OMG!! New RB Dolls for 2009!!

Rose Red

Re: OMG!! New RB Dolls for 2009!!

Post by Rose Red »

I never liked the look of those dolls... they were just weird... I bought a dvd off of tracy and that was it lol

But I did play 'vintage cop' I think we all did 'back in the day' so many people thought those crazy dolls were vintage for some reason

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

To me the 03-04 dolls look enough like the vintage dolls for a kid to enjoy. But I still think the originals would be even better for them.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Rose Red

Post by Rose Red »

Oh i wasn't saying she wouldn't enjoy them.. just that I never bought any at the time.

And I am really not going to go raid ebay for an over priced 2003 doll that someone is trying to pass off as vinatge..

On an side note...

Sunny, is there anyway you can move that darned new topic button... i keep hitting it instead of post reply... I did the same thing with original board too though... maybe I should just learn to read.

Wolf Ranger

Post by Wolf Ranger »

I might have to make room for one new RB dolls..I can go without the rest really.

SEGAGIGA

Post by SEGAGIGA »

The image on http://www.unitedmedialicensing.com/ suggests how the new look can turn out come 2009... She's older, resembling a girl in "tweenage".

Not bad, but I'm still hoping they'll release a commemorative one with a vintage look. Not worn out vintage but similar to the Mattel release...I want my official Krys and On-x action figures with decent articulation, lights and sounds. :rbsmile:

LadyDracoWD

Post by LadyDracoWD »

I just signed up here right after I saw this topic on rainbowbrite.net and read the article about it.
I just wanted to say I was just speaking with my mother earlier about the remade 80's characters and she had said "At least they aren't trying to remake Rainbow Brite again..." But I suppose she spoke too soon... My first reaction was to bang my head on my desk grumbling "D@** it..." repetitively... I really hope they don't ruin it...
However, if the designs are good, I would love to see Stormy, Moonglo and Krys dolls and such...

RainbowBrite1983

Post by RainbowBrite1983 »

Im super excitied that they are FINALLY re-launching Rainbow again! I cant wait to see what they come up with! With what i saw so far with the pic that was posted above i will say that I dont like the idea at all of making Rainbow a teen. Rainbow is supposed to be a little girl at at least the age of 6 or 7 and but still being very mature for her age. turning her in to a teenager just takes away what she was created to be and i personaly dont like it. i understand wanting to appeal to todays generation but whats wrong with the way she was ment to be? I guess as long as they dont slut her up and make her in to a brainless bimbo that thats fine but still i hate to see her innocence taken away.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

With what i saw so far with the pic that was posted above i will say that I dont like the idea at all of making Rainbow a teen. Rainbow is supposed to be a little girl at at least the age of 6 or 7 and but still being very mature for her age. turning her in to a teenager just takes away what she was created to be and i personaly dont like it.
I agree with you but to me the new rainbow brite looks like a twelve year old, not a teenager. In my opinion twelve year olds are still little kids.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

My post might not have been clear, sorry. :)

I meant that I agree that her innocence needs to be preserved, but I don't agree that they've actually made her a teenager for the reasons mentioned above.

(I still hate not being able to edit my posts....)

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

I might have to change the forum settings a bit so you can edit your own posts up until a certain time after you posted, cos double posts are often being ignored by others :P

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]