RB Horses Coming to Meijer Stores

Chibi Rachy

Re: RB Horses Coming to Meijer Stores

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rainbow Brite wrote:
Leonardo Mystic wrote:This shoddy distribution, the launch for said distribution continually changing, and the cheap materials used for the product comes as no surprise to me given the fact it's Playmates. They do not have good history. Do not get me started on the way they treated the Ninja Turtles line in the last few years. It would be very ugly.
Actually, I think we'd enjoy hearing your experience with their Ninja Turtle line :) It would at least give us something to compare to...even if it is discouraging.
Yes I do agree :) Share your experience with us.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

I went to my other Meijer today. There was 1 each of Starlite and Sunriser, and still no Shimmer. :(
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

IndigoJoy wrote:I went to my other Meijer today. There was 1 each of Starlite and Sunriser, and still no Shimmer. :(
Perhaps Shimmer will end up being a rare horse XD
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

I have three Meijer stores in my city. I'll check them today and let folks know. I know my local Target stores carry all 3 of the 10" dolls and the 15" Rainbow...

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
Rainbow Brite wrote:
Leonardo Mystic wrote:This shoddy distribution, the launch for said distribution continually changing, and the cheap materials used for the product comes as no surprise to me given the fact it's Playmates. They do not have good history. Do not get me started on the way they treated the Ninja Turtles line in the last few years. It would be very ugly.
Actually, I think we'd enjoy hearing your experience with their Ninja Turtle line :) It would at least give us something to compare to...even if it is discouraging.
Yes I do agree :) Share your experience with us.
I want to hear about this because Playmates Strawberry Shortcake and Disney Fairies are the same low quality. As soon as I took 12 inch Tink off the card, her hair frizzed and it is impossible to fix.

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
IndigoJoy wrote:I went to my other Meijer today. There was 1 each of Starlite and Sunriser, and still no Shimmer. :(
Perhaps Shimmer will end up being a rare horse XD
I hope not. I don't want to end up paying a small fortune on eBay for one.

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Clinozoisite wrote:I have three Meijer stores in my city. I'll check them today and let folks know. I know my local Target stores carry all 3 of the 10" dolls and the 15" Rainbow...
I went to four Meijer stores today. :lol: :lol:

For anyone who lives in SE Michigan:

The one in Belleville does not even carry the Rainbow Brite toys.
The one on Zeeb Road in Scio Township does not carry them, either. These two stores are "flagship" stores and focus on groceries and not general merchandise, therefore their other departments are very tiny. [this is according to the toy department manager in Scio Township]

The stores on Ann Arbor-Saline Road (Ann Arbor) and Carpenter Road (Ypsilanti) carry both the dolls and the horses, but are out of horses at the moment -- all the dolls are available and for slightly cheaper than the Target prices! I spoke to the assistant manager of the Ypsilanti store and she said their next shipment comes in two weeks, so I guess I'll check back then.

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

On my way Up North, I stopped by five more Meijer stores in Michigan (1 in Heartland, 2 in Flint, 1 in Birch Run and 1 between Saginaw and Bay City). Three of the stores carried Starlite and Sunriser, but none carried Shimmer.

Is there anyone who still wants either Starlite or Sunriser? If so, I can buy some on my way back home on Monday. I ship worldwide. :)

QUESTION: HAS SHIMMER EVEN BEEN PRODUCED, YET? Does anyone on this board own Shimmer?

I also went to my two local Target stores today, only to find that they no longer carry Rainbow Brite products. I even checked the labels underneath empty sections...nothing. Perhaps Playmates was unhappy with their Target distributors and have switched 100% to Meijer stores, where available?
Last edited by Clinozoisite on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Clinozoisite wrote:QUESTION: HAS SHIMMER EVEN BEEN PRODUCED, YET? Does anyone on this board own Shimmer?
No one here has posted about finding Shimmer yet. That horse is quite elusive!

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

4 Meijers in one day? Awesome! You go Clinozoisite! We will haunt the Meijers until we find Shimmer!