Memoirs of a Young Fan

Sarah

Re: Memoirs of a Young Fan

Post by Sarah »

Hi! I'm Sarah! : ) Nice to meet you! : ) I've been visiting Katy's rainbowbrite.net for years, but I didn't know about this place until I was really bored one day and I realized there was a links page, and I decided to come! : ) and with the relaunch this year, it seems like a good time to join. : )

I grew up with rainbow brite, but I was pretty young - and it always stuck with me. Especially the rainbows part of it, and then when it came in 03/04 I got more into it again when I found her by accident on a rushed trip to walmart. So now the passion just keeps growing.

One day when the time is right, I'll be rich and famous - and one of the things that is going to make me so is with writing and publishing - mainly my autobiographies, new age, and kid lit. : ) and chick lit itches me a little bit too, so I'm sure that will come in as well. : )

I love everything about rainbow brite and her story : )

:rbsmile:

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Sarah, you sound a lot like me! Hehe. I've been going to Katy's site for quite a while, too. Whenever I needed a reference for a character or some information about an episode, I went straight to her site, but I've never been one to join forums. But, I thought I might as well join up, it'd be nice to have someone to talk to about RB.

I must have been hibernating through Rainbow Brite's re-release T-T Seriously. The only place I ever saw RB was Hot Topic. *sigh* Oh well. I'm finding RB stuff at the local flea market almost every weekend and I snatch it up when I've got the money. There's one table that sells all kinds of vintage toys.

I'm also aiming to become rich with writing xD Though the famous part doesn't appeal so much to me. I'd be quite happy with a quiet life with my family.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Yeah! We are a lot alike I think. : ) Well, here in Canada, we barely got anything around that 03/04 phase - maybe 1 or 2 coloring books, and the plastic figures. So most of what I have right now is either from the clearance sale of a few things from a spur of the moment trip to target with my mom and brother (my 'baba' - grandma died around that time, she was poor, but she divided her small fortune equally between every living relative who was around, so we each had a bit, pooled it together, and decided to add a bit and go to Grand Forks). The rest of what I have, is what I found this year on amazon. : )

Originally when I came on this board, I didn't think that I would get the urge to get any of the old stuff. But after being here for a little while, and being surrounded with so many passionate people, I can't help but desire a few of the old things too : )

Well, I don't want to be famous in the hollywood star kind of famous. Actually I find star culture to be pretty fascinating, but I wouldn't want to be a part of it, I'd find it too funny. I want to live in Las Vegas one day - but I do want to be famous enough to make my mark. I'm gonna help change the world : )

:rbsmile:

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

You're definitely a lot like me o.o

Within a few days of being here, I couldn't help but go over to eBay and buy a few things. A little vintage purse is on its way, along with a bunch of iron-on patches. I think I might start buying up the sheets to use to make clothes and that sort with - I've already got one set, but I'd like to keep them as sheets xD

And I want to use the money and whatever stardom I achieve to change the world, too o.o I have very passionate feelings towards how awful the adoption industry is around the world, and I want to do something to make it better. What's your big plan?

Wolf Ranger

Post by Wolf Ranger »

That's kinda funny, becuase every time I have been to Hot topic I have never seen anything RB at all. Probally because it's all 90's crap now along with Twilight for all the rabid fangirls. xD

FanChan I can't wait to see what your creativty has come up with, and I promise I won't dissappear.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Awwww, thanks, Wolf Ranger! :blush: I haven't been to Hot Topic in ages. Last time I was at the big mall down river in search of their Suncoast, I think the Hot Topic was closed as well as the Suncoast. I shopped there my high school years, but when I realized I could make the clothes with better quality than they could sell me for half a hundred dollars, I stopped xD But I remember seeing shirts and wristguards and some useless junk the times I went.

Wolf Ranger

Post by Wolf Ranger »

xD I used to work in a mall, so that's pretty much the only reason I went there to begin with. Most of the things I found though where only t-shirts and crappy leather pants..

You make your own clothes? That is cool!

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

I try ^^; I usually just make costumes, and ninety percent of my wardrobe comes from second-hand stores like Goodwill, though no one would ever guess it. I've gotten great GAP jeans with the tag still on them for six bucks. I love Goodwill *-*

However, if I get this job at JoAnn Fabrics, I might be able to afford to kickstart my clothing line.

Wolf Ranger

Post by Wolf Ranger »

XD I've gotten clothes (and a giant stuffed Powerpuff girl) from Savers once. No one ever asked where I got them. I guess that they didn't care, or didn't notice. *Shrug*

You are quiet the creative person as far as I can tell. The only thing I came up with is these short stories about these evil demonic rabbits I call Death Bunnies. ^_^

Do you make costumes for Cons or something?

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Hehehe. I've got creativity and little else, I'm afraid. I'm sure you make up for it somewhere.

Yes, I go to Otakon, a big anime convention in Baltimore every year. And this year I'm taking my art students to the anime convention in Pittsburgh in April. I'm even getting my hair cut and coloured for it ^_^