An Old fan

Crafty Blond

An Old fan

Post by Crafty Blond »

Hi,

I am Randi. I will be 26 on the 23rd...so 26 in 6 days. I loved Rainbow Brite when I was a tiny girl. I had the dolls, sheets movie and all. Mom tossed them when she was convined I was to old.

My name comes from being a crafter. I quilt, sew, latch hook, and x stitch. I just finished a Rainbow Brite Piece. Last year I found a gem in the way of the RB vintage x stitch book. It is one of my faves.

Here is a picture of her: http://carebearcrafter.islesofatlantis.net/wordpress/?p=16
Let your dreams fly as your soar into the sky

Rainbowbrite84

Re: An Old fan

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Hi Randi! Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy you're time here :)

Maki

Post by Maki »

Hi Randi, welcome to the Rainbow Brite forums.

You can stil watch Rainbow Brite on YouTube.

Crafty Blond

Post by Crafty Blond »

I hope so too. It's been so long since I have seen RB. My only connection to it now is my x stitch books and memories.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Welcome :)
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Welcome to the boards! I'm Rachel, but I go by Chibi here for short. I'm 22 and a recent fan of Rainbow Brite. My main talent is fanfiction work, and RB is no different and my current focus. YouTube certainly has the tv episodes and the movie. Just search for Rainbow Brite and you'll find all sorts. User "NewRainbowLand" has both the movie and episodes.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Crafty Blond

Post by Crafty Blond »

I write fanfiction too, but it's not apporite for anyone under 18 as it is mostly dark themed. I have an orginal story, but it is way to dark to let people here read it.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Crafty Blond wrote:I write fanfiction too, but it's not apporite for anyone under 18 as it is mostly dark themed. I have an orginal story, but it is way to dark to let people here read it.
I read the first few words and thought you were going to say it was a lemon :P Don't be fooled. Just because it's an RB forum doesn't mean that everyone would write sunshine and rainbows :)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

I loved Rainbow Brite when I was a tiny girl. I had the dolls, sheets movie and all. Mom tossed them when she was convined I was to old.
Same thing with me, but with Care Bears. I convinced Mom by telling her how much any edition of 80's toys would go for on the internet and It's better than drugs. I am in middle school/high school and may get picked on for it, but I have the rare antiques I can sell for much more than I paid for them. (Now who's laughing, I'll sell my SSC/CB/Pound Puppies/Pound Purries/MLP to a local antique dealer)

Crafty Blond

Post by Crafty Blond »

Mom thru out my CB's too. I have all the CB stitch books, SSC, RB, and pound puppies. The vintage ones.