New member ahoy!

Clinozoisite

New member ahoy!

Post by Clinozoisite »

alias: Clinozoisite
sex: female

I've been collecting Rainbow Brite since I was a little girl. My collection mostly consists of the 11" dolls. When I was little I would buy every one I could find at garage sales and flea markets. My mother would let me buy them as long as they were 50 cents or less. I have about...40 of them?

The only dolls I have purchased in recent years are Moonglo (from eBay.de), a custom Stormy (from eBay.com), and Indigo (from an antique mall)

My doll collection is in "played with" condition - many of them no longer have their accessories or small sprites. The only excellent condition doll is an 11" Rainbow Brite who is MIB (she was a gift).

I am not what you would call a "serious" collector. I collect them because they're cute and remind me of my childhood. I do not have a lot of space in my apartment, so I do not buy MIB dolls. Nor do I buy the multitude of paraphernalia that Hallmark produced. I like to look at it on eBay, but I rarely buy anything since I do not have the room for storage or display.

Major Ursa

Re: New member ahoy!

Post by Major Ursa »

Welcome aboard! I'm Major Ursa of Highland Springs, Virginia. I've been a fan of Rainbow Brite since 1984. I have a small collection of Rainbow Brite stuff myself (majority of it is the newer stuff from 2003-2006 with two old VHS tapes). I also like Microsoft Train sim, Nascar Auto racing, collecting Teddy Bears and die-cast vehicles, and other cartoons like the Looney Tunes. Enjoy your stay.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Sarah

Re: New member ahoy!

Post by Sarah »

Hi! My name is Sarah! I never had a nickname for some reason, people always just call me Sarah, so, that's what I be's! I live 'at home' in Manitoba, Canada, but I hate it here (it gets so cold!). One day I will live in Las Vegas, Nevada. : ) I am female ; ) and I'm 27.

I don't really 'collect' Rainbow Brite stuff (or anything for that matter). I did have a few stuffed toys in the 80's, but they're long gone in garage sales. You have 40 things in your collection?? oooh! Lucky girl! Most of the stuff that I have are things that were released in 2003/2004 - either from a small trip to Grand Fork, North Dakota from clearance items in Walmart and Target, and the rest from amazon.com. I have a rainbow brite keychain, yellow sprite keychain, green sprite keychain, rainbow br :rbsmile: ite and starlight and twink plush set, a birthday card with rainbow brite on it, starstealer movie poster, a notebook/journal, and all of the books and coloring books (which I had photocopied, colored, and most of them are on my walls now!). I also just like to look at ebay to see what's out there.

I can't wait until the relaunch of rainbow brite this year!
:rbsmile: