Press Release: Two Colorful Programs for Rainbow Brite

Rainbow Brite UK

Press Release: Two Colorful Programs for Rainbow Brite

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Hello fans,
I was doing some checking and found that in February 2009, United Media released a statement that Rainbow Brite would be giving 2 designs.
The first is the classic, nostalgic ‘80s look which already has traction from junior apparel licensees. The second look is a refreshed, contemporary design which shows younger girls a role model who is socially-aware, inspirational and innovative.

I hope this makes you feel better about the new designs.

Read the full artical here

EDIT: I also wanted to add this most resent release about the dolls:

Rainbow Brite's master toy licensee Playmates will be unveiling its much anticipated line of a contemporized fashion dolls and horses that will be available at select retailers nationwide in time for holiday 2009. Rainbow Brite plush, small dolls, large dolls, and play sets will follow at other select retailers in 2010.

Have a Rainbow Day!

Rainbow Brite UK

TheWendybird

Re: Press Release: Two Colorful Programs for Rainbow Brite

Post by TheWendybird »

Rainbow Brite UK wrote:Hello fans,
I was doing some checking and found that in February 2009, United Media released a statement that Rainbow Brite would be giving 2 designs.
The first is the classic, nostalgic ‘80s look which already has traction from junior apparel licensees. The second look is a refreshed, contemporary design which shows younger girls a role model who is socially-aware, inspirational and innovative.

I hope this makes you feel better about the new designs.

Have a Rainbow Day!
Rainbow Brite UK
Wow I'm confused does this mean that old school Rainbow will be re-released with new merchandise as well?
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

TheWendybird wrote:

Wow I'm confused does this mean that old school Rainbow will be re-released with new merchandise as well?

At this time it only seems to be "junior apparel" or clothing, but with both images around we may see dolls too. They did that to Strawberry Shortcake when they first released her, years ago.

Right now, it's only the toys that are changing, but you can expect clothing, from the looks of things.

Retro Rainbow Brite has not been forgotten.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

That's interesting that, if we're reading it right, they'll do two different sets of designs. I suppose Playmates might stick with the contemporary, while the older design is done on clothing and such? This'll be an interesting release if they combine the two. Now we have even more to keep an eye out for...
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Rainbow Brite UK wrote:
TheWendybird wrote:

At this time it only seems to be "junior apparel" or clothing, but with both images around we may see dolls too. They did that to Strawberry Shortcake when they first released her, years ago.

Right now, it's only the toys that are changing, but you can expect clothing, from the looks of things.

Retro Rainbow Brite has not been forgotten.
YAYZ! I hope this means more stuff will come out thats retro besides that :) *fingers crossed* Still hoping the new design dolls turn out nice too but I really like Old school Rainbow :)
*~*~Krista~*~*

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

I wonder if it will be like the Care Bears and SSC that carlton did, where they sold old skool products in store like plushies and ornaments (which i loved) while selling some new stuff too but mostly retail chains had the new. I wouldn't mind that at all *drools thinking about Tickled Pink old skool merchandise*

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

*C9* wrote:I wonder if it will be like the Care Bears and SSC that carlton did, where they sold old skool products in store like plushies and ornaments (which i loved) while selling some new stuff too but mostly retail chains had the new. I wouldn't mind that at all *drools thinking about Tickled Pink old skool merchandise*
And don't forget with the old skool footwear ;) hehe
*~*~Krista~*~*

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

TheWendybird wrote:
*C9* wrote:I wonder if it will be like the Care Bears and SSC that carlton did, where they sold old skool products in store like plushies and ornaments (which i loved) while selling some new stuff too but mostly retail chains had the new. I wouldn't mind that at all *drools thinking about Tickled Pink old skool merchandise*
Oooh...shoes would be nice...I could actually wear them! XD
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
TheWendybird wrote:
Oooh...shoes would be nice...I could actually wear them! XD
Haha actually I was just kidding with her about the fact she doesn't like the look of the footwear in the new design but yes shoes WOULD be nice..and you know what i'd really like? Boots that look like Rainbows...oh lordy!
*~*~Krista~*~*

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

TheWendybird wrote:Haha actually I was just kidding with her about the fact she doesn't like the look of the footwear in the new design but yes shoes WOULD be nice..and you know what i'd really like? Boots that look like Rainbows...oh lordy!
Well, maybe we'll see some costumes for halloween...for once maybe at least the little kids can outshine that slutty version that's been around for years.