How Do You Feel About The New Rainbow Brite?

Starlight_84

How Do You Feel About The New Rainbow Brite?

Post by Starlight_84 »

My opinion on the good side is that she's pretty. My opinion on the bad side is that she's too old, her dress is too short, and she basically looks like a Bratz style cartoon. I know she's appealing to older girls, girls that are going into teenage years maybe around 10 to 12 years old I'm not sure. Anyway, I realize that some companies that created toys in the 80's like Care Bears, My Little Pony, etc are now keeping up with the new generation of girls and making everything more updated. I seriously don't like it. I also read that some of the names of the characters are being changed, which is terrible in my opinion. But hey, there's nothing I can do about it. I'm going to focus more on living in the past I guess and enjoy the 80's version of Rainbow Brite. Sorry if I'm very negative but I have a very negative reaction to this.

Made By: Tennyo

WishBear2001

Re: How Do You Feel About The New Rainbow Brite?

Post by WishBear2001 »

I feel positive about all looks of Rainbow (1984, 1996, 2004, 2009) and we should wait for toys and videos before making a biased decision. I wore a Rainbow Brite tee to Reading class today and got positive reactions from popular 13-14 year olds, so if they like that tee, then they will love 2009 Rainbow.
I think changing the sprite names was wrong and so was Tickled Pink's haircut. 2009 Moonglo is ok with me, but I still think she should have got a different name and put the other one back in some form. Tickled Pink looks too much like Stephanie from Lazy Town. I really want the stickers and local stores run out before I get there. Oh well... at least it is easier to cosplay Rainbow really being a teen. :)

KittyBrite

Post by KittyBrite »

I'm going to wait until I see the toys before I make a decision. Any idea when they'll be coming out? "Fall" is kinda vague. That could be anywhere from late Sept to early Dec.

KittyBrite

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

I totally agree with the OP!
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

KittyBrite wrote:I'm going to wait until I see the toys before I make a decision. Any idea when they'll be coming out? "Fall" is kinda vague. That could be anywhere from late Sept to early Dec.

KittyBrite

Too vague when American Greetings talked of release of CB Share Bear Shines...

I still can't find the RB 2009 stickers ANYWHERE

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I've no idea why I never replied to this yet. I'ma slacker XD

My pet peeves with the relaunch can be found under the fanfic section of the boards called "Redesign Woes" or on fanfiction.net under the same name. I'm a bit better about the whole relaunch, but I'm still not too happy with it. What makes me feel better is just calling it "V 2.0". Thinking of it as a separate entity makes things a bit better on the brain. Plus, there's always fanfics and the like.

Though I can say that there are some people happy to have the relaunch so that they can share it with their daughters. One of my soccer parents saw my "Just Dance' shirt at practice one night and we started talking. She had no idea about the relaunch, and is happy that there will be something to show her daughters. She and her husband enjoy the 80's being brought back, even if it's not always true to the originals.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Chibi Rachy wrote:I've no idea why I never replied to this yet. I'ma slacker XD

My pet peeves with the relaunch can be found under the fanfic section of the boards called "Redesign Woes" or on fanfiction.net under the same name. I'm a bit better about the whole relaunch, but I'm still not too happy with it. What makes me feel better is just calling it "V 2.0". Thinking of it as a separate entity makes things a bit better on the brain. Plus, there's always fanfics and the like.

Though I can say that there are some people happy to have the relaunch so that they can share it with their daughters. One of my soccer parents saw my "Just Dance' shirt at practice one night and we started talking. She had no idea about the relaunch, and is happy that there will be something to show her daughters. She and her husband enjoy the 80's being brought back, even if it's not always true to the originals.
sorry if I'm late but I love companies bringing back the 80's no matter what the form

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

WishBear2001 wrote:sorry if I'm late but I love companies bringing back the 80's no matter what the form
So by that logic, you even liked the Rainbow Brite of 1996? Bringing back the 80's is good, but there's a line that must not be crossed... that RB version crossed it.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

I hated the 1996 RB, simply because they tried to pass her off as RB. She was a pretty doll and all but just not right.

That being said, I...just don't know how I feel. I don't like everyone getting their own horse, but that's rather small.

I also don't like RB having a wand and I don't like the new color belt, if it even has a function. I like the red with a small rainbow, not the entire thing being a rainbow. :/

Also I don't care if Twink is slang for something (never heard it until i came to this forum) but please don't change his name. :(

Tilas

Post by Tilas »

I'm waiting for the dolls and more products to appear before I cast judgment on the new line. Right now things are still too much in the prototype stage to tell.
My Deviant Art~ KeonaKii