Hi there ... my name is Tom

Tom-sprite

Re: Hi there ... my name is Tom

Post by Tom-sprite »

@Stormy 2009 :

I guess the majority of fans have no Stormy-doll ...
I saw a lot of Stormy-custom-dolls on ebay but they are often ridiculously expensive ... sometime I will make my own Stormy custom doll ! ;-)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:@Stormy 2009 :

I guess the majority of fans have no Stormy-doll ...
I saw a lot of Stormy-custom-dolls on ebay but they are often ridiculously expensive ... sometime I will make my own Stormy custom doll ! ;-)
Some of them don't sell too expensively. I haven't seen any on the US site though lately. The Stormy doll I have I got for $140 USD, which wasn't bad. Then again, my Stormy doesn't look like most of the customs available. Before I bought mine, there was another custom Stormy that went for about $80. She wasn't based on the prototype, but she still looked pretty good.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

140 Dollars would be limit for me ...
I m delighted for you that you ve got such a nice Stormy for this reasonable price ! :-D
At the moment there is also a Stormy custom doll on ebay but she is really expensive.
If one ckecks ebay regularly one can surely get a Stormy with a justifiable price but I am not sure whether I should buy a doll ...
I love to sew and when I find enough good material I would like to tinker my own Stormy doll (cool challenge)...
This is doable ... Exchanging or dying the hair is most difficult ... the rest of the work can be really great fun ! :-)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:140 Dollars would be limit for me ...
I m delighted for you that you ve got such a nice Stormy for this reasonable price ! :-D
At the moment there is also a Stormy custom doll on ebay but she is really expensive.
If one ckecks ebay regularly one can surely get a Stormy with a justifiable price but I am not sure whether I should buy a doll ...
I love to sew and when I find enough good material I would like to tinker my own Stormy doll (cool challenge)...
This is doable ... Exchanging or dying the hair is most difficult ... the rest of the work can be really great fun ! :-)
You certainly can get one reasonably. The one I bought was on there for months before I bought it. It started out at around $200, but as time passed, the seller kept lowering the price. She went on a month long vacation and during that time, one cannot purchase anything from sellers away. So I had this big argument with myself over getting the doll and how it was a unique custom. I was also recently dumped a few weeks prior and so that also affected my decision... made me feel really good about myself to get that doll :)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Your Stormy custom was one of the first things I saw when I came here to this forum because I asked you for a picture of her ... I think she is a very beautiful supercool custom-doll !:-D

Radiant Bridge

Post by Radiant Bridge »

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum! I'm from Pennsylvania, America. You have a bright, vibrant presence. I've loved Rainbow Brite since the eighties as well. Your fan art has its own unique flair; I really like it.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Thanks so much Radiant bridge ! :-D

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Finally I got a Stormy doll for a fair price ... (60 Euro)

JIPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!

I ordered her from a very talented german custom-doll creator (can not write his name here because I do not know whether he wants that or not ... I can ask if anyone wants to contact him)...
My special wish was that I get her without the flashes and the belt-emblem ...
I tinkered the flashes ... I used cellular rubber ...
also I turned her eyebrows into flashes !

I LOVE HER !!!

...I am so happy !!!

Let me know what you guys think of her !

Yes...I know I ve written that I want to tinker my own Stormy but I changed my mind and now I will tinker a dark princess ! :-)

To be honest ... Krys would also be appealing or maybe also Orin ..... :-)))))))
Depends on how much free time I will find !
Never say never ! ;-)
Attachments
Stormy 3.jpg
Stormy 3.jpg (239.19 KiB) Viewed 869 times
Stormy 2.jpg
Stormy 2.jpg (217.14 KiB) Viewed 870 times
Stormy.jpg
Stormy.jpg (222.49 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

:bg: WOW!!!

This is the first time I've read this all the way back.

Tom-sprite, you do amazing work. Both the drawings and the dolls are excellently done. I may have you turn photos of certain people into Regenbogen Kinder later on for me.

From your post of 12 November...

"At the moment there is also a Stormy custom doll on ebay but she is really expensive."

If that came from Crissimoon in Germany, I bought it. The doll is the prototype version and is very well done. The box is brand new! It is not an old box that was reworked but a new Dress Up box made just for this doll. Later I'll be getting a custom boxed Moonie from her. We have met in person in the past.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Blondine Arc-En-Ciel :

Thanks a million for your kind words ! :) :lol:

I love to be creative ... I try to sacrifice a lot of free-time to art ... cause it makes me feel happy ! ;)

Might be that this Stormy was the one of crissimoon ... the quality was excellent what I could see on the ebay-pics but I somehow was not willing to spend that much money ! ;-)

I would love to see some nice photos of this Stormy you bought ! :-D
If you like you can post some pics into this thread. ;-)