Pics of the new Tickled Pink, Moonglow, Sunriser and Sprites

FanChan

Re: Pics of the new Tickled Pink, Moonglow, Sunriser and Sprites

Post by FanChan »

Chibi Rachy wrote:Yeah, we are. Perhaps they didn't want to release images of Shimmer yet since it's an entirely new creation, but it may be safe to say that it would be a variation of the colors for Moonglo and Nite that we currently see

Which means it'll look a lot like Skydancer -.-;;
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:Yeah, we are. Perhaps they didn't want to release images of Shimmer yet since it's an entirely new creation, but it may be safe to say that it would be a variation of the colors for Moonglo and Nite that we currently see

Which means it'll look a lot like Skydancer -.-;;
Pretty much. Probably not as dark. Something else I thought of though... I started thinking that instead of the heart, Sunriser may have a sun on her head instead. Starlite kept his star of course, but every other item is marked. Rainbow always has her Color Belt with the star, Twink with star on his pouch, and Rainbow's star wand. Tickled Pink now has a sun on her belt and a sun in her wand, with Twilight having a sun on her pouch. Same for Moonglo and Nite... I'm thinking Shimmer may carry the crescent moon as well.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I don't think shimmer is gonna look like skydancer.... I picture him looking like a silvery color. On the other hand, it could be that he *IS* skydancer, but with a name change because he's no longer with stormy, which sucks of course. I know we all don't want them to leave out stormy.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Dialga-Brite wrote:I don't think shimmer is gonna look like skydancer.... I picture him looking like a silvery color. On the other hand, it could be that he *IS* skydancer, but with a name change because he's no longer with stormy, which sucks of course. I know we all don't want them to leave out stormy.

If they leave out Stormy, I'm prepared to boycott @_@ Not that they'd notice. But it would be rather upsetting. Maybe I'd write an angry letter or two. With constructive criticism, of course.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

FanChan wrote:If they leave out Stormy, I'm prepared to boycott @_@ Not that they'd notice. But it would be rather upsetting. Maybe I'd write an angry letter or two. With constructive criticism, of course.
Leaving out Stormy would be a HUGE slap in the face to long-time RB fans, who want a Stormy doll above all else. Surely, surely they wouldn't do that to us...
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Rainbow Brite wrote:
FanChan wrote:If they leave out Stormy, I'm prepared to boycott @_@ Not that they'd notice. But it would be rather upsetting. Maybe I'd write an angry letter or two. With constructive criticism, of course.
Leaving out Stormy would be a HUGE slap in the face to long-time RB fans, who want a Stormy doll above all else. Surely, surely they wouldn't do that to us...

Let's hope not... It would seem dumb to me to not do stormy doll after she was cancelled before because a stormy doll WOULD get them lots of sales due to that... but it's kinda looking like Rainbow, Moonglo, and Tickled Pink will be a "trio". Who knows if they're gonna have other kids or not.

Also, do you think the new rb is going to have a tv show or just toys?
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

You know, I seriously have to wonder if they even consulted any Rainbow Brite fans in the making of this re-release. Something tells me they didn't give a crap about us older fans. I doubt the art was even done by an RB fan.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

FanChan wrote:You know, I seriously have to wonder if they even consulted any Rainbow Brite fans in the making of this re-release. Something tells me they didn't give a crap about us older fans. I doubt the art was even done by an RB fan.
They didn't necessarily seek us out, but I did contact Playmates Toys as soon as I heard they had bought the toy license. I was able to share info with them regarding what is most popular with RB fans, what we'd like to see, etc and they seemed genuinely interested. So I don't think they're turning a deaf ear to us at all :) This is just the first wave. I'm sure they have big plans for later releases...but what would be the fun if they spoiled it all for us now? ;) As my mother-in-law would say...there are so few surprises in life once you grow up...enjoy the ones you can ;)

No idea who did the art though.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rainbow Brite wrote:
Let's hope they don't leave her out. I'm not sure how her redesign would look, but Stormy seems like a logical addition to the original trio... you've got your color, day, and night girls. Why not add a weather one too?
FanChan wrote:You know, I seriously have to wonder if they even consulted any Rainbow Brite fans in the making of this re-release. Something tells me they didn't give a crap about us older fans. I doubt the art was even done by an RB fan.
I suppose it's something we'll never really know. There may have been other fans like Rainbow Brite who did contact them and let their opinions and voices be known though. I'm willing to bet that there might have been.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tilas

Post by Tilas »

Geez... I'm so torn on Moonglow. Sure, she does suit the moon theme more now, but when I looked at her, I immediately thought "Stormy???" She really looks more like Stormy then Moonglow, which worries me as to just what they plan to do with STORMY if they ever release her.
On that note, I'm also worried about the fate of the color kids. If we've got the Sun, Moon and Rainbow theme, are they going to just drop the Color kid idea entirely? As far as I've seen, there's no word as to if the color kids will even appear.

This whole style reminds me so much of a Barbie/Polly Pocket hybrid.....
My Deviant Art~ KeonaKii