colony there?

~Katy~
RainbowBrite.net
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Re: Do humans live on Rainbow Land?

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Perhaps the author went a little too AU on us?

Although, that last paragraph suggests that it was on Earth it seems, the "got back to Rainbow Land" bit.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

What does AU stand for?

And I totally didn't notice that at the end...although I typed it myself...lol! Yeah, that would suggest they were elsewhere. Although I've always found it strange that the planet seems to be called Rainbow Land as opposed to a particular area on the planet. It seems like it's used in both contexts.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rainbow Brite wrote:What does AU stand for?

And I totally didn't notice that at the end...although I typed it myself...lol! Yeah, that would suggest they were elsewhere. Although I've always found it strange that the planet seems to be called Rainbow Land as opposed to a particular area on the planet. It seems like it's used in both contexts.
AU = Alternate Universe. It's a term used in fanfiction when you brace off from the storyline or use elements or pairings that don't exist, or aren't canon. It's used to explain some of the changes that wouldn't normally make sense otherwise.

Yeah I was looking for hints when I read it. That's the only thing to go on without pictures and such. I suppose you could call the entire planet RL, as there aren't any separate areas besides the Pits that are truly major. The planet could be like a giant country, except the Pits has decided to separate into its own area.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

It could be less a planet and more a realm. If you substitute the general idea of their travelling through space for travelling through 'dimensions' or realms, it has a little bit more merit.

But I think Katy has a point with the grunge buggy. That could be just a slip of the author. They couldn't use the buggy to travel to Spectra. Though, I'm pretty sure Murky and Lurky never went to Earth, period. All of their sabotage work was done in Rainbow Land. Confusing @_@

Oh, and Katy, if we see typos, would you like us to point them out? Email you, or perhaps make a thread? If that's been explained somewhere else, then I apologize for my noob-ness. >.<
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:It could be less a planet and more a realm. If you substitute the general idea of their travelling through space for travelling through 'dimensions' or realms, it has a little bit more merit.

But I think Katy has a point with the grunge buggy. That could be just a slip of the author. They couldn't use the buggy to travel to Spectra. Though, I'm pretty sure Murky and Lurky never went to Earth, period. All of their sabotage work was done in Rainbow Land. Confusing @_@

Oh, and Katy, if we see typos, would you like us to point them out? Email you, or perhaps make a thread? If that's been explained somewhere else, then I apologize for my noob-ness. >.<
The Grunge Buggy makes things a bit harder... the author may also not have really known the series much beyond what they were to write and given to go on. I suppose certain liberties could have been taken, and since the target audience was so young, they never would have known.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Alternate Universe - gotcha :)

I try to take all RB info as canon unless it contradicts something else, and then I take the more 'valid' of the two (as in I'd go with something in the show rather than something in a story if they didn't agree). Sometimes it takes a little imagination to make it 'fit' but that's half the fun :)

Fanchan - interesting idea about realms and dimensions! Perhaps that's how Brian's key to Rainbow Land works? Although he seems to be able to travel through space just like Rainbow, Twink and Starlite do...hmm

Oh and please point out any typos you find so I can fix them :) Thanks!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Do you happen to have book it came from? If so, are there any distinguishing features in the scenery for the scenes? Rainbow Land tends to have a lot of star shapes with the plants.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

The dimensions/realms thing solves the whole 'how can they travel through space' problem.

Now for the typos I noticed....

"Get back onto the road?" bawled Murky

Huh...I was sure I saw another one. Maybe it was the grammar mistakes.

Though, I did notice something else besides the grunge buggy thing. The fog was apparently in both Rainbow Land and on Earth, if the kids are...are there any illustrations with this? Is it at all possible that the kids are Sprites?
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote: Though, I did notice something else besides the grunge buggy thing. The fog was apparently in both Rainbow Land and on Earth, if the kids are...are there any illustrations with this? Is it at all possible that the kids are Sprites?
It could be a double-effect thing. Wouldn't it be similar to a color drain in Rainbow Land having an effect on the colors on Earth?