Concerned Fan of Rainbow Brite‏

Wolf Ranger

Re: Concerned Fan of Rainbow Brite‏

Post by Wolf Ranger »

TheWendybird wrote:Are they making these fashion dolls or something because we can't figure out why the heck they'd even make the boots and cuffs removable. The boots being split on the back is one of the....i'm sorry but one of the dumbest looking things i've seen. I'll be honest. I was okay with the general look of them...disappointed but was still wanting them...they hit me as a little less ok now simply for the weird design they have done...meaning cuffs that barely cover even half the circumference of the arm and the split boots in the back..that one had to be the stupidest looking one...I can just picture one of them saying to another "Do you have cold feet?" "No i'm not scared at all" "no i mean do you REALLY have cold feet cause mine are freezing!":P

ROFL!!!! Ok Now that I can see wendybird.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Starvoyager wrote:And while on that subject, why are those pieces removable at all? Do they even plan for these to be dressup dolls? It certainly doesn't seem that way. These kinds of characters generally just don't make much sense as dressup. It's been tried before and it essentially went nowhere.
They may have planned for that. The outfit is removable as well. Perhaps they'd like to do a throwback to the dress up dolls in future points in the line. Can't say it doesn't make sense to have these pieces be removable until we know if the dolls are going to be given other outfits in the future or not.
Starvoyager wrote:I thought the idea was going after older girls than what the original RB did? That was what I thought the PR said. Either way, asking for oldschool RB doesn't mean remastering the series. It means creating new content in the same style. But even that isn't completely necessary.

As many have said, for example, the revised version of SSB. Many are appalled by it, but even those who are can agree that it still looks cute. Far less can say that about the new RB. She's styled like a makeup advocate, not a superhero.
They do want to go after older girls. They also wanted to bring in a bit of guidance as well and encourage helping others in the process. Old school Rainbow would not work with an older audience of girls in this age. I'm not seeing it work with the preteen crowd. She needed to be older to do that, sadly. Perhaps not in the style she's currently in, but not looking like a 7-8 year old. The new Rainbow does not scream "makeup advocate". Perhaps magical girl, as has been stated with the transformation sequence works better.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Patreek

Post by Patreek »

I don't mind that they are removable... its HOW... it wouldn't even be that hard to come up with a way for them to be removable and look nice, it just looks so lazy and ugly

kookie

Post by kookie »

Patreek wrote:Can you post the address you mailed your letter to? I'd like to write one as well and encourage others to. Its still early enough that they may alter certain plans that they are still able to if they hear a strong response... mailing a letter is always more affectual than posting online... they tend to take it more seriously because you cared enough to go to the trouble.
sure no problem.
Sarah L Kolell (skolel2@hallmark.com) &
clynch@unitedmedia.com

I just went to hallmark.com then contact us page. Sarah wrote back, the other associate might be more in the media. I just included them both.

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Rainbow Brite wrote:Just because they slightly changed the name of the Color Kids doesn't mean they're gonna suck. Sheesh! I'm just glad they haven't totally done away with them like we originally feared! I can't wait to see what the boys will look like :)
'Nuff said. And woot they still exist!
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Patreek wrote:I don't mind that they are removable... its HOW... it wouldn't even be that hard to come up with a way for them to be removable and look nice, it just looks so lazy and ugly
I can tell you right now I had Barbies when I was very little with arm warmers and they were CLOTH and covered the WHOLE circumference of the arm lol There was simply no excuse for this styling lol
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Now I'm having bad flashbacks about how hard it was with some of the Barbie outfits, lol... and some of her shoes always fell off...
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

IndigoJoy wrote:Now I'm having bad flashbacks about how hard it was with some of the Barbie outfits, lol... and some of her shoes always fell off...
Amen to that but I still think it would be okay for something like these dolls...or to just have it built onto the arm...and not be removable...because if they're not fashion dolls it really wouldn't matter. Barbie was a fashion doll.
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

TheWendybird wrote:Amen to that but I still think it would be okay for something like these dolls...or to just have it built onto the arm...and not be removable...because if they're not fashion dolls it really wouldn't matter. Barbie was a fashion doll.
Weren't they called Fashion Dolls in at least one of the articles? I could be remembering wrong, but I thought they were...so perhaps there will be other outfits released for them. That would be fun! But yeah, they seriously need to improve the arm cuff design. They hardly stay on at all. If they don't end up releasing alternate outfits, I'm considering super glue. But I don't mind the slit on the boots. There'd be no way to get them on and off otherwise and they're super cute! Love the Murky/Lurky story though...lol
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Chibi Rachy wrote:Making the Kids Color Wave Kids seems a rather interesting concept. Now we're really bringing in some science here. Maybe the Kids have a more scientific purpose this time around. Would seem to make sense if they educated us, since they want one of the goals to be to get others to lend a hand.
Totally overlooked this before. Somehow I don't think science is the reason for the "color wave" thing. If it is, the writers have no idea what they're talking about. I've heard the visible light spectrum called a number of things, but never a wave. A wave could be described as a carrier of light, so maybe that's it. Sounds like another unnecessary change though, and... well, probably for the worse. And this isn't even coming from my faith (or lack thereof) in Hallmark. It's just what I've been seeing a lot of lately.

Take Transformers for example. In their sad effort to make a live action film seem more plausible than the cartoon, they actually managed to create a plot that even makes LESS sense. It changed from a race of highly-advanced robots built by alien creators... to a mystical cube thing that can make a cell phone grow arms and legs and start skipping around the table.