Rainbow Brite, the mixed drink!

IndigoJoy

Rainbow Brite, the mixed drink!

Post by IndigoJoy »

http://twitpic.com/4b80d

I don't know where this restaurant or bar is, but the ingredients (assuming this person got the entire recipe in the picture) appear to be:

Smirnoff Passion Fruit Vodka, pineapple juice, and melon liquer, shaken with fresh fruit.

Since I'm not a big drinker and I don't like melon anyways, if you try it let me know how it tastes!

***Edited to add***
I tweeted the girl who took the pic to ask where it was taken. It's at the Reagle Beagle in Chicago. Isn't that the name of the restaurant from Three's Company? Sure enough it is! Their dishes are even named after characters from the show!

http://www.reaglebeaglechicago.com/

I have a feeling that since it's in Chicago I'm going to be the one elected to go try it!
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Chibi Rachy

Re: Rainbow Brite, the mixed drink!

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Seems like it'd be too sweet for me, but I'd be all for trying it if I lived near there. I don't really like mixed drinks all that well; the ones I go for tend to be too sweet or I can't stand the taste. A simple smirnoff ice or Mike's works best for me :)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

I love sweet mixed drinks, so maybe I'll take a crack at this in a couple weeks. I guess I'll have to assume that the fruit is standard fruit-salad stuff. Though I wish I knew if it was just stuck on the side of the glass, or actually stirred into the drink.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

omg that is too cool! I also love it when restaurants name the foods on their kids meal after characters...
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Here's a similar recipe you can find anywhere online... Rainbow Brite is the shortened name for it. Rainbow Brite Blowing Sunshine Up Your Butt seems to be the full name.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

I guess it's like the James Bond Martini. Shaken, not stired.Image

The only mixed drink I like is when I mix sodas at the self-serve fountains at the local convenience store.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Given that I don't like melon, that one sounds more like something I'd like, Chibi Rachy.

You do that too, Major Ursa?
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

IndigoJoy wrote:
You do that too, Major Ursa?

I do that sometime when I feel like it. My favorite soda mix is called Black Gold. It was a dring mix combination of 75% Dr. Pepper (or Mr. Pibb). and 25% Coca-Cola (or Pepsi) I found a Burger King.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.