Rainbowbrite.com is live

Patreek

Re: Rainbowbrite.com is live

Post by Patreek »

I seem to remember in the books the kids actually actively giving things color.

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

FanChan wrote:
J3llyb3ans wrote:I have to wonder why they didn't just do that in the original. I don't remember any mention of her hobbies.

It wasn't exactly all that important to the story or merchandise. She governs Rainbowland and takes care of colour. That's what was important to know about her :p
I can see that logic. I somehow doubt there was much thought going into each character on a personal level when it came to coming up with a successful toyline back then.

I felt the need to bring that up because I think it makes the character feel more human or more believable when they have those personal things they enjoy.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Patreek wrote:I seem to remember in the books the kids actually actively giving things color.

Really? Not that I've read any of the books aside from Brook Meadow Deer since it came with the purse I bought, but in that one, Patty is brought along to green-ify the meadow, but all she does is help throw out star sprinkles. Actually, this book makes it sound like the sprinkles themselves colour things, rather than the rainbow. Ugh, why can't there be continuity with our beloved series? T_T
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

I just saw this now....i absolutely hate the animation and the voice actors can't act IMO....but aside from that...yay for rainbowland being the same and I think the characters look fine...i just want better animation and acting darn it lol
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Wolf Ranger

Post by Wolf Ranger »

keep in mind that this is all my opinion, and I am entitled to it for as long as I am.

Wow..

Just wow..I have been to this new site at least twice now, and there's a few points that I want to stress before I give my final thoughts. First off, this video telling the "story" is beyond awful. I like how they kept the old desgins of rainbow land, and the whole transfomring bit (Sailor Moon anyone?) Though everything else was so..so..AWFUL! That's not animation, that's what comes out of you after eating to much! Also the VAs remind me of a High School drama club then professional voice actors. It just reeks of a cheap attempt at a backstory that even a six year old can see through.

Now on to the rest of the site, and I was still cringing after that video. I checked out the theme song, and that too is just..blech. I mean why not just re-record the oringal theme song?

There was a game if you can call it that. Nothing special there really, just try to match or catch a star. It was kinda bland. There's also some coloring pages to print out too for the little ones. Now the highlight here was the puzzles and I had a bast doing them. Which is sad becuase the rest of the site was lacking.

The desgin was colorful I sill give it that, but why not use flash animation as a site intro instead of a two minute dribble fest they called animation? It would've made it alot more lively and fun to explore.

Overall the new site does little to get my hopes up for the new toys or whatever, but it is nice to see Hallmark trying to get Rainbow up to date.

RainbowBrite1983

Post by RainbowBrite1983 »

I dont know what to think about the new Rainbow Brite. Im happy they are bringing her back and showing her to a whole new generation of little girls but on the other hand she's not what she used to be back in the 80's. I dont much care for the storyline. Why on earth would Rainbow leave RainbowLand?? Her story is all re-done and i dont like it one bit. Rainbow grown up is just too wierd for me and the theme song is just bad. they could have at least gotten the old one and re-did the music. They didnt need to chance the lyrics and music. Also What is up with the cypters?? Rainbow didnt have one before and why would she need one now?? where are the color kids and where is Murky and Lurky?? I also though that puppy brite was a boy and where is Kitty Brite?? why did they have to chance Twinks name to twinkle?? That i dont like at all. Starlights voice is also bad and they could have gotten the original voices for all the charcters!its well known that Bettina would love to voice rainbow again and theres certianly a chance that the other voice actors would love to voice their charcters again. Im pretty disappointed. Iam how ever relieved that Rainbowland looks the same. now lets see what eles they have destroyed.

Amu610

Post by Amu610 »

Maybe she went on "vacation" like someone said; and the villains were gone for a while and all of a sudden, they come back? like say Rainbow Finally saved rainbow land, then the villains are put in rainbow jail or something (LOL!) and then they get out and want revenge? Sorry if that didnt make any sense ^_^; I really Like Tickled Pink and Moonglow's voices but im not too sure about Rainbows.. maybe i'll get used to it later?

