hello, dialga here!

Dialga-Brite

hello, dialga here!

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I thought I'd just avoid posting another about me since I did it on the old boards but since everyone is doing it I'll just post it again. Here is my about me from the mlp boards. It's sorta mlp based but rb applies to it as well.
About me:
I am one of the few male people who was at the fair (one user, not sure which, told me about this site). If anyone saw, I was the one wearing the headband with stars, and I was carrying around the giant plush Sunny Daze pony that I bought. I am 19 years old.

I have Aspergers Syndrome, so if I don’t quite understand something or if I reply in a way that seems “different”, then that could be why. I also have Bipolar Disorder.

My personality:
I am a very kind and forgiving person. I usually won’t be mad at someone if they haven’t done something that I feel is wrong. If someone sincerely apologizes for a bad deed, I will always accept their apology.

I also am a very strong-willed person. I’ve had to deal with a lot of people making fun of me with things like “you’re too old for My Little Pony” or “that’s just for girls” (I know none of you would do that). While this greatly upsets me, it will never cause me to change my interests. I will never hide my interests to look “cool” in front of classmates. I do not believe that liking or collecting My Little Ponies is a “dirty little secret”. I’m totally open about it.

How I got into ponies:
It started with my interest in Rainbow Brite. I discovered her on the internet by accident. I decided I liked her kind storyline, so I watched her videos and DVDs. Not much later, I started collecting her dolls and joined a forum about her. Since I was in an ‘80s world, I heard about MLP a lot and it was inevitable that I got into these cute little horses. Although I was born in 1989, and did not grow up with RB or MLP, I like them quite a lot because of their cuteness and messages of kindness.

My other interests:
In addition to My Little Pony, I also really like Rainbow Brite, He-man/She-ra, and Pokemon. I have been an active member of the rainbowbrite.net forums since January of 2008.

My style of collecting:
I am not what you’d call a “hardcore” collector. I don’t care if my ponies and dolls are vintage or not, all that matters is if they’re a character I like or if their looks appeal to me. I even play with them. I take them in the car, take them into restaurants, carry them around at home, and even take some of them to bed. I try not to buy MIB ponies or dolls, because they cost a lot and I don’t like leaving them in the boxes. Now please don’t get upset, but any MIB item that I do buy will be opened. But like I said, I try not to buy them, and save them for the more hardcore people. When a pony or doll enters my collection, it never leaves. So that means I like to buy, but not trade or sell (though I occasionally sell stuff like video games that I don’t want or play anymore).

You can see picture of almost every member of my collection on my about me page on ebay. My username there is “dialga-brite”, just like on here.
(ebay page is out of date)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Major Ursa

Re: hello, dialga here!

Post by Major Ursa »

Hey there! I one of the other male Rainbow brite fans here.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Yup, I knew that already. It makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one.

:)

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

hiya, good to see you here

~Jenny~

Starlitefan

Post by Starlitefan »

*trots in*

Dialga-Brite! My old friend! *snorts and tosses mane about* How long has it been, my friend?
Rainbow Brite: Starlite, quick!
Starlite: I will not wear booties!!
On-X: Better than falling down.
Starlite: [neighs in annoyance] Ooh, my poor dignity!!!

Oh, and by the way, I'm a GIRL, despite my user name... ;-D

:rbstarlite:

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi! I'm Sarah! : ) It's so nice to meet you. We have a lot in common, I think. I'm looking forward to chatting with you : ) :rbsmile:

RainbowArmyGuy

Post by RainbowArmyGuy »

hey I'm Zac and i'm another male RB fan and a soldier in the US Army. I can sympathise with the teasing, and the "You're too old for toys and yadda yadda yadda." All I can say is "Those who matter, don't mind. And those who mind don't matter." Keep hangen on and fight the good fight. You mention you have aspergers syndrom?(spelling may be off) I think thats ok. One of my favorite tv shows Boston Legal has a character with it and i love him in that show.
Yesterday is history, tomarrow is a mystery,
but today is a gift. Thats is why they call it the present

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

All I can say is "Those who matter, don't mind. And those who mind don't matter."
I agree big time! I'm not gonna stop liking dolls to please people, if someone's really my friend, they'd be accepting of it! :)

Maki

Post by Maki »

Hi, welcome to the Forums. Im Maki from Atlantic Canada. Hope you'll enjoy it.