Rainbow Brite Toys R Us Exclusive Products

Rainbow Brite UK

Rainbow Brite Toys R Us Exclusive Products

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Greetings fans!

New information about Rainbow Brite has been released!

Toys R Us to release exclusive dolls, plus a new OFFICIAL site to be launched in November.

"Rainbow Brite’s master toy licensee Playmates Toys will be unveiling its much anticipated line of a contemporized fashion dolls and horses exclusively at Toys R’ Us in time for holiday 2009, honoring the nostalgic look, indomitable spirit and energy that Rainbow Brite embodies with a trendy tween redesign that girls will adore. "

This is getting really exciting, folks!

Chibi Rachy

Re: Rainbow Brite Toys R Us Exclusive Products

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Awesome find! :) At least we now know where to begin looking when all the holiday merchandise rolls out :)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

This:

...a new innovative program launch is underway featuring Rainbow
and her best friends Tickled Pink and Moonglow.

is a pretty good sign that those three are the only three that we'll be seeing for this relaunch. So much for the rest of the characters T-T

Even so, I'm excited to see what everything will look like.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

um, I thought we already knew that the new rb dolls were coming out in fall 2009. Am I missing something or is this nothing new?
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:um, I thought we already knew that the new rb dolls were coming out in fall 2009. Am I missing something or is this nothing new?
You're missing something :P The holiday release will be in Toys 'R Us stores only. Other stores will follow after the holiday season. It helps us narrow down where to look come the holiday flood of toy releases
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Gimme gimme GIMME GIMME!!!!!!! New RB dolls om nom nom!
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Chibi Rachy wrote:You're missing something :P The holiday release will be in Toys 'R Us stores only. Other stores will follow after the holiday season. It helps us narrow down where to look come the holiday flood of toy releases

What I found funny is the only thing different between this press release and the previous one, is they added the Toys R Us "headline" to it. All the body text is exactly the same. I was expecting some pictures or something.

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Rainbowbrite84 kindly sent me a sheet of the stickers after neither of my local Wal-Marts had them and they are even more beautiful in person than on screen. I can't wait to see the new merchandise!
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

IndigoJoy wrote:Rainbowbrite84 kindly sent me a sheet of the stickers after neither of my local Wal-Marts had them and they are even more beautiful in person than on screen. I can't wait to see the new merchandise!
They are quite nice :) Watercolor sent me 2 sheets and I'm really thinking of using one to decorate the backside of my laptop. I need something to replace the old daycare pictures anyway.

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Starvoyager wrote: What I found funny is the only thing different between this press release and the previous one, is they added the Toys R Us "headline" to it. All the body text is exactly the same. I was expecting some pictures or something.

On the contrary, StarVoyager. The press releases are different.

The October 2008 Press release is here, if you wish to compare.

The new information in this new press release is as follows:

1: Toys R Us is getting the toys exclusively this holiday season.

2: Other dolls will follow at select retailers in 2010.

3:
Empowering a new generation of girls to spread hope and happiness, a new innovative program launch is underway featuring Rainbow and her best friends Tickled Pink and Moonglow.
When I read "a new innovative program launch"....I read "new animated show". Toys R Us is known for carrying not old dolls, but DVD released animated programs (Strawberry Shortcake, Holly Hobbie, Polly World *Polly Pocket*, My Little Pony, and more!) I wouldn't be surprised if one is being made for this as well. :)

4: And another new piece of information would be the launch of the new https://www.rainbowbrite.com in November 2009.

As for you're hunger for new pictures of products, we are working on trying to get some, but until then be patient. Be happy Rainbow Brite is being reborn. "Cheer up, Glum face!"