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Patreek wrote:I seem to remember in the books the kids actually actively giving things color.
Yeah, didn't they help in the book where Murky used the big fan to blow away all the colors?

Haha, someone mentioned Sailor Moon... I used to be SO into Sailor Moon when I was about 14 or so. :) Think I still have the 3 movies - R, S, and SuperS. Ah memories.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

SunSpire wrote:Well I haven't really put much thought into it, I just copied them over lol

But sure, go ahead! :) I can add them for you after!

"SunSpire"
I'll make a separate thread. :)
J3llyb3ans wrote:One thing I forgot to mention in my last post that I think is a truly great idea. Rainbow is an artist in this version. That fits her so perfectly. It goes with the nature of her powers as well. This is a definite win in my opinion.

I have to wonder why they didn't just do that in the original. I don't remember any mention of her hobbies.
I do like the idea of Rainbow as an artist as well. And the whole world is her canvas. XD
RainbowBrite1983 wrote:I dont know what to think about the new Rainbow Brite. Im happy they are bringing her back and showing her to a whole new generation of little girls but on the other hand she's not what she used to be back in the 80's. I dont much care for the storyline. Why on earth would Rainbow leave RainbowLand?? Her story is all re-done and i dont like it one bit. Rainbow grown up is just too wierd for me and the theme song is just bad. they could have at least gotten the old one and re-did the music. They didnt need to chance the lyrics and music. Also What is up with the cypters?? Rainbow didnt have one before and why would she need one now?? where are the color kids and where is Murky and Lurky?? I also though that puppy brite was a boy and where is Kitty Brite?? why did they have to chance Twinks name to twinkle?? That i dont like at all. Starlights voice is also bad and they could have gotten the original voices for all the charcters!its well known that Bettina would love to voice rainbow again and theres certianly a chance that the other voice actors would love to voice their charcters again. Im pretty disappointed. Iam how ever relieved that Rainbowland looks the same. now lets see what eles they have destroyed.
One thing that I would like to point out is that it seems as if you want too much to have an exact replica of the 80's series back and that the new one won't work unless it's the same. Unfortunately, RB does need a revamp in order to survive in this day and age. I'm not sure if the original theme song would really speak to today's kids. The new one seems more modern and hip. If they were to use an older song I'd say a revamp of the song that plays during the credits of Star Stealer would MAYBE work.

Also, Kitty Brite might be dumped but was he/she ever really that important? lol Also, Twink is apparently slang for something kinky/dirty, which is why that changed. XD

And I agree that I don't like any of the voices, and I'm sure some could come back (don't know about Murky, though, since he was voiced by Peter Cullen, aka Optimus Prime, and I'm sure his price has gone up since the new TF movies). Bettina might be too old to voice Rainbow now. Maybe she'd be able to pull if off but I'm not sure. Her performance in Advent Children/AC Complete (as small as it was) seemed a bit iffy to me. But then it's probably not enough to judge her on so I would have to hold off on passing true judgment until I hear her say more in character.

Now a lot of things do need to change in order to be relevant in the modern era. I agree though in that I'm not sure how well this revamp is going to be. It might be too much old mixed with too much changed, when maybe it should be completely reinvented altogether. Or maybe the mixture will work but they just made some wrong choices. Who knows?

Maybe this whole thing is just a test and Hallmark execs are reading this forum taking notes and making changes. lol (doubt it but hey I guess you just never really know)

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Since she was not on the front page with the other three, I'm wondering if the execs have made Stormy into the main villain? One who will eventually see the error in her ways and be brought into the fold?

I can't say that I'm happy about the revamp of certain characters and the hideous color palette used, but I'm reserving final judgment for the release of the toys and the potential new tv series. I do agree that they should rehire Andre Stojka as Starlite. Out of all the voices for the show, his is really the only one that NEEDS to remain the same. The others can be written off as "growing older". And the sprites had such crazy voices to begin with, nobody would really notice if they were different.