Newborn Star

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Newborn Star

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I just found some pictures from an old toy catalog that an online friend emailed me 10 years ago that I'd completely forgotten about. But after doing a google search, it looks like Galacticatt already knew about this doll ;)

http://reviews.ebay.com/Unreleased-Rain ... 0004563926

Well if you didn't know about her, you can read up on her there. And here are a couple better pictures of her:

The description in the catalog reads as follows:

She's Rainbow Land's youngest doll! Children will love combing her soft baby hair and dressing her from head to toe. Newborn Star comes with her own bonnet, booties, bib and comb. Four-color box.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Dialga-Brite

Re: Newborn Star

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Cool, I want one! :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Cool, I always thought that the cuddle star was just for Baby Brite!

~Jenny~

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

Did they actually release her or is she another stormy doll?

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

*C9* wrote:Did they actually release her or is she another stormy doll?
Another Stormy situation, sadly.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

I never heard of Newborn Star before this. I wonder if she could be the baby from Beginnings of Rainbowland that turns out to be the Sphere of Light or maybe a sibling of Baby Brite.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Major Ursa wrote:I never heard of Newborn Star before this. I wonder if she could be the baby from Beginnings of Rainbowland that turns out to be the Sphere of Light or maybe a sibling of Baby Brite.
I thought Baby Brite herself was the sphere of light baby... ? I could've been wrong though.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Whew, I'm glad they didn't release her! :lol:

Nah I'm kidding, but it really is more of a girls toy and doesn't fit in too well with the other RB merchandise. Reminds me of Baby Brite which I also thought was rather out of place.

But really good find ... sheesh, you let the fans in suspense for 10 years?? lol

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Dialga-Brite wrote:I thought Baby Brite herself was the sphere of light baby... ? I could've been wrong though.
You're correct. I don't know how Newborn Star would've fit into the mythos. Going from her name, my husband suggested that she could be a newborn star that fell to Rainbow Land and the Kids decide to take care of her. lol
But really good find ... sheesh, you let the fans in suspense for 10 years?? lol
I have NO idea why I didn't do anything with the pics back when my friend emailed them to me...guess I was really busy at the time? lol

I remembered the doll in the back of my mind, but thought I'd lost the images and maybe it was all a dream...haha. Glad to see I'm not insane!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

You're correct. I don't know how Newborn Star would've fit into the mythos. Going from her name, my husband suggested that she could be a newborn star that fell to Rainbow Land and the Kids decide to take care of her. lol
That's a cute idea, I like it. :)