Hi- thought I'd drop back in -

Galacticatt

Hi- thought I'd drop back in -

Post by Galacticatt »

Hi- I'm Sarah/Galacticatt- I'm 31 and live and work in Seattle. I collect a few vintage doll lines and have always loved RBB the best.

I used to be on the old version of this board a few years ago now? I left because there were some hostile people on the board at that time, and I stopped enjoying it- but things change and probably most of those people are gone, plus there are plenty of peeps on here that are awesome, so I thought I'd try it again.

Plus I thought it might be fun to share some interesting Rainbow Brite info with you guys :D

Tom-sprite

Re: Hi- thought I'd drop back in -

Post by Tom-sprite »

Hi Galacticatt !

Welcome to the new forum ! :-)

I am Tom-sprite (27) ... RB-fan from Germany ... grown up with RB - 80s-kid ! ;-)
I dont know the old version of this forum ... I joined last year and enjoy being a part of this kind community very much.
I collect RB-stuff,create custom dolls(just 4 fun/no sale) and draw fanart...also love to talk about RB and exchange ideas etc ! :-D

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Hi Tom! I have seen your art around and I have to say that I LOVE it ! Thanks for the friendly welcome :D

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Welcome to the boards! Glad to see you've returned. I'm Chibi Rachy. I wasn't on the old boards, but this board is fun. I actually didn't get into Rainbow Brite until January of last year. These boards are becoming more active all the time and we love new active members! :) I bought that Stormy you had last April. She's my prize RB doll :)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Good to see a new nice member arrive ! :)
You re first post in the collecting-section of the board is totally exciting !!!

Thank you for loving my art ! :star: :wave: :star:

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Welcome back Galacticatt!! :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Thanks Katy and Chibi :D I'm glad you liked that doll, i know I bought her on this forum probably- I think the one you bought was made by Jenny? Don't know if she is still around- she made some pretty cool dolls...

Tom - thank YOU for posting your art! I am drooling over your color-kid versions- how cool of you to share with everyone! Your flash work is amazing-

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Galacticatt wrote:Thanks Katy and Chibi :D I'm glad you liked that doll, i know I bought her on this forum probably- I think the one you bought was made by Jenny? Don't know if she is still around- she made some pretty cool dolls...

Tom - thank YOU for posting your art! I am drooling over your color-kid versions- how cool of you to share with everyone! Your flash work is amazing-
I don't know who made her, but I've never seen another like her, and that was the reason I'd bought her in the first place!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Glad you enjoy my chara-redesign-Poster ! :)
I decided to share the two big posters I made cause I wanted to rejoice members of this likeable community a little bit.

The avatar-"GIF" is made with "Photoshop" and "Gimp" !
But I really should try out flash someday ! ;)

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Wow, no way! Well it looks awesome- You would be really good at flash I bet- I don't use it, but it seems like all the animators are these days?

Still- yours look awesome enough and they aren't even flash ! Maybe I could bribe you to make me a Stormy one some day :D