Springtime Surprise

Major Ursa

Springtime Surprise

Post by Major Ursa »

This will be my first fan-fic that will feature Rainbow Brite in her 2009 look.

It was wonderful spring day in Rainbowland whne the sun rose over the colorful land. Rainbow Brite and her friends were getting ready for the first day of spring. As they awaken, they looked forward to another colorful spring. But they also rememberd that thier friend in Rainbowland Forest was to be awakened from his long winter nap. At hte Color Castle, the Color Kids were already preparing for the new day in thier own special way. In Rainbow's bedroom, Puppy Brite was giving her a lick onnher face to wake her up on one side. On the other side, Kitty Brite was purring as loud as she could. Rainbow finaly woke up with a giggle.

She soon went over to the mirror ro look at her new hairstyle. It was the same ponytail style, but it was a more simple style compared to the more complex rooted style. As she put brushed her hair, she smiled at her reflection. "Ready to start the new day Wisp?" she said to herself. Then she put on a new double star hair clip to hold her ponytail in place. Then she went to her wardrobe to get her blue dress. The famliar long sleved blue dresses were still there. But now she has some blue sleveless dresses that she will wear in the warmer months. As she put on her new dress she went back to the mirror. She admired her new look. Then she put on her new color belt that was just a single star compared to her star and rainbow design. The she went to her dresser and put on some color wristbands. The last thing she did was to put on was her boots. The new boots were simular to her old boots, but they looked more like boots. She put her bare feet in the boots just the same as if she had her old ones on.

Once she was finished dressing, she went out to greet her friends. Downstairs in the main hall, the kids were all lined up ready to greet Rainbow. As Rainbow came down, they all adimired her new look. Red Butler and Buddy Blue really liked her new look. But they also remembered thier girlfriends Patty O'Green and Lala Orange. As Rainbow came towards them, she noticed that Stormy was not here. "Where's Stormy?' she asked. "She went out to do soem final winter stuff." said Shy Violet. "Well it is typical of Stormy to still wwant to keep winter going." sdaid Patty. "But she dose remember that her friend in thr forest need to wake up." said Canary Yellow. "Well I will be going over to the forest before I do my job." said Rainbow. But then Twink came running up. "Sorry I'm late. I overslept." he said. "Oh that's ok Twink." said Rainbow with a giggle. "We should not let our other furry freind oversleep either." said Indigo.

Outside of the castle, Starlite was ready to greet Rainbow. Over the winter, his maine beacme more colorful than it was before winter started. At the door was Rainbow and Twink. "Well you look nice today Rainbow." said Starlite. Then he noticed that Twink looked a little sleepy. "Now don't tell me we have another hibernator here." he said. "Sorry Starlite, I overslept." said Twink. "Well we better wake up that bear in the forest before you become like him." said Starlite. Once Rainbow and Twink mounted on Starlite, they headed off to Rainbowland Forest.

In Rainbowland Forest, the loyal Ranger Sprites were at the cabin getting ready to greet thier boss from his hibernation period. Major Ursa, Head Ranger of Rainbowland Forest, was in his final moments of hibernation. But little did he realize that his friend Rainbow would have a new look. In the clouds, Stormy and her faithful steed Skydancer were having thier fun making storms. Butas she saw Rainbow avoid the clouds, she wondered what was going on, Then she saw that they were heading to the forest. "They must be going to wake Major up. I must go down there." she thought. So she called for Skydancer. Once she mounted Skydancer, she too would head over to the cave to wake up her best friend of the forest.

To be continued.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Major Ursa

Re: Springtime Surprise

Post by Major Ursa »

Part 2

Rainbow, Twink, and Starlite would arrive atthe cave first. Twink had a scared look once he saw the entrance. "Oh Twink, there's nothing to be scared of." said Rainbow. "But what if he wakes up a grupy bear?" asked a still frightened Twink. "Well the only way he'll wake up grumpy is if those two clowns from the Pits showed up before us." said Starlite. "Besides, he trust you too much to to be mean to us." said Rainbow. Then Starlite saw Stormy and Skydancer decend from the sky. "Speaking of grumps." said Starlite. Thankfully, Stormy never heard Starlite's comment. Once Stormy and Skydancer landed, they approached the trio at the cave's entrance.

Stromy showed a frown on her face when she made contact with Rainbow. "Decided to wake Major up without me." Stormy said sarcasticly. " I wanted to surprise Major by coming alone. And besides, you were having fun doing you winter fun." But then Stormy thought about what she said. "You are right Rainbow. I forgot you wanted to show off you new look." said a now sad Stromy. "Well I forgot that you two are best friends." said Rainbow. Stromy then showed a smile. But then she saw that Twink was not ready to go into the cave. "He still thinks Major might get grumpy." said Starlite. Stormy asured Twink with "Just relax. He's a nice bear. He'll only be still sleepy.

Once they dismounted thier horses, Rainbow, Twink, and Stormy went into the cave. Rainbow would carry a battery powered lantern because of the darkness of the cave. Once they got to where Major was sleeping, Rainbow motioned the other two to stay where they are. Rainbow quietyly walked up to where Major was and knelt down. She would then give him a kiss on the forehead. Major showed is usual blush along with some movement and a wimper. "Good morning Major. It's springtime." Rainbow said in a soft pleasent tone. Major opened his eyes that had a sleepy looked. But throught those eyes, he saw a different Rainbow Brite than he saw when he went to sleep back in the winter. "I must be dreaming." he mumbled aloud.

Rainbow saw Major go back to sleep. "I guess he dose not know who I am." she thought. Then Stromy came over and knelt on the other side of Major. "let me try Rainbow." she said. Then she said softly to Major "Wake up Major. It's me Stormy. I can be haveing fun forever." Then Major opened his eyes again to see a smiling Stormy. Once Major saw Stormy, he said "I not dreaming." Then with some more wimpering and some streaching, Major finaly got up. "I guess you did not reconize me Major.' said Rainbow. Major responded with "You look so beautiful, I thought I was dreaming." Rainbow just giggled for a moment. "Looks like you fooled him Rainbow." said Stromy. "I did get a makeover before it was spring." said Rainbow.

Major then saw Twink standing there nervous. "It's ok Twink, he's just sleepy." said Stormy. Twink came over to see Major was smiling. Twnik would be releved that he did not show a sighn of grumpiness. With a little help, Major got on his two feet and got ready to leave his winter home. "Before next winter, I'm going to ge me a matress." he joked. "Oh Major!" said both Rainbow and Stormy. Outside, Starlite and Skydancer were waiting. "Well top of the morning Major. Had a nice winter nap?" said Starlite. "It was the usual, a nice one with lots of visitors." said Major. Then Rainbow and Twink remounter on Starlite while Stormy and Major mounted on Skydancer. Skydancer showed a pleasent look as Major mounted Skydancer. Then it was off to the cabin where Major would clean himself up and get ready to remeet his other Rainbowalnd friends. And so the first day of spring ends with Rainbow in her new look and a bear ready to take care of the forest and the pests from the Pits.

The end.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Major Ursa wrote:Part 2

Rainbow quietyly walked up to where Major was and knelt down. She would then give him a kiss on the forehead. Major showed is usual blush along with some movement and a wimper. "Good morning Major. It's springtime." Rainbow said in a soft pleasent tone. Major opened his eyes that had a sleepy looked. But throught those eyes, he saw a different Rainbow Brite than he saw when he went to sleep back in the winter. "I must be dreaming." he mumbled aloud.
You have a crush on Rainbow dontcha!? ;) hahaha
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

Actually, that's my fan-fic counter part. He's a Teddy Bear.