Two more Rainbow Brite Mysteries Solved

Chibi Rachy

Re: Two more Rainbow Brite Mysteries Solved

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Watercolor wrote:Him: Well, I honestly don't see "Rainbow Brite" as a name. Her name was given to her. "You will be hence forth known as Rainbow Brite"...To me, "Rainbow Brite" isn't a name. It's a Title. Like "The Dread Pirate Roberts" (That's "Princess Bride" reference for those who don't know).
Who would have thought one would be able to make a connection between Princess Bride and Rainbow? It does make sense though. Rainbow never was the first, or so I've thought. Even if Rainbow is 700 years old, someone had to be around before she took over the title. Someone wore the Color Belt and someone guided the Color Kids.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Watercolor wrote:LOL, My boyfriend and I (yes, my boyfriend....I bounce theories off him all the time) had this same discussion.

Me: The 700 year old age theory....it always confuses people.

Him: Well, I honestly don't see "Rainbow Brite" as a name. Her name was given to her. "You will be hence forth known as Rainbow Brite"...To me, "Rainbow Brite" isn't a name. It's a Title. Like "The Dread Pirate Roberts" (That's "Princess Bride" reference for those who don't know). "Rainbow Brite" is a title given to those who protect the colors. The Rainbow Brite you know may be the third of fourth in a line of protectors this "Light" brought to help.

I so love him... he gives such a fresh perspective to these theories. He is NOT a die-hard fan, or even a fan at all. I showed the show to him, and this is what he came up with. Awesome, huh?

Over all, we are injecting too much reality in to a child's program, which was over all constructed to "Make Money". I say, just enjoy it...don't age it. :)
I always got the impression that Rainbow Brite was just a title as well. Kind of like how Optimus Prime had that name because it was his rank, and when Hot Rod got the Matrix of Leadership he was Rodimus Prime (lol G1 Transformers reference).

But that doesn't necessarily nip the entire thing in the bud, though. Sure, it's a title, but how many have there been, and just how long ago was the last RB in charge? How do we know the current one isn't seven hundred hears old? We know that Murky is, since he created Monstromuck. How long has this rivalry been going on?

You know, all this talk of it being a title makes me wonder what happened to the previous RB(s). lol

Also if RB is aging then one would assume that all the other characters are as well. What about the,?

But you're right. Too many details. But I can't help it, that's just the way I am. :/

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

It's kinda funny; this thread is addressing a couple of the plot points of my fan-comic. Namely that Rainbow Brite is a title, not a name, and what happened to the previous Rainbow Brite(s)?

"Tell me, Rainbow Brite, what is your name?"
Her brow furrowed and she turned her attention back to him. "What do you mean? My name is Rain-"
"No, my dear. Rainbow Brite is your title. What is your name?" When she continued to frown at him, a sad look came over his face. "You cannot remember, can you? No wonder."

"Just what are we supposed to do, then?" Lala asked in disgust, none of the kids liking the least bit what Stormy was saying.
"Look for a new Rainbow Brite," she said simply.

These are quite fun things to think about, aren't they?
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Oo do yo have your doujin up anywhere for me to read? :)

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Tennyo wrote:Oo do yo have your doujin up anywhere for me to read? :)

This is the bulk of the original written portion of it. It's still got a great deal of production to get through - I've come up with a better way to write it, so the whole thing needs to be re-written, before I can even begin drawing it all. But, there is a bit of the artwork of mine for the project around the forum.

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Cool, cool. Are you drawing the pages for the comic part?

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Tennyo wrote:Cool, cool. Are you drawing the pages for the comic part?

Will be at some point, yes. It's just taken a lower rung on the priority ladder, if you know what I mean :p

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Yeah that happens. Do keep us posted. :)