RB Horses Coming to Meijer Stores

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Re: RB Horses Coming to Meijer Stores

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Clinozoisite wrote:Is there anyone who still wants either Starlite or Sunriser? If so, I can buy some on my way back home on Monday.
I'd like two of each if you can swing it :)
I also went to my two local Target stores today, only to find that they no longer carry Rainbow Brite products. I even checked the labels underneath empty sections...nothing. Perhaps Playmates was unhappy with their Target distributors and have switched 100% to Meijer stores, where available?
Wow, that's REALLY strange!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Shimmer is probably in Alaska! :P Really, the way that the company is marketing them, I wouldn't doubt it.

I wonder if that horse is in Kentucky or Ohio? Does anyone know anybody from those states well enough that they can at least check those stores?

I don't know how they are planning to make this line work if nothing that they are doing makes any sense.

Can someone tell me if this is the way most toy lines start out like? I mean, as far as I know, theres no advertising for the dolls on TV, only in the Sparkle magazine that RB.UK posted. The website on Playmates toys is still "coming soon", and Hallmarks is still adding things a little at a time.

None of the toy stores or companies that I've called, talked to, or emailed have any clue about anything. Some are more helpful than others; but still gets nowhere.

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

BriteAsARainbow

Post by BriteAsARainbow »

Pm'd you, Clinozoisite. Thanks so much!

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Huh, my Target still has the dolls.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

BriteAsARainbow

Post by BriteAsARainbow »

I also went to my two local Target stores today, only to find that they no longer carry Rainbow Brite products. I even checked the labels underneath empty sections...nothing. Perhaps Playmates was unhappy with their Target distributors and have switched 100% to Meijer stores, where available?
Wow, that's REALLY strange![/quote]

Just because the shelves are empty doesn't mean that the store has stopped carrying the product. Most likely they are just temporarily sold out. They only gave a very small number of dolls to some Targets. Hopefully in "Spring" they will put out more.

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Went back to one of the Meijer stores tonight because my mom wanted to buy some clothes she saw there, and this time they only had 1 Sunriser.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

BriteAsARainbow wrote: Just because the shelves are empty doesn't mean that the store has stopped carrying the product. Most likely they are just temporarily sold out. They only gave a very small number of dolls to some Targets. Hopefully in "Spring" they will put out more.
Hence, me checking the product labels underneath the empty spaces. If they still stocked them, the product codes would still be on the shelves. They didn't have ANY for Rainbow Brite dolls, so I am assuming they no longer carry them at my local stores.

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

They are selling them on Ebay now...$39 + $17.45 shipping....INSULTING! Some people try to take advantage of us.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Last edited by Tom-sprite on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Well, at least it's cheaper than it was for the dolls that were selling at high prices.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire