Reasons why I think Sunriser is Tickled Pink's horse.

Dialga-Brite

Re: Reasons why I think Sunriser is Tickled Pink's horse.

Post by Dialga-Brite »

back to the original topic, I saw this on the news section of rb.co.uk, I want to know, are the pairings confirmed or are only the names confirmed? If the pairings are confirmed then well..... yay!
Fall Release shedule for new toys are:
[blockquote] Rainbow Brite and Starlite
Moonglow and Shimmer
Tickled Pink and Sunriser
[/blockquote][/center]
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Dialga-Brite wrote:back to the original topic, I saw this on the news section of rb.co.uk, I want to know, are the pairings confirmed or are only the names confirmed? If the pairings are confirmed then well..... yay!
Yep, they've been confirmed :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Just wanted to say that I am sorry if it bothers some of you that my theory is that Sunriser originally was intended to belong to Moonglow, or else belong to no one since she didn't in the except she wasn't released as a doll here. I even conceded and took it out of the Wikipedia article several weeks ago since not many people think that way. I still think that Sunriser might have originally been for Moonglow, but I won't argue with anyone who thinks otherwise. We can all have our own opinions and still be happy and be friends. :) :) :)
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

IndigoJoy wrote:Just wanted to say that I am sorry if it bothers some of you that my theory is that Sunriser originally was intended to belong to Moonglow, or else belong to no one since she didn't in the except she wasn't released as a doll here. I even conceded and took it out of the Wikipedia article several weeks ago since not many people think that way. I still think that Sunriser might have originally been for Moonglow, but I won't argue with anyone who thinks otherwise. We can all have our own opinions and still be happy and be friends. :) :) :)
No one's gonna mind that you have a different theory :) Tell us why though cause I'd be interested to hear the arguments for that one. No one can tell you it's wrong as Sunriser/Tickled Pink are a merchandising thing but were never shown for the tv show. It's all just speculation.

:rbstormy:
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Rainbow Brite wrote:
Dialga-Brite wrote:back to the original topic, I saw this on the news section of rb.co.uk, I want to know, are the pairings confirmed or are only the names confirmed? If the pairings are confirmed then well..... yay!
Yep, they've been confirmed :)
I should've read the beginning of the other topic, the answer was right there lol

Anyways, I can't wait to see pics of the new tickled pink, moonglo, the horses & the sprites! I bet they'll be pretty..... :)

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Chibi Rachy wrote:Tell us why though cause I'd be interested to hear the arguments for that one.
Well I've explained it before, but sure! :)

First of all, Sunriser as a word kind of pertains to nighttime like Moonglow and Nite Sprite.

Secondly, Tickled Pink really didn't seem like she was a "special kid" in charge of more than one color in the original series, although there was speculation (and I think a book? or was that in 2004?) that said she was in charge of all pastels, not just pink. Rainbow Brite was special, obviously, and Stormy was special in that she was in charge of storms. Moonglow was special in being charge of making the night beautiful and probably could have used the help as the sky is so big!

Finally, Moonglow has a lot of pink in her outfit and hair, so I don't think that just the fact that Sunriser is pink should necessarily make her belong to Tickled Pink.

So for those reasons I think that Sunriser could have been intended to belong to Moonglow, if the show had gone on longer or had the Moonglow doll been released here and not just in Germany.

Of course this only pertains to the 1980s version... who knows what will change in the 2009 version! I will be happy to welcome Shimmer to the clan. :)

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

First of all, Sunriser as a word kind of pertains to nighttime like Moonglow and Nite Sprite.
I have no problem with the rest of your theory, as it all could've been possible, but I just want to say about that ^^ part, doesn't a sunrise happen in the MORNING?

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

IndigoJoy wrote:Well I've explained it before, but sure! :)

Secondly, Tickled Pink really didn't seem like she was a "special kid" in charge of more than one color in the original series, although there was speculation (and I think a book? or was that in 2004?) that said she was in charge of all pastels, not just pink. Rainbow Brite was special, obviously, and Stormy was special in that she was in charge of storms. Moonglow was special in being charge of making the night beautiful and probably could have used the help as the sky is so big!

Finally, Moonglow has a lot of pink in her outfit and hair, so I don't think that just the fact that Sunriser is pink should necessarily make her belong to Tickled Pink.

So for those reasons I think that Sunriser could have been intended to belong to Moonglow, if the show had gone on longer or had the Moonglow doll been released here and not just in Germany.

Of course this only pertains to the 1980s version... who knows what will change in the 2009 version! I will be happy to welcome Shimmer to the clan. :)
With the exception of the sunrise/night thing, I do like your theory. I'm not sure about the thing with Tickled Pink. I do know that in the coloring books for 2004 it mentions that she is in charge of those secondary colors with the female sprites and they mix them up. I don't know about the original books. I'm sure someone else could answer that one.

The thing with Sunriser is always interesting...maybe she wasn't meant to be anyone's horse. From the beginning, we know that Rainbow helps Starlite escape the ice and that Stormy and Skydancer have most likely been paired since the beginning. Stormy and Rainbow take their horses to help with their duties, so why not Moonglo?

What's interesting is that only Rainbow has both sprite and horse. Stormy only has her horse and Moonglo only has her special sprite. If they ever do release Stormy with the dolls, I would guess they'd go and give her a sprite to have. They made a horse for Moonglo, though it may purely be so that each girl has the same amount of accessories to buy.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Well, sunrise is the end (and a beautiful end at that) to the nighttime!

I wonder what they'd name a sprite for Stormy. Cloud? Cloudy? Raindrop? Lightning? Thunder?

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Awww, they should recycle Skydancer's original name for Stormy's sprite! Now I wanna draw that... I mean-spirited, bad-tempered sprite. Makes me think of a My Little Pony with some smooze on it.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.