to Earth like Rainbow or Stormy, but I know that the nights there must be beautiful. I try my best in Rainbow Land and I know that the same is reflected on Earth. I should go there some day… I’m sure Rainbow would take me with her one day if I asked. I’d love to see an Earth night sky and how my work looks there. I see about that.

My room is dark, but I have no trouble finding my way around. The dark is calming and soothing. Sometimes I lay in bed and imagine the things I can do to the night sky. I picture the stars and the moon and the shooting stars… it can be my practice for when I decorate the actual sky. I pull on my shoes and then rise from my bed. Nite Sprite is still sleeping, but I know he’ll be up soon. I open my door and step out into the bright light. I squint and get used to the bright light, yawning. I’m always the last one up since I work late at night. Sometimes I wake up and everyone else is busy or caught in the middle of one of Murky’s evil plans. Other times I wake up and nothing’s going on.

Today, Rainbow gave everyone the day off to relax and have fun. Spring is always so busy here and we get caught up in our work. I can’t take the night off though; too many people would miss out on the stars and beauty of the night sky. I love what I do too much. Suddenly, I hear a noise beside me and find Nite Sprite yawning. We go to the main floor of the Color Castle, which is deserted. I quickly eat some breakfast before Nite Sprite and I head up to the Color Mines to gather our nite sprinkles. Nite Sprite’s bag was getting empty and we needed more before tonight.

Sprites happily greeted us in the Color Mines, and Nite Sprite chatted happily with them. I went to the special spot deep in the Color Mines where the nite sprinkles could be found. A few covered the ground, and I saw other nite crystals in the rocks. Nite Sprite soon joined me, a pick in hand. He begins to mine and break the nite crystals. I pick up all the nite sprinkles and place them in Nite Sprite’s bag. After awhile, the bag is near overflowing. I wipe my forehead with my arm and tell him that I think we’ll have plenty for the rest of the week.

By the time we leave the Mines it’s getting dark out. The sun is finishing setting, and I’m excited to begin work. I’m eager to head up into the sky and create a new piece for everyone to see tonight. Nite Sprite and I decide to head for the forest and get everything we need ready. As we’re heading out, I see Stormy heading for the Color Castle. She slides off Skydancer’s back and Skydancer takes off, blending in with the scenery. She seemed pretty happy with herself. I guess that she was having fun making a snow storm somewhere. I told her I was off to make the night sky beautiful and she smiled before heading into the Color Castle.

Nite Sprite set down the bag near our special spot. I sat down in the chair we kept there, and closed my eyes. I always like to picture the sky before I decorate it. I feel calm as I picture the stars and the patterns I want to use. When I open my eyes, Nite Sprite looks up at me, waiting for my word. I nod to him and he picks up the bag. I instantly become invisible and take off into the sky.

By the time the sun is beginning to rise, I’m exhausted from my work. The sky was beautiful. I used some shooting stars tonight. I was hoping that someone might see them and get lucky. I headed slowly for the Color Castle, Nite Sprite following behind me. As I settled into bed, I smiled. No two nights are ever the same, and that’s why I love my job so much. Every night is a new chance to make a new beginning.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

That was lovely. I love the night...I like it more than the day personally. Yay for the moon and stars...Moonglo is one talented girl :) Not too long ago I had a dream that took place at night...with a glowing rainbow and lightning...I like to think all the elements combined were Rainbow, Stormy and Moonglo lol There is more to the dream than that but yeah lol
*~*~Krista~*~*

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

TheWendybird wrote:That was lovely. I love the night...I like it more than the day personally. Yay for the moon and stars...Moonglo is one talented girl :) Not too long ago I had a dream that took place at night...with a glowing rainbow and lightning...I like to think all the elements combined were Rainbow, Stormy and Moonglo lol There is more to the dream than that but yeah lol
Glad you liked it. Moonglo's always fun to write about... something about her seems so reflective at times and yet she also feels like such a giving character too. Very gentle as well.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
TheWendybird wrote:That was lovely. I love the night...I like it more than the day personally. Yay for the moon and stars...Moonglo is one talented girl :) Not too long ago I had a dream that took place at night...with a glowing rainbow and lightning...I like to think all the elements combined were Rainbow, Stormy and Moonglo lol There is more to the dream than that but yeah lol
Glad you liked it. Moonglo's always fun to write about... something about her seems so reflective at times and yet she also feels like such a giving character too. Very gentle as well.
She's very mellow and sweet-like :)
*~*~Krista~*~*