I'm NEW + Collecting PVC Miniature Minikins!

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:And I know what carbooted means even though it's a mystery to Americans.
Actually, many Americans (at least the ones I know) are familiar with this term, even if we don't practice it. :lol:

souwah

Post by souwah »

Clinozoisite wrote:
Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:And I know what carbooted means even though it's a mystery to Americans.
Actually, many Americans (at least the ones I know) are familiar with this term, even if we don't practice it. :lol:
My local hospital holds a communty carboot sale every weekend where people can sell their things all the while raising money for the hospital. I am yet to find any RB treasure though!

I actually think US garage sales are really fun, my fiancé took me to a bunch when i last visited (he prob wishes he never ever took me!) I think it's really cool that Americans are trusting to have a garage sale on their own property. It's not done in the UK, perhaps we have trust issues?? lol

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

souwah wrote:
Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:
Do you still have access to the auction? Maybe it's still on your want list somewhere? Do you have anything from paypal about the financial transaction for it? What I'm leading up to is to find the 12 figure Item Number. When you have that, put it into any ebay search window and hit Enter or whatever and it will come up. If all else fails, search for RB in finished transactions.

What I'm leading up to is once you have the auction page on your screen, click on Bid History and look for someone with over 1500 feedbacks. That's most likely me. Then you can see how each of us bid for the item.
So you're B***e with feedbacks of 1588! lol
Oui, c'est moi!!! :lol:
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

souwah wrote:
Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote: .
I knew you had an American connection because you mentioned Buddy's butt rather than his bum in the third sentence. And I know what carbooted means even though it's a mystery to Americans.

And I'm an American but I've spent a good part of my adult life in Europe.

Here are my Canadian and some other RB dolls. I've now got an MIB La La Orange from Canada on the way to join them.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1180251549 ... lAndOthers#

Here are some other RB items. These pix are 6 months old and are seriously outdated

https://picasaweb.google.com/1180251549 ... 7O7pjpyKZQ#

I hope all of the links work...
OMG OMG RAINBOW BRITE ENVY! it looks like a RB LITTLE TOY SHOP! =) WOW! so so impressed! I was looking at the pix for ages! lol
Where do you find all this space to keep all your treasures!
is there anything you don't have in your collection and you mega want??
How long have u been collecting? Is it a personal choice to keep on price tags?
I'm happy that you like my collection.

It's in my attic at the moment. there's stil some unused space there but I won't use what's left for RB because I need a place to spray paint my Majorette vehicles.

There are a number of things that I mega want. MIB Moonglow, MIB Hard Bodied Starlite, NWT large Lurky, MIB OJ, MOC star shaped sunglasses in all the colors, four MIB Stick-On Sprites and the five MOC figurines that I don't already have.

I've been seriously collecting since about 2004. This is my second personal RB collection and I've done other RB collections for three other fans.

I'll leave the tags in place if it looks like removing them would damage the box.

I've also got some pro-level photo experience with a number of published photos. I have a Canon EOS 1D (original version), an EOS 3 and several L lenses plus two more backup bodies and various other lenses from Canon and others.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

souwah

Post by souwah »

It's in my attic at the moment. there's stil some unused space there but I won't use what's left for RB because I need a place to spray paint my Majorette vehicles.

There are a number of things that I mega want. MIB Moonglow, MIB Hard Bodied Starlite, NWT large Lurky, MIB OJ, MOC star shaped sunglasses in all the colors, four MIB Stick-On Sprites and the five MOC figurines that I don't already have.

I've been seriously collecting since about 2004. This is my second personal RB collection and I've done other RB collections for three other fans.

I'll leave the tags in place if it looks like removing them would damage the box.

I've also got some pro-level photo experience with a number of published photos. I have a Canon EOS 1D (original version), an EOS 3 and several L lenses plus two more backup bodies and various other lenses from Canon and others.
Wow that's quite the impressive camera you have =) You're quite the asset to all us RB newbies too! =)
I found a german Starlite on euro ebay but it looks like his eyes are rubbed away. Do you think things in this condition are worth buying??

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

souwah wrote:

Wow that's quite the impressive camera you have =) You're quite the asset to all us RB newbies too! =)
I found a german Starlite on euro ebay but it looks like his eyes are rubbed away. Do you think things in this condition are worth buying??
They are only worth buying if you have the skills to restore them or know someone that can do it for you.

Radiant Bridge

Post by Radiant Bridge »

Hi souwah, welcome to the forum! I'm a long time fan from Pennsylvania, America. I love Kitty Brite too. She's in my closet next to Puppy Brite. I also fancy your icon due to my being a cat lover. Good luck with your collection. I hope that you find those miniatures.

souwah

Post by souwah »

Radiant Bridge wrote:Hi souwah, welcome to the forum! I'm a long time fan from Pennsylvania, America. I love Kitty Brite too. She's in my closet next to Puppy Brite. I also fancy your icon due to my being a cat lover. Good luck with your collection. I hope that you find those miniatures.
Thanks for the welcome =) oh I love cats also! I wish they had made a kitty brite PVC!

I have almost all of the German + USA PVC ones now! =) Weirdly I have very few of the UK ones! I really really want the USA Starlite! Please do keep me in mind if you see one anywhere!

I don't know my geography of the US very well yet but I', getting there! I will be moving to Northern California from UK this May =)

What do you primarily collect of RB?

Radiant Bridge

Post by Radiant Bridge »

At the moment my focus is on the dolls with sprites, as I now have both of Rainbow Brite's pets and all three horses. (The original Starlite, the original Sunriser, and Shimmer.) I have had Rainbow Brite herself since I was a toddler, but no Color Kids. I chiefly collect characters and books, but also have the sailmobile.

Roxanne

Post by Roxanne »

Hello, and welcome to the forum!
I hope you are having a very good time here. :)

Kitty Brite is also my favorite character, she's adorable!
My name is Roxanne.
I live in Belgium,
and I just Rainbow Brite!

:rbmoonglow: