Too Cute

Treasure_House

Too Cute

Post by Treasure_House »

Okay, so this is too cute...

I took my 8yr old son to the storage unit today. Had to get a few things out. He wasn't much help. Rather play than help. So I tossed my large Lurky doll at him along with an even larger stuffed horse. So while he was having a ball with the two items I threw a stuffed pink elephant at him. Told him he could keep the elephant. Should have seen him!! :P

So anyway, I was about ready to leave the unit when he started in on his "lets play a million questions" game. All of which were about Lurky. I told him it's a Rainbow Brite toy from the cartoon. So all the way home all he talked about was the cartoon. About an hour or so before he was suppose to go to bed I popped in "The Beginning of Rainbow Land". Given the fact he's a boy and more interested in Trasformers, I didn't think he'd care for Rainbow Brite. But to stop the questioning, I put the tape in to see how he'd react.

I'm sitting here half expecting him to go a little nuts and tell me it's a "girl's show". Like Power Puffs or Dora the Explorer.

:unsure:

So here we are, side by side, watching this show and he laughed so hard he fell off the bed and hit the floor. He absolutely adores Lurky. And now he wants a Lurky doll so he can sleep with it at night.

:wacko: Makes me wonder what it is I just started here... LOL...
When In Doubt - Check It Out

http://www.wix.com/treasure_house/index

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Too Cute

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Awwwwwwwwwwww that's adorable!!! I just watched both parts of The Mighty Monstromurk Menace with my niece last week...it was great! :bg:
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Wardah

Too Cute

Post by Wardah »

That's the thing about Rainbow Brite. Despite the fact that the main character was a girl it really isn't overly frilly and girly. I am sure many a boy back in the day had a sprite or two or maybe a Lurky.

Clinozoisite

Too Cute

Post by Clinozoisite »

My older brother loved watching Rainbow Brite with me when I was a kid. :)

That's cool that your son likes it.

silverorangetears

Too Cute

Post by silverorangetears »

both my niece and my fiance's niece love rainbow brite because of me ^^

they're both just 4, but they beg to watch "the rainbow" when they see me, it's too cute! i bought them both the new 18inch doll, and my niece gets a vintage doll along with her christmas gifts each year :)

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Too Cute

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Little Alix, my GF's grand daughter loves to watch the Blondine episodes in French and sleeps with the large RB Cuddle Pillow doll every night. She even has two sets of the DVDs and two of the cuddle pillows. One is at home and the other is at grandma's house, about a five minute walk from where she lives. She has some other RB stuff as well. I posted some photos of her on here in RB Discussions with the title of RAINBOW BRITE SIGHTING if anyone wants to have a look.

Right now my cat is taking a nap in Alix's pushchair, something I've never seen before.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Treasure_House

Too Cute

Post by Treasure_House »

:cool: We've so far watched "Beginning Of Rainbow Land", "Peril In The Pits", "Mighty Monstromurk", and "Star Stealer". Gonna finish up with the other eps in the next couple of days. Then I'll have him watch the two story book tapes, the zoo, and the birthday. He's also starting to get into Alvin and The Chipmunks. His favorite characters are; Simon, Murky, Lurky, Starlite, Brittany, and Red Butler. He says he likes Chris too and Onix. And he wants to be like Stormy when he grows up. So he can "control the weather"...

:blink:

Ummmm... Maybe I should remind him that Stormy isn't really a real person. Just a cartoon...

:bg:
When In Doubt - Check It Out

http://www.wix.com/treasure_house/index

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Too Cute

Who is Brittany?
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Too Cute

Post by Rainbow Brite »

She's one of the Chipettes.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Too Cute

Chipettes???

Oh, Mon Dieu!!!//OMG!!!

Ils n'existe pas durant mon enfance.//They didn't exist when I was growing up.