Modern music that reminds you of Rainbow Brite?

Dialga-Brite

Re: Modern music that reminds you of Rainbow Brite?

Post by Dialga-Brite »

TheWendybird wrote:It's kinda like how the bible was supposed to have been written...but with everything in existance.
Speaking of the bible... I've heard some pretty nasty things about it's contents and would like to know if it's actually in there or not (I've never read it). I've heard that the bible condones slavery and selling your daughter into prostitution. I personally don't think god would condone that so what's your opinion on the matter?

p.s. Not trying to start an argument. :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Dialga-Brite wrote:
TheWendybird wrote:It's kinda like how the bible was supposed to have been written...but with everything in existance.
Speaking of the bible... I've heard some pretty nasty things about it's contents and would like to know if it's actually in there or not (I've never read it). I've heard that the bible condones slavery and selling your daughter into prostitution. I personally don't think god would condone that so what's your opinion on the matter?

p.s. Not trying to start an argument. :)
I use to be a christian but i'm not anymore. I was very hardcore into it. People could ask me a ton of things and i'd know the answer..even my elderly christian grandparents couldnt get over how much i knew. Even though I'm not a christian anymore I kinda wonder sometimes if i shoulda went into theology. Anyhow it's been a while but off the top of my head...I'm quite sure that is correct. In the old testament one major thing I can remember is Lot...you know the story of Sodom and Gomorrah? The people of these cities wanted to rape the angels and Lot offers up his daughters to them instead:

Genesis 19: 1 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 "My lords," he said, "please turn aside to your servant's house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning."
"No," they answered, "we will spend the night in the square."
3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof."

There is tons of stuff like this...this is actually one of the reasons why I couldn't believe in it all anymore...the treatment of women. Sure Jesus seems to treat women great but over all the god of the bible teaches submission. Something I learned the hard way. Most Christians don't seem to talk too much about that. I have NO problem with christians..i'm putting that disclaimer here for the record..i was raised Salvation Army which is actually one of the more liberal denominations when it comes to women...at one time i was going to become a Salvation Army officer....but the belief system itself I guess you could say I was more like a Messianic Jew...very fascinated by the Jewish roots of Christendom. So I was a Christian who liked to look at it in light of the old testament. Like communion is the 3rd passover cup which related to the sacrifice or something like that. It's all online somewhere....anyhow...I just couldn't accept the stuff it taught...if I'm suppose to believe it's the word of God.....I can't pick and choose what to believe from it.....and I just cannot accept the views on women among other things in it. Still think Jesus is way cool but..lol
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I can't really believe the bible is god's word either, but like you I still think god and Jesus are cool. Some of the more harsh christians will probably say I'm wrong, but I think it's possible to still believe in God & Jesus without thinking the bible is God's word. Still I find it funny that a lot of Christians say the bible is a good book that teaches love and kindness, even though it says all this anti-women stuff like this in it. I have no problem with christians either, as I'm not a biggot, but I don't like their beliefs system very much. As for me... I don't really belong to any religion, although I'm pretty sure quakers aren't even close to the harsh and twisted beliefs system of other types of christians so they're probably the ones I'm closest to. But mostly, I'm just an indigo.

p.s. I was trying really hard not to sound biggoted against christians, as I'm not but I have a problem with some of their harsh beliefs systems. If something I said sounded offensive to anyone, please let me know but don't get mad.

:)

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Dialga-Brite wrote:I can't really believe the bible is god's word either, but like you I still think god and Jesus are cool. Some of the more harsh christians will probably say I'm wrong, but I think it's possible to still believe in God & Jesus without thinking the bible is God's word. Still I find it funny that a lot of Christians say the bible is a good book that teaches love and kindness, even though it says all this anti-women stuff like this in it. I have no problem with christians either, as I'm not a biggot, but I don't like their beliefs system very much. As for me... I don't really belong to any religion, although I'm pretty sure quakers aren't even close to the harsh and twisted beliefs system of other types of christians so they're probably the ones I'm closest to. But mostly, I'm just an indigo.

p.s. I was trying really hard not to sound biggoted against christians, as I'm not but I have a problem with some of their harsh beliefs systems. If something I said sounded offensive to anyone, please let me know but don't get mad.

:)
I fully understand...I'm technically a pagan but I also have so many beliefs that are so far outside the realm of what even pagans will go for ..im kinda a mutt but primarily pagan lol Most Christians think pagans dont appreciate Jesus at all but I do. I consider myself an indigo too yo! High five! haha I'm all there with that warrior spirit stuff haha A lot of things on this planet have GOT to change.
*~*~Krista~*~*

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Yes, things on this planet DEFINITELY have got to change. Here's all the things I, as an Indigo, want to try to change (as many as I can think of lol):

- parents not letting boys play with dolls
- parents not letting teenage or adult sons/daughters play with toys
- people picking on someone else because they like a kids show or kids toys
- people thinking a guy is gay or a pervert if they cross dress - it's possible that they just like women's clothes!
- if someone is gay, people shouldn't despise them for it
- nature feeding off itself and the circle of life, which causes things to violently die all the time (this one might be harder to change but I think it eventually will)
- any kind of bullying or being mean
- any kind of killing
- companies doing negative things, making negative products, taking advantage of people, (especially children), just to make money
- dirty politicians that put themselves and their "buddies" before their country and it's people

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

This thread is getting way off topic... let's try to stay with the original question at hand...and going into a religious discussion is not the best of ideas...this isn't the thread for it. Some of the stuff being said is kind of insulting, even without trying to be. No, it's not me that's being insulted. I'm trying to think of others instead... can't we stick to the topic?
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Thanks, Rachy. I rather agree.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Starting new thread Dialga if you'd like to keep talking about this.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=513&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

As for the insulting part. Nothing is meant to be insulting. Simply quoting whats in a book that is a part of a belief system. Not really anyone's fault that it's a part of the book other than the original author of the bible books. Just thought i'd throw that in there to end the topic. As I said before...DISCLAIMER: I have nothing against followers of it. Or even the system itself. I just don't agree with it. And I stated an example of why.
*~*~Krista~*~*

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

aww, sorry sweeties! : D I didn't mean to offend anyone. : D

I think it' always so fascinating how topics always wander from one thing to another : D

Another song I thought of, Red, Yellow, and and Blue by Bambee, another bubblegum dance artist.

For that matter, pretty much all music from the bubblegum dance genre reminds me of rainbow brite, I suppose from it's childlike and positive qualitites. : D

RainbowArmyGuy

Post by RainbowArmyGuy »

i think of her when i hear Jimmy Buffett's "Good Guys Win"
Yesterday is history, tomarrow is a mystery,
but today is a gift. Thats is why they call it the present