Reasons why I think Sunriser is Tickled Pink's horse.

Dialga-Brite

Reasons why I think Sunriser is Tickled Pink's horse.

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Here's why I think Sunriser is Tickled Pink's horse, please tell me what you think of my opinions. :)

1. The obvious reason. Tickled Pink and Sunriser are both pink.

2. Moonglo and Sunriser may both be celestial names, but the thing is they're OPPOSITES. I wouldn't give a night-themed kid a day-themed horse anymore than I'd give Rainbow a gloom-themed horse. I think "Shimmer" sounds like a more fitting name for Moonglo's horse. In fact, I can almost picture in my head what Shimmer looks like, as being a horse with silvery night-themed colors.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Rainbowbrite84

Re: Reasons why I think Sunriser is Tickled Pink's horse.

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

I agree with you. Sunriser is a more fitting name for Tickled Pink, not Moonglo. But you never know, someone might have been trying to be clever and thought it would be cool for the names Moonglo and Sunriser to be opposites. It just makes more sense for Sunriser to be Tickled Pink's horse

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

As well the sprites named her Sunriser becasue she came up early before Sunrise to watch Starlite. There is no relation to her name with the sun other than that. We could even say Starlite could go with Moonglo because he has Star in his name.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Dialga-Brite wrote:Here's why I think Sunriser is Tickled Pink's horse, please tell me what you think of my opinions. :)

1. The obvious reason. Tickled Pink and Sunriser are both pink.

2. Moonglo and Sunriser may both be celestial names, but the thing is they're OPPOSITES. I wouldn't give a night-themed kid a day-themed horse anymore than I'd give Rainbow a gloom-themed horse. I think "Shimmer" sounds like a more fitting name for Moonglo's horse. In fact, I can almost picture in my head what Shimmer looks like, as being a horse with silvery night-themed colors.
On Sunriser's box it even says and shows that Sunriser is Tickled Pink's horse. I think your right. I wonder if they continued making the RB episodes in the 80's they would've clarified that. I wish that there was more.

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

This may have nothing to do with Sunriser's origin. But obviously someone would've 'adopted her after "A Horse of a Different Color", so why not the kid who is of the same color?

It'll be interesting to see what Hallmark is doing with their re-release with Rainbow, Moonglo, and Pink. It's rumored that there will be a horse for each of them. Will Sunriser be one of them? And if so, who will she belong to?

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Regarding Sunriser in the show, they said that she never let anyone ride her. Even Stormy said that she must really like Rainbow to let her ride her, and even then, we can tell it's only because letting Rainbow ride her meant saving Starlite. She was a purely wild horse. I don't see anyone taming her. But for the sake of merchandise, it would just look better to have her with Tickled Pink.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Starvoyager wrote:This may have nothing to do with Sunriser's origin. But obviously someone would've 'adopted her after "A Horse of a Different Color", so why not the kid who is of the same color?

It'll be interesting to see what Hallmark is doing with their re-release with Rainbow, Moonglo, and Pink. It's rumored that there will be a horse for each of them. Will Sunriser be one of them? And if so, who will she belong to?

Yes, Sunriser will be one of them, although I don't know who she'll belong to, but I'm guesing Tickled Pink. The new horse "Shimmer" who I mentioned in my post will also be one of them, who I'm guessing will be Moonglo's horse and can easily picture with silvery nighttime colors.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

FanChan wrote:Regarding Sunriser in the show, they said that she never let anyone ride her. Even Stormy said that she must really like Rainbow to let her ride her, and even then, we can tell it's only because letting Rainbow ride her meant saving Starlite. She was a purely wild horse. I don't see anyone taming her. But for the sake of merchandise, it would just look better to have her with Tickled Pink.
Me thinking Sunriser is TP's horse has nothing to do with the way it was on the merchandise. My main reasoning is strictly the reasons in my first post. While the merchandise does suggest that sunriser is tickled pink's horse, that is contradicted by her being a wild horse on the show. That does however, also contradict the theory of her being Moonglo's horse.:)

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Dialga-Brite wrote:
FanChan wrote:Regarding Sunriser in the show, they said that she never let anyone ride her. Even Stormy said that she must really like Rainbow to let her ride her, and even then, we can tell it's only because letting Rainbow ride her meant saving Starlite. She was a purely wild horse. I don't see anyone taming her. But for the sake of merchandise, it would just look better to have her with Tickled Pink.

Me thinking Sunriser is TP's horse has nothing to do with the way it was on the merchandise. My main reasoning is strictly the reasons in my first post. While the merchandise does suggest that sunriser is tickled pink's horse, that is contradicted by her being a wild horse on the show. That does however, also contradict the theory of her being Moonglo's horse.:)

Am I missing something, or was there really no reason to quote what I said for that post?
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

I'm too lazy to go watch the episode now. Did anyone say they actually 'tried' to ride her, or was it just assumed? She was obviously warming up to everyone, and she's obviously at least relaxed enough to have a crowd around her now, where previously, she wouldn't let anyone near her. To call a horse unrideable based on what went on in the episode would be giving up way too fast. Animals in many ways are just like people. Some are more shy than others. Sunriser is obviously warming up to the idea.