New Rainbow Brite

Rainbowbrite84

New Rainbow Brite

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Hey, I was just wondering what everyone's opinion was about the new Rainbow Brite? I honestly like it. Its definitely not the original we all know and love, but it works. Just as long as they don't make her a raver, I'm happy.
Attachments
newrb.gif
newrb.gif (19.52 KiB) Viewed 2277 times

MoonGlow218

Re: New Rainbow Brite

Post by MoonGlow218 »

I agree, I hope they don't make her a raver. I'm sure she'll come out looking wonderful though. :)

I can't wait to get myself a new Rainbow Brite doll. I've been waiting too long for them to release the dolls again! Can't wait!!!!

:rbmoonglow:

RainbowBrite1983

Post by RainbowBrite1983 »

its cute and im excitied about the new dolls and i cant wait to see them and buy every single one lol but I just dont like that they decided to turn her in to almost a teenager. But i will say as long as the dolls arent made to look like sluts or tomboys like what they did with Strawberry Shortcake then Im good.

SwordKing

Post by SwordKing »

I'm just wondering if we're going to get a new cartoon series out of this.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I dunno. The design's okay, but something's lost with the "updated" look.
SwordKing wrote:I'm just wondering if we're going to get a new cartoon series out of this.
I don't think I'd be able to stand it... when they made Anne of Green Gables into a cartoon for today's kids using all kinds of junk that would have never existed in the realm of the books and current movies, the real Anne was lost. They focused on on what could be taught morally than what was in the books and presenting it for entertainment.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

The new SSC isn't bad but the new toddler-ized Care Bears is awful. It depends on how close they keep it to the original.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

IndigoJoy wrote:The new SSC isn't bad but the new toddler-ized Care Bears is awful. It depends on how close they keep it to the original.
True... and with some of the companies, they only care about making a quick buck off the merchandise line...forget the quality of the show and how it stands to the original
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Her colors are very saturated. It reminds me of the early 90s...
She looks to be a cross between classic Rainbow Brite and modern anime.

But I'll reserve judgment until I see the actual product. :)

idistractedyou

Post by idistractedyou »

The update isn't horrible it feels respectful to the original design while making her look more contemporary for today's children. Remember we're not the target audience for this today's children are. Some properties can be relaunched with no change because they're designs are timeless (Ie; The Smurfs) but occassionally things need to be updated. I'm curious how well this will sell and/or how it will be marketed. I doubt it can be handled worse than the lackluster previous relaunch.

Patreek

Post by Patreek »

Its fine... i mean... i still like the orig design more. I'd rather them update the STYLE of how she is depicted than the actual clothing design changed. Like draw her in that style but with the same old outfit. This new outfit seems kinda blah and not very memorable. That said its 90 times better than what I feared they do with her so... lol