Two more Rainbow Brite Mysteries Solved

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Two more Rainbow Brite Mysteries Solved

Post by Rainbow Brite »

We had already guessed that Tickled Pink would now be in charge of sunrises/sunsets, but Hallmark has now confirmed this. AND we now know where Wisp came from! EARTH!

http://www.valleyscenemagazine.com/kids/

I really hope they're going to delve into this backstory a bit and flesh it out. What would cause a 6 year old human girl to want to leave her family and rescue a far-away planet that nobody's ever heard of? If she returned to family after Rainbow Land was saved, she obviously wasn't an orphan. And how was Rainbow Land ever completely safe, with Murky and Lurky still around? I've got more questions than colors...lol
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

FanChan

Re: Two more Rainbow Brite Mysteries Solved

Post by FanChan »

I always kind of assumed she was from Earth. But it's too weird to think of her as a 'toddler'. I could see six or seven. Not three. @_@ Ah well, that's a small issue. A non-issue, really. It's great that they're making a story at all. They seem to have a healthy respect for the tv series, which makes me think they just might make videos. Granted, they'll almost certainly be computer generated like MLP and CB and Barbie, which makes me sad, but that's the way things are done today, so alas.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

I heard Hallmark mention apparel (please cross your fingers for girls plus sizes 16 and up)
Let's hope stickers are in our local Hallmark Gold Crown store soon...

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

FanChan wrote:I always kind of assumed she was from Earth. But it's too weird to think of her as a 'toddler'. I could see six or seven. Not three. @_@ Ah well, that's a small issue. A non-issue, really. It's great that they're making a story at all. They seem to have a healthy respect for the tv series, which makes me think they just might make videos. Granted, they'll almost certainly be computer generated like MLP and CB and Barbie, which makes me sad, but that's the way things are done today, so alas.
For some reason, I always imagined her as being from another planet. Especially since she never seemed to age. But now that we see her and the other kids aging, I guess it does make sense for her to be from Earth. I wonder if that means the rest of them are Earthlings as well?

And yeah, I always thought of them being around 6 or 7 too. Perhaps their definition of toddler extends beyond 3 or 4 year olds?

I totally hope they make videos :) I'm thrilled to see them respecting the old material.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Rainbow Brite wrote:For some reason, I always imagined her as being from another planet. Especially since she never seemed to age. But now that we see her and the other kids aging, I guess it does make sense for her to be from Earth. I wonder if that means the rest of them are Earthlings as well?

And yeah, I always thought of them being around 6 or 7 too. Perhaps their definition of toddler extends beyond 3 or 4 year olds?

I totally hope they make videos :) I'm thrilled to see them respecting the old material.

Well, the aging thing now presents its own paradoxes, since we know from the show that the kids are hundreds of years older than Rainbow, who herself is at least five hundred some years old. We'd presumed that this was because there was some sort of anti-aging component from being either one of the colour kids or by being in Rainbowland. But now that's not the case for the relaunch.

But, I suppose we expected a few paradoxes since a handful already exist xD
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

All things aside, it's an interesting article and we finally see a picture of Moonglo's horse as well. I dunno if anyone else caught it, but Shimmer has rather interesting colors.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

RainbowBrite1983

Post by RainbowBrite1983 »

the article was very interesting and its nice to finally get some kind of story behind rainbow and moonglow. although i never though of Rainbow as a toddler eather. I though of her being at least 6 or 7 maybe even 8 years old. her chacter is pretty mature for the age she is resembling in the show. I never really though of rainbow being from earth. I thought she came from another planet was just sent from there to help save rainbowland and became its forever protector. I cant imagine rainbow leaving rainbowland. if thats the case then the story seems to be getting a little bit confusing bc with people like murky and lurky and the evil princess i would think that Rainbow was permently staying in rainbowland to keep it safe. also im not sure about the aging thing. i guess this is just hallmarks way of trying to get todays young girls in to rainbow when they relaunch her this fall.

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

RainbowBrite1983 wrote: i guess this is just hallmarks way of trying to get todays young girls in to rainbow when they relaunch her this fall.

Stormy2009 and I have been fans of Rainbow Brite since a few months before anyone knew about the 2009 relaunch and we love the 80's look so at least we got our wish for oldskool tees in our sizes. :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

RainbowBrite1983 wrote:the article was very interesting and its nice to finally get some kind of story behind rainbow and moonglow. although i never though of Rainbow as a toddler eather. I though of her being at least 6 or 7 maybe even 8 years old. her chacter is pretty mature for the age she is resembling in the show. I never really though of rainbow being from earth. I thought she came from another planet was just sent from there to help save rainbowland and became its forever protector. I cant imagine rainbow leaving rainbowland. if thats the case then the story seems to be getting a little bit confusing bc with people like murky and lurky and the evil princess i would think that Rainbow was permently staying in rainbowland to keep it safe. also im not sure about the aging thing. i guess this is just hallmarks way of trying to get todays young girls in to rainbow when they relaunch her this fall.
I am happy that there is a story, but I just don't agree with said story. Obviously, the story will work with the newer generation, especially if they've never seen Rainbow Brite before. So for that it's well and good.

But for the rest, well to me it just doesn't fit. RB was certainly not a toddler in the original, and I too pegged her between 6 and 8. Even saying she was six still fits the "several years later" bit. What really doesn't make sense is why she'd leave. Without her to take over, and with Tickled Pink and Moonglo having aged, well, what happened to the the rest of the inhabitants? And why isn't Rainbow Land destroyed if Murky and Lurky and all other space evils were so bent on taking it and the Color Belt? Did Rainbow take the Color Belt with her? And if so, why wasn't there a massive attack on Earth to get it (in a Power Ranger-esque fashion of course). Also, this whole Earth thing makes me think of that Robot Chicken short.

I think in the end there are a lot of questions to tie into the timeline, but it appears there's a break in it, an alternate universe (or AU) function at work here. At least, that's the easy way to explain it. Personally, I won't do fanfic exploring this relaunch or anything to do with it, but that's certainly me, and not every fanfic author.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

Well it explains where Rainbow came from LOL maybe they can fill in some other huge gaps 0_o I'll try to contact her .....