Nostalgia brings me back...

Lurky

Nostalgia brings me back...

Post by Lurky »

Gosh, let's see...

I can watch a few episodes of Rainbow Brite and then I find myself remembering my childhood. How I was just a young boy who loved the cartoon series, the books, and I even had a Red Butler doll, a Lurky Doll, a playset, coloring books, and saw the Star Stealer movie, as well. I even was into My Little Pony and quite a few girly things.

Only because most of the 'boyish' things didn't interest me. Like G.I. Joes, plastic army men, construction trucks, and all. But the boyish stuff I did like was He-Man and Thundercats. Heh.

My most favorite characters in Rainbow Brite has always been Red Butler, Twink, Krys, Lurky(absolutely love him!), and those lizard baddies in the Star Stealer movie(and the slime/blob creatures, as well), as well as all the Sprites and Brian and lastly Stormy.

Let's say my love for Rainbow Brite and the Color Kids hasn't diminished. In fact it's now hitting me by tenfold now. Bah. It feels kind of overwhelming to have so many memories come back to me in a flood.
"Colors are pretty!" ~Lurky

Nostalgia leads the way... while memories come to play
Childhood fantasies like a dream... looking at possibilities
All I want to do... is live my childhood, too.

Avatar by ~reneelf on DeviantArt.

Chibi Rachy

Re: Nostalgia brings me back...

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Welcome to the boards, Lurky :) Hope you'll find areas in which you like to post. Nostalgia always brings us back to our favorite childhood things in one form or another.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Lurky

Post by Lurky »

Thank you.

And it's rather strange that three to four different things can make me feel all nostalgic. He-Man, Transformers, and Rainbow Brite, and finally Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I just seem to recollect them mostly. I feel like my childhood just comes flashing back before my eyes. And I wish I could relive it once again.

I guess memories are wonderful to have, after all.
"Colors are pretty!" ~Lurky

Nostalgia leads the way... while memories come to play
Childhood fantasies like a dream... looking at possibilities
All I want to do... is live my childhood, too.

Avatar by ~reneelf on DeviantArt.

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Welcome to the forums. This is definitely a nostalgia filled place. Image