Childhood Innocence

TheWendybird

Re: Childhood Innocence

Post by TheWendybird »

I dunno what the show is like today but I know I miss old school "Reading Rainbow"...kids don't read as much as they should. I use to read ALL the time. Anyone see it more recently? Is it still good?
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

TheWendybird wrote:I dunno what the show is like today but I know I miss old school "Reading Rainbow"...kids don't read as much as they should. I use to read ALL the time. Anyone see it more recently? Is it still good?
Do they even still make that show today? I thought it'd stopped long ago....
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
TheWendybird wrote:I dunno what the show is like today but I know I miss old school "Reading Rainbow"...kids don't read as much as they should. I use to read ALL the time. Anyone see it more recently? Is it still good?
No idea hoping someone else knew lol I use to really enjoy it and I thought it was great it encouraged kids to read. A lot of kids have lost their imaginations..prably cause they have everything in front of them now instead of having to imagine with some stuff.
*~*~Krista~*~*

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

TheWendybird wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:
No idea hoping someone else knew lol I use to really enjoy it and I thought it was great it encouraged kids to read. A lot of kids have lost their imaginations..prably cause they have everything in front of them now instead of having to imagine with some stuff.
Did some research and the show stopped producing episodes in 2006. Turns out it's the third longest running children's program in PBS history, behind Mister Roger and Sesame Street (started in 1983). I dunno if you can find reruns though. I think that'd depend on the individual PBS stations themselves.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Aw that's a shame! The theme song...the old school one...use to give me the best feeling hehe
*~*~Krista~*~*

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

There are still reruns of Reading Rainbow, Mister Rogers and Sesame Street* on some stations so maybe checking your local PBS website for TV schedules would help.

*new episodes have new characters

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Butterfly in the sky I can go twice as high! Take a look it's in a book Reading Rainbooooowww hehe
*~*~Krista~*~*

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

My Boyfriend and I are at that point where we are thinking about having kids and this comes ups all the time. Do we even let them know Sponge Bob exists? Personally i was lucky to have parents that recorded EVERYTHING on VHS, and took the time to put all my 80's cartoons on a hard drive so my future children can enjoy the same cartoons i did (i even saved some of the awesome commercials).. well, i can't lie i still watch them regularly lol

Cartoons today are just missing conflict, i am a huge my little pony fan, and love the original 80's cartoons... they are scary, have real bad guys, and bad stuff happens, some times really bad stuff, but it all works out in the end... kinda like real life, right? The new animation for MLP, its cute, but really, if the worst thing that happens in Ponyville is they might lose my dance shoes and need to call a friend over to help find them, these ponies need to get a life lol.

Tilas

Post by Tilas »

Speakign of Readign Rainbow, did you know it just got canceled?
My Deviant Art~ KeonaKii

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tilas wrote:Speakign of Readign Rainbow, did you know it just got canceled?
Well they haven't been producing eps since '06 so it makes sense.