Pics of the new Tickled Pink, Moonglow, Sunriser and Sprites

*C9*

Re: Pics of the new Tickled Pink, Moonglow, Sunriser and Sprites

Post by *C9* »

Yes I hate Moonglo's hair, her peach color isd what made her unique.

Stormy having green would make no sense. For Moonglo's new shades at least they reflect dark night skies, green would make no sense.

Pink with the sun is obviously some iditots brain work at a board meeting with pink+sunriser= sun power....like god Sunriser has nothing to do with the sun!!!!! This how they proabaly got Moonglo's spelling too some people in a board room calling the color consle a color pole.

Watercolor
Admin

Post by Watercolor »

I like the new designs. Every action and change makes perfect sense.

Moonglow: Her costume echos the Moonglow costume we all grew up with, the moon belt, and double layer skirt. Her hair, also makes more sense. It is purple/indigo to match the night sky (something that “Indigo” was originally said to have colored, but now Moonglow is fully responsible...as it seems) They even had the head band and the same flowing long hair. This makes a lot more sense for it to be the color of the night sky then the light pink it was in the 1980's.

Tickled Pink: Yep, that is Tickled Pink. With her pink pigtails and pink costume with yellow accents.

The Symbols:

Tickled Pink: Sun: lovely! The yellow that contrasts with pink...like in a “Sunrise” or “Sunset” Those are the colors you see first think in the morning and at the twilight/sunset of the day. Pink and the golden sun. Which is why it is perfect that “Sunriser” also has those colors.

Moonglow: Moon: She was always a moon, so it makes perfect sense.

Rainbow Brite: Star: Stars, the crystal prisms of all colors...again, a very fitting symbol.

The new designs take focus away from mere colors and shine them on the natural things that make them. The silver moon, the pink of a golden sun setting in the day, and shinning stars

All are “Shining lights”. Each are a reason for the colors we see in life. Yes, it takes the focus off of rainbows and on the the symbols that cause them, but isn't that what we wanted? For our heroes to have friends, and for our friends to work together to make our world beautiful? It's what “Rainbow Brite” promised at the end of “Star Stealer”

To Hallmark...Bravo...I LOVE these new designs. If they were around when I was a child, I would have wanted them. Thank you for preserving, yet maturing my childhood for a new generation.

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

I agree Watercolor with what you say. I also have another thought to why Moonglo and Tickled Pink would be chosen to be first in the new line up.

1. They were the last of the newer characters along with Stormy (I define newer characters as having appeared in Star Stealer and the eight episodes made afterwards).

2. They had the least amount of lines in the episodes (Stormy and the Color Kids had more).

And as for Tickled Pink's Sun Wand, since the Color Kids all reprresent a color of the rainbow, they thought that she should have a bigger function than just looking cute and being helpfull.

Those are my thoughts on Moonglo and Tickled Pink.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

*arrives last minute to add input*Image

These new designs are beautiful. I may have to search for the stickers now.

BabyDoll

Post by BabyDoll »

Very nice. I really want to see what the actual dolls look like. To me, that is the true test of the quality of this new generation of Rainbow Brite. I like that this is not about trying to replicate the minutiae of the original Rainbow Brite, but rather to take the ethos of the idea and try a new approach with it. Sort of like the new 'Star Trek' movie.

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

I also felt this would be like Star trek. I mentioned in anoter topic on the same issue where the new Rainbow brite would be like The Next Generation version of Star Trek. Som older fans may object while others are willing to give it a chance along with any new fans.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

And as for Tickled Pink's Sun Wand, since the Color Kids all reprresent a color of the rainbow, they thought that she should have a bigger function than just looking cute and being helpfull.
But she didn't just look cute... she took care of the pastel colors!

Ugh, new Star Trek movie... making a Star Trek movie without the original cast is blasphemy. Image I like the ST:TNG movies better anyways. Need a Voyager movie.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I thought that hadn't been proven and was just fan speculation, wasn't it?
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:

It was shown in one of the 2004 coloring books. I don't know if it was shown anywhere else.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
Dialga-Brite wrote:

It was shown in one of the 2004 coloring books. I don't know if it was shown anywhere else.

Wow, so I didn't realize the 2004 stuff even payed attention to Tickled Pink! I assumed they were just rainbow, red, patty & canary like the dolls... so yeah that's cool!
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9