New old color friend from Germany

RedRaven78

New old color friend from Germany

Post by RedRaven78 »

Hi there color kids! Like so many other board members I'm very happy to be back in Rainbowland :-)
It must have been nearly about ten years ago when I found Katy's website RainbowBrite.net and I
was fascinated that there is such a great community sharing our common joy about Rainbow Brite.
I was watching the show when I was 6 years old, playing the tapes from the first three episodes
and the StarStealer movie I had to death. Well, years past but I keep the child within feeling the
same joy every time when I'm watching the episodes again.

I still have the color kid "Red Butler" and the sprite "Lucky" :-) Unfortunately most of my German story tapes
were given to a library :-( The more I'm glad to see that one of you made them available,
I'd like to offer my help translating them.

As a German native speaker I hope you'll overlook my mistakes with the English language ;-)

Would be very happy to hear from you soon!

Michael

Every time when darkness occupies your mind
remember Rainbow's colors dearly kind.
Even if you can't see she'll have an eye on thee.

Think colorful !

Chibi Rachy

Re: New old color friend from Germany

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Welcome back to the boards :) I'm Rachel. There's plenty to post about and reply to, so I hope you'll join in!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Maki

Post by Maki »

Hi redRaven78, I'm Maki from accorss the Atlantic Ocean in Canada. Check out more RBB sites and on YouTube.

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Welcome back! :) :)

Radiant Bridge

Post by Radiant Bridge »

Hi Michael, welcome to the forum! I'm from Pennsylvania, America. Like you, I was part of the original Rainbow Brite craze in the eighties and still have most of my toys from the time. You share a small spotlight with the member Nayru due to your nativity. American fans have a unique interest in European Rainbow Brite items that never made it to this continent, especially the beloved Moonglo doll that was exclusively in Germany. Your English isn't bad.

Regina

Post by Regina »

Hi there and Welcome.
Happy to have someone from the other side of the ocean here! I am from London UK and love rainbow Brite since the 80's! What other 80s cartoons do you like???

RedRaven78

Post by RedRaven78 »

Regina wrote:Hi there and Welcome.
Happy to have someone from the other side of the ocean here! I am from London UK and love rainbow Brite since the 80's! What other 80s cartoons do you like???
Thanks a lot for your nice Welcome ImageI'm glad to meet so many people who also like Rainbow Brite like I do. I was regularly watching cartoons on Saturday morning during the 80s. I remember well the Care Bears, Diplodos, Snorks, Yogi Bear, Bugs Bunny, Tom&Jerry, Sylvester & Tweety, The Jetsons, The Flintstones, Dr Snuggles and Scooby Doo.

What other 80s cartoons do you like?

By the way I often thought about doing a trip to London. Maybe next year..

Every time when darkness occupies your mind
remember Rainbow's colors dearly kind.
Even if you can't see she'll have an eye on thee.

Think colorful !

Regina

Post by Regina »

RedRaven78 wrote:
Regina wrote:Hi there and Welcome.
Thanks a lot for your nice Welcome ImageI'm glad to meet so many people who also like Rainbow Brite like I do. I was regularly watching cartoons on Saturday morning during the 80s. I remember well the Care Bears, Diplodos, Snorks, Yogi Bear, Bugs Bunny, Tom&Jerry, Sylvester & Tweety, The Jetsons, The Flintstones, Dr Snuggles and Scooby Doo.

What other 80s cartoons do you like?

By the way I often thought about doing a trip to London. Maybe next year..
Hi. I loved the Snorks too! I had all the figurines that my grandma bought me togheter with the smurfs :), I also like the Jem and the holograms, my little pony, lady lovely locks and the pixietails, cherry merry muffin. London is a cool place to visit. I have been to germany about 3 years ago I went to Berlin and i really liked it :)