What are the diff. between the rainbow brite DVD releases?

incastar

What are the diff. between the rainbow brite DVD releases?

Post by incastar »

release?

Jetix R2 release, R1 RB special edition release and the German Release?

rumors:

The Jetix R2 release didn't have intro song.

R1 RB special edition didn't got the orginal intro song.

So what is that song like????

German release??? Out of Stock already.

My question:

What is the best release?

SunSpire
Site Admin

Re: What are the diff. between the rainbow brite DVD releases?

Post by SunSpire »

The german release is still available at KARSTADT super stores:

Regina Regenbogen DVD @ Karstadt

Jetix released 3 DVD's in the UK with all 13 episodes of the show, the same RB commercial is in front of EVERY single episode (annoying) the show's intro scene is skipped completely.

The RB Megadisc released in the UK only features 12 of the 13 episodes, and so does the australian DVD release.

The german DVD release uses the movie's picture as cover, it's a 3-disc set featuring all 13 of the episodes and includes BONUS MATERIAL such as interviews with the german voicecast.

I dunno what R1 RB special edition is supposed to be, but the 3 UK discs play the movie credits' song rather than the TV show's one at the end of each episode.

That's all the differences I can think of. The best set would have to be the 3 discs by Jetix released seperately in the UK as this is the only "english" set that has all 13 episodes. For those able to understand german I recommend the german release as it is the only release in the world that features bonus material.

I found the Jetix DVD's at HMV and other local DVD stores just before they were sold out a few years ago, whew! :)

Jetix is owned by Disney Enterprises btw. Hence the Disney logo on the DVD's main menu ;)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

incastar

Post by incastar »

THX for the information.
I will hunt for the Jetix release if they are still available.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Amazon Links:

DVD Volume 1 (this one carries the FoxKids logo, the predecessor brand of Jetix)
DVD Volume 2
DVD Volume 3

Hope this helps :)

This is the 2004/05 release which I got myself, I noticed there's also 2007 discs available on amazon but it doesn't say which episodes they include so I'd be careful.

These are Region 2 PAL DVD's!!

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Have a Look Here!

"SunSpire"
</a>*
[/html]

TravDismal

Post by TravDismal »

Just a note :

The German disc contains the english audio track and boast remastered picture. Also, it's cheaper to import than ordering each individual Jetix disc.

incastar

Post by incastar »

TravDismal wrote:Just a note :

The German disc contains the english audio track and boast remastered picture. Also, it's cheaper to import than ordering each individual Jetix disc.

Can you confirm this release has a English audio track?

How many discs is the new release?

THX

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

There's also a set of four DVD's from France released by Deal Memo and DIC. All 13 episodes are included.

There are some glitches on the covers. The contents of Volume 3 are repeated on Volume 4 but this is only on the cover. The actual Volume 4 DVD has the correct episodes on it. All except Volume 2 have three episodes each. Volume 2 has four. Oddly enough, one of the DVD's with three episodes has a run time of 105 minutes on the cover while the rest of them have a run time of 80 minutes on the cover, including the one with four episodes.

They are easily available on Amazon France for almost nothing but they are Region 2 PAL so they won't work in Quebec.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!