Rainbowbrite.com is live

FanChan

Re: Rainbowbrite.com is live

Post by FanChan »

IndigoJoy wrote:You know, I'm sure you've all already noticed this, but I think I missed the fact that Sunriser now has a gold sun on her forehead instead of a white heart. Maybe I already knew that, lol, and I just forgot.

I didn't notice that, and we didn't know, because the stock image they had of her with the stickers had her forehead hidden.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:
IndigoJoy wrote:You know, I'm sure you've all already noticed this, but I think I missed the fact that Sunriser now has a gold sun on her forehead instead of a white heart. Maybe I already knew that, lol, and I just forgot.

I didn't notice that, and we didn't know, because the stock image they had of her with the stickers had her forehead hidden.

I didn't notice that either. But I suppose it matches with Shimmer's moon.

And Indigo, I would love if that happened, but it also says that she missed her family so yeah.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Actually, we don't really know how long she's been gone. The dialogue, I believe, was "She didn't abandon us, she just missed her family," then, "She doesn't remember us, what'd you do to her?" Since they didn't have a replacement for her, maybe it wasn't intended that she'd left her place as Rainbow Brite after all.

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Very good points. I didn't consider that. That gives me some hope!

Patreek

Post by Patreek »

well... its about what I expected it was goign to be... and I don't love it... but it is exciting somehow to see rainbow brite out there again. :-) I actually liked having a transformation sequence, even if its just a one time event.

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

I think the transformation sequence needs to happen more often, with Rainbow yelling something like, "RAINBOW PRISM POWER!"

Makes more sense for Rainbow to say stuff about prisms than for Sailor Moon. XD

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

"By your powers combined, I am....Rainbow Brite!"

*cough*

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Now, Rainbow Brite is one of Rainbow Land's four Sky Powers, characters whose magical powers determine the cycles of Rainbow Land's days and seasons. With the help of her friends, her magnificent horse Starlite, and her magical Color Belt and Star Scepter, Rainbow Brite travels to the far corners of the universe, bringing hope and happiness to everyone she meets. No matter where you are, you can always count on Rainbow Brite to make your heart a little lighter and your world a little more colorful!
Hmm, 4 sky powers huh ... so there's no need for colour kids then I am guessing?

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

D: No... color kids?

That can't be!

Also, lol@ Fanchan. Captain Planet? XD

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Wow! *explodes*

I'm loving it. Seriously, this is how I imagined it would be (well, kinda). I like how they're portraying each character and the art style. Also, magical girl elements are a nice touch and I'm not just saying that because I'm such a magical girl fan, I think it works.

The short cartoon was good for what it was. I didn't really expect much of an animation budget for a short on a website. I think it served it's purpose, which was to build excitement. If in fact there is a new cartoon to tie in with the new toys, it's likely it will have a reasonable animation budget.

I think it's a bit too soon to expect colour kids. I'm sure it depends on how the merchandise with the current characters sell.

Anyway, this is looking most excellent so far.