Rainbowbrite.com is live

Chibi Rachy

Re: Rainbowbrite.com is live

Post by Chibi Rachy »

SunSpire wrote:
Now, Rainbow Brite is one of Rainbow Land's four Sky Powers, characters whose magical powers determine the cycles of Rainbow Land's days and seasons. With the help of her friends, her magnificent horse Starlite, and her magical Color Belt and Star Scepter, Rainbow Brite travels to the far corners of the universe, bringing hope and happiness to everyone she meets. No matter where you are, you can always count on Rainbow Brite to make your heart a little lighter and your world a little more colorful!
Hmm, 4 sky powers huh ... so there's no need for colour kids then I am guessing?

"SunSpire"
Wonder how they'll explain no Color Kids. With the Sky Powers in that description, the magical powers they possess seem to be what will do the trick with Color. Even if there are still sprites to mine color crystals, it doesn't appear as though there is a need for Kids to be in charge of their respective colors.

And the Captain Planet reference never gets old, lol.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Um... The Color Kids weren't even really 'in charge' of their respective colour in that they took care of colouring things of their own colour, aside from monitoring their colour in the rainbow going to Earth. It seems to me the Kids were just in charge of keeping an eye out for the things of their colour. When something gets low, they tell Rainbow so she can fix it. Rainbow might let the Kids feel like they're playing a big part by having them come along with their respective star sprinkles, but in the end, Rainbow's the one doing the work.

But even if they don't actually do anything in regards to making things colourful, Rainbowland's an awfully big place with a whole heck of a lot of things to do for just three (four?) people. Sprites to oversee, the star sprinkle machine to manage, a castle to keep clean, a whole world to monitor while Rainbow's paying attention to the Earth, etc.

On a different note, I don't like that they put Moonglo and Tickled Pink in charge of making colours. Stormy and Moonglo had nothing to do with colour; it was making storms and making the stars shine, and the most Tickled Pink was in charge of was mixing sprinkles to make the pastel colours. Rainbow's always been the sole colour-maker. I guess it could be interesting to see her with 'equals', but how's she the 'hero', when they're equal? Ah well. I guess I'm starving for a more comprehensive story than they would ever consider providing.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Tilas

Post by Tilas »

Heh, made a topic then saw this one. Oops. XD; Anyways, I like how they're at least attempting to merge old and new. Starlites voice I don't like though. it's pompous, but it's a forced kind of pompous, like he's trying to hard to sound arrogant. And Rainbow sounds way to adult for the age she's supposed to be. The anime magical girl transformation bit was kinda lame too, been overdone WAY to much, but I guess who else would she change? Hop into a telephone booth? :P
My Deviant Art~ KeonaKii

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Hey I'm all go for henshin gimmicks. ;)

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

SunSpire wrote:To celebrate the launch of the new site I've added some new avatars to the boards. You'll find them in your control panel's profile under "change avatar" and then navigate to the folder "newrainbow"

Image Image Image Image Image Image

"SunSpire"
Better late than never, I'd just like to thank SunSpire for making these adorable new avatars for us!
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Aww thanks, but all credit goes to Hallmark really .. I just nicked them off their site "teehee!" :)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Would you like any of the images edited or cropped differently? Maybe so that the entire image is in an icon? 100x100 or so? I'd be down with that. :)

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Well I haven't really put much thought into it, I just copied them over lol

But sure, go ahead! :) I can add them for you after!

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post that I think is a truly great idea. Rainbow is an artist in this version. That fits her so perfectly. It goes with the nature of her powers as well. This is a definite win in my opinion.

I have to wonder why they didn't just do that in the original. I don't remember any mention of her hobbies.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

J3llyb3ans wrote:I have to wonder why they didn't just do that in the original. I don't remember any mention of her hobbies.

It wasn't exactly all that important to the story or merchandise. She governs Rainbowland and takes care of colour. That's what was important to know about her :p
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.