RB Horses Coming to Meijer Stores

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Re: RB Horses Coming to Meijer Stores

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

IndigoJoy wrote:This is partly why, although I live in a state with Meijer stores, I said that I could not get the horses for anyone. I was afraid that I'd end up having to charge people a fortune for shipping (which at this time I truly can't afford to lose money on and would need to be prepaid to boot) and have them be angry with me.

I am unfortunately familiar with how high shipping costs can be for funny-shaped things. On this board several years ago, I offered to give away the RB stove/dishwasher/fridge set for free (when I'd paid $30 for the set) and all the buyer had to do was pay shipping. Sadly, she never paid me and I foolishly sent it before she had, and was out $80 between packaging and shipping costs. (I asked her for $60 for shipping and ate the packaging costs myself.)

I think this same situation happened here once before when Gale was selling some of the vintage dolls at around $100. Someone complained and like Clinozoisite, she came in upset. I don't think anyone's complained since. And I'm not saying that you are wrong to feel the way you do... I can understand why, as I explained in my story above.

Please don't leave us Clinozoisite. Take a break, take a step back, but do come back to see us.

While I am lucky enough to be one of the people living near a Meijer and already have Starlite and Sunriser, if I wasn't, I wouldn't be worried yet. I would be waiting to see what comes to Toys 'R' Us and perhaps Target in the coming weeks. Perhaps it is blind hope, but I truly do believe they'll release the horses to a wider market. I guess we just have to wait and see.

You can go to www.usps.com and figure shipping costs from where you are to nearly anywhere in the world online. You'll need a ruler or tape measure to get the dimensions and a small scale to weigh the wrapped package. That will tell you right up front what the shipping costs will be. With that system, you'll always know the right price to ask so you don't come out short on the shipping costs. USPS uses cubic volume (length times width times height in inches) plus weight plus distance (there are eight zones within the USA) to figure rates. You can also get insurance costs and other special services like tracking numbers online, so it's all right there for you.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

:blush: I take personal responsibility for the negativity this thread has taken. I apologize to sellers I may have offended by saying they were “Taking advantage”. It was not my intention. It was an observation made in shock.

I'm sorry.
:bawl:

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

To everyone who is offering me advice on "how to be a better seller": thank you, but I've been selling on eBay for nine years - I've got it covered.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:You can go to http://www.usps.com and figure shipping costs from where you are to nearly anywhere in the world online. You'll need a ruler or tape measure to get the dimensions and a small scale to weigh the wrapped package. That will tell you right up front what the shipping costs will be. With that system, you'll always know the right price to ask so you don't come out short on the shipping costs. USPS uses cubic volume (length times width times height in inches) plus weight plus distance (there are eight zones within the USA) to figure rates. You can also get insurance costs and other special services like tracking numbers online, so it's all right there for you.
Sadly, that site is not always accurate. It told me a package to Australia would cost $13...then I got to the post office and it turned out to be more than $50! Ridiculous! Perhaps it's more accurate within the US than it is internationally.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Clinozoisite :

Your obstinacy doesn t appear very pleasant for me ! :angry:

You had the opportunity to soften your tone after reading that nobody wanted to attack you as a person. Since nobody knew that you are the seller it s absolutely unnecessary to feel offended.

This is the first time I am stressed out since I use this forum !

I will not write any more about that !

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:@ Clinozoisite :

Your obstinacy doesn t appear very pleasant for me ! :angry:

You had the opportunity to soften your tone after reading that nobody wanted to attack you as a person. Since nobody knew that you are the seller it s absolutely unnecessary to feel offended.

This is the first time I am stressed out since I use this forum !

I will not write any more about that !
No one said Clinozoisite had to listen to anyone here. As I said, it was the consumer's right to complain. We all do and compare deals. However, just because we believe something is right does not mean the person has to change anything. And I don't think you should expect Clinozoisite to either. You're not going to buy from them, so what's the problem?

As for the comment about USPS, I hate that site as well. Screwed up a package I was shipping for selling stuff on ebay. I had the weight right; I did it via Wii Fit to make sure of that, yet it cost more to send it at the post office than what the website said. It was only $1.62, but still.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Chibi :

I did not write that Clinozoisite should change anything ... nor do I expect anything.
For me this case is over and done !

punyichigo

Post by punyichigo »

I did not mean to offend anybody on this site or ebay, i was just giving my 2 cents regarding the horses that were being auctioned on ebay. i apologize to the ebay seller for coming off a bit rude(those were not my intentions).

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:
IndigoJoy wrote:This is partly why, although I live in a state with Meijer stores, I said that I could not get the horses for anyone. I was afraid that I'd end up having to charge people a fortune for shipping (which at this time I truly can't afford to lose money on and would need to be prepaid to boot) and have them be angry with me.

I am unfortunately familiar with how high shipping costs can be for funny-shaped things. On this board several years ago, I offered to give away the RB stove/dishwasher/fridge set for free (when I'd paid $30 for the set) and all the buyer had to do was pay shipping. Sadly, she never paid me and I foolishly sent it before she had, and was out $80 between packaging and shipping costs. (I asked her for $60 for shipping and ate the packaging costs myself.)

I think this same situation happened here once before when Gale was selling some of the vintage dolls at around $100. Someone complained and like Clinozoisite, she came in upset. I don't think anyone's complained since. And I'm not saying that you are wrong to feel the way you do... I can understand why, as I explained in my story above.

Please don't leave us Clinozoisite. Take a break, take a step back, but do come back to see us.

While I am lucky enough to be one of the people living near a Meijer and already have Starlite and Sunriser, if I wasn't, I wouldn't be worried yet. I would be waiting to see what comes to Toys 'R' Us and perhaps Target in the coming weeks. Perhaps it is blind hope, but I truly do believe they'll release the horses to a wider market. I guess we just have to wait and see.

You can go to http://www.usps.com and figure shipping costs from where you are to nearly anywhere in the world online. You'll need a ruler or tape measure to get the dimensions and a small scale to weigh the wrapped package. That will tell you right up front what the shipping costs will be. With that system, you'll always know the right price to ask so you don't come out short on the shipping costs. USPS uses cubic volume (length times width times height in inches) plus weight plus distance (there are eight zones within the USA) to figure rates. You can also get insurance costs and other special services like tracking numbers online, so it's all right there for you.

There are also private carriers like UPS, Fedex, DHL and so on. They also have websites where you can figure shipping costs before you send your package.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

I've been contacted in private regarding this topic and after reading through the comments I decided to close it. I believe everyone made their point clear, there's no need to stress it further.

Thanks for your understanding.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